PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul supporters kicked out of GOP meeting

Sandra
04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/article463658.ece

Soccrmastr
04-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Similar things are happening everywhere. I hope more media coverage comes of it. I'm not sure if theres any legal challenges that can be made but someone should look into it.

Feelgood
04-19-2008, 01:56 PM
What do you think the odds are we can get this up on Drudge?!

"when pro-Paul dissidents were kicked out"

Sandra
04-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes, the challenge is over making last minute rules to exclude delegates.

(15)(11) No delegates or alternate delegates shall be selected pursuant to any Republican Party rule of a state or state law which materially changes the manner of selecting delegates or alternate delegates or the date upon which such state party holds a presidential primary, caucus, convention, or meeting for the purpose of voting for a presidential candidate and/or selecting delegates to the national convention if such changes were adopted or made effective after the first Tuesday in September of the year before the year in which the national convention is to be held. Where it is not possible for a state party to certify the manner and the date upon which it holds a presidential primary, caucus, convention, or meeting for the purpose of voting for a presidential candidate and/or selecting delegates to the national convention in effect in that state on the date and in the manner provided in paragraph (e) of this rule, the process for holding the presidential primary, caucus, convention, or meeting for the purpose of voting for a presidential candidate and/or selecting delegates to the national convention shall be conducted in the same manner and held upon the same date as was used for the immediately preceding national convention. If it is not possible to hold a presidential primary, caucus, convention, or meeting for the purpose of voting for a presidential candidate and/or selecting delegates to the national convention upon the same date as was used for the immediately preceding national convention, then delegates or alternate delegates shall be selected by congressional district or state conventions pursuant to paragraph (d) of this rule.

This rule applies to every level of delegate selection. No body of Republicans under the national committee can "undo" this rule.

ronpaulitician
04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
"Vote John McCain, or else... we kick you out of our party... by force."

defe07
04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
What a real shame! As a Floridian (as well as Washingtonian), this really makes my blood boil. :mad: One would think that the South would be friendly to the message. I guess we're going to have a lot of work to do there. :(

Sandra
04-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Also past rulings declare that a candidate can't be voted for at a caucus or state convention, only delegates. If they "declare" a candidate as the victor if more than one is running, then the convention is in violation.

FrankRep
04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Republican Party of Pasco County, Florida
http://www.pascogop.org/

Bill Bunting, Chairman
Republican Party of Pasco
727-862-1063

Email--> pascogop@yahoo.com

kigol
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
wow

acroso
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Bill Bunting, Chairman Republican Party of Pasco

I am concerned that Ron Paul supporters were kicked out of your Pasco County GOP Executive Committee meeting solely for being Ron Paul supporters. I think it would be dishonest for McCain supporters to try to rig elections and rules so as to disqualify other candidates.
thanks XX

Bruno
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
This is Soviet Union crap.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Similar things are happening everywhere. I hope more media coverage comes of it.

The same media that did everything they could to malign Paul until they discovered that ignoring him was a better strategy?

Hope in one hand and...

If they cover these things at all, be certain that it isn't to help us or becuse they have some interest in fairness or justice. We're on our own here.

Sandra
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
MSM realizes now that if they are complicit in steering the country into economic collapse, then viewers will have less access to electricity and internet service. Then the MSM dissolves.

heartless
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
bump for anger

satchelmcqueen
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM
What a real shame! As a Floridian (as well as Washingtonian), this really makes my blood boil. :mad: One would think that the South would be friendly to the message. I guess we're going to have a lot of work to do there. :(

I live in the south and ive had my Paul signs ran over in the middle of a 60' median on 515. I just keep putting them back up. We do have alot of work.

Cowlesy
04-19-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/article463658.ece

Traditional Republican Tampa Bay supporters are terrific, and I fully expect them to fight on against these frauds who are considered "the establishment".

speciallyblend
04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
the gop is imploding and to be honest screw the gop..

joemiller
04-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Look, we can lament how horrible things are, or how unfair it all seems, or we can actually do something about it. I have told you many, many times, you are wasting your time and perhaps damaging the cause when you try to participate in your local party meetings without first gaining your seat on the Executive Committee. Concentrate on winning your Execuctive Committee seat first, network with other Paulites in Pasco County and help them win their seats. Support the two Paulites "State" representative to the State GOP for your county...this is where the real power is located. Get organized.

joe

CurtisLow
04-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Now I know why I moved out of Florida...

rancher89
04-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Look, we can lament how horrible things are, or how unfair it all seems, or we can actually do something about it. I have told you many, many times, you are wasting your time and perhaps damaging the cause when you try to participate in your local party meetings without first gaining your seat on the Executive Committee. Concentrate on winning your Execuctive Committee seat first, network with other Paulites in Pasco County and help them win their seats. Support the two Paulites "State" representative to the State GOP for your county...this is where the real power is located. Get organized.

joe

working on it dude, working on it, May 3rd, 8 open seats for at large. One step at at a time......just watching the train wreck in the meantime......

Pauliana
04-19-2008, 10:07 PM
ripe for takeover