PDA

View Full Version : Why are the masses against us and who is the "enemy"?

RCA
04-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Has anyone realized that almost each person in this country is against personal freedom? How did this come to be? I think our revolution is quite disadvantaged over the first revolution because we don't have the support of the masses and we don't have a defined enemy all wearing red clothing.

constituent
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
"the masses?" who are "the masses?"

RCA
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
"the masses?" who are "the masses?"

97% of the population

constituent
04-19-2008, 01:22 PM
i don't believe in "the masses." people just aren't that simple. social conditioning is a bitch, but i don't think it is everything. as for enemies, we don't really have any of those either.

edit: also, during the revolution the "revolutionaries" were in the minority. their "enemies" wore red coats,ours wear badges (sometimes).

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Has anyone realized that almost each person in this country is against personal freedom?

In my experience, that's not true at all. Most people don't involve themselves in politics whatsoever because they feel they have no way of making meaningful change. That's why I was so dissapointed in ads that the national campaign put out. They targeted "likely republican voters" instead of finding ways to grow their base. (and get people telling friends and family that they have an alternative, just as the base grew with Paul in this cycle on the net.)

asgardshill
04-19-2008, 01:33 PM
True freedom is a scary thing to most people because its fruit might be sweet or it might be sour. Everybody wants the freedom to succeed but nobody wants the freedom to starve or not receive the medical care they need. Not to belabor the obvious, but given the choice, everyone would naturally rather be somewhat well-fed, healthy and rich than poor and starving and sick. And given the option of a safe and guaranteed outcome (socialized medicine, high minimum wage, welfare, et al), its actually surprising that more people don't trade away more of their freedoms in exchange for the politician's promise of a chicken in every pot.

liberteebell
04-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Here's the problem: most people think they are free. They have no earthly idea how our freedoms are eroding on a daily basis.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That and the [deliberate?] brainwashing about the function of government, specifically the federal government. Just think about the bastardization of the political lexicon; our representatives, paid for by us, are now called leaders. That gives an air of superiority and so everything our Great Leaders do and say should not be questioned.

IPSecure
04-19-2008, 01:47 PM
After decades of brainwashing via the media (newspapers, radio, schools, etc...) what is it we expect?

Exactly when did it become "We The People" vs "Them The GovernLess" ???

All of this reminds me of Black Sabbath - 'Mob Rules'.

Rooster: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5586403647523368615

Liberteebell, I absolutely love your signature!!!

mdh
04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Who is the enemy??

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/gijoe/images/thumb/1/14/Cobra_Commander_colors.jpg/275px-Cobra_Commander_colors.jpg

Duh.

Jason726
04-19-2008, 01:57 PM
One of the biggest enemys = TELEVISION

Truth Warrior
04-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Politicized, institutionalized, socialized, lobotomized, ignorant, apathetic, anesthetized, sleeping, complacent populaces, very often do and/or allow some very stupid and even idiotic counter productive things to take place.<IMHO>

liberteebell
04-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Liberteebell, I absolutely love your signature!!!

Wish I could take credit for it! RockEnds, a poster here at RPF wrote it some time ago and I loved it so much, I asked if I could use it.

V4Vendetta
04-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Has anyone realized that almost each person in this country is against personal freedom? How did this come to be? I think our revolution is quite disadvantaged over the first revolution because we don't have the support of the masses and we don't have a defined enemy all wearing red clothing.

This came to be, because of TV and Radio Dumbing down the American people.

The American people have become lazy and fat because of Americas prosperity.
Todays Generation has absolutely no clue about hardship, starvation, tyranny, mass arrest, mass executions.

When these things start to happen, (economy meltdown), the giant will awaken.
But millions will be lost.

Meatwasp
04-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Politicized, institutionalized, socialized, lobotomized, ignorant, apathetic, anesthetized, sleeping, complacent populaces, very often do and/or allow some very stupid and even idiotic counter productive things to take place.<IMHO>

I had to laugh at that even though it is sooo true

scotto2008
04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
True freedom is a scary thing to most people because its fruit might be sweet or it might be sour. Everybody wants the freedom to succeed but nobody wants the freedom to starve or not receive the medical care they need. Not to belabor the obvious, but given the choice, everyone would naturally rather be somewhat well-fed, healthy and rich than poor and starving and sick. And given the option of a safe and guaranteed outcome (socialized medicine, high minimum wage, welfare, et al), its actually surprising that more people don't trade away more of their freedoms in exchange for the politician's promise of a chicken in every pot.

Most people think that the colonists all spontaneously rose up and demanded their freedom from the British. Most didn't. They prefered the status quo, even though they had issues with it.

Small bands of revolutionaries such as the Sons of Liberty pressed the issue, and it wasn't until the bullets started flying that the "masses" joined the fight.

ronpaulhawaii
04-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Most people think that the colonists all spontaneously rose up and demanded their freedom from the British. Most didn't. They prefered the status quo, even though they had issues with it.

Small bands of revolutionaries such as the Sons of Liberty pressed the issue, and it wasn't until the bullets started flying that the "masses" joined the fight.

Even then it was still a minority, IIRC

Truth Warrior
04-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I had to laugh at that even though it is sooo true
I was laughing as I wrote it. :D

Thanks!

HollyforRP
04-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Here's the problem: most people think they are free. They have no earthly idea how our freedoms are eroding on a daily basis.

That and the [deliberate?] brainwashing about the function of government, specifically the federal government. Just think about the bastardization of the political lexicon; our representatives, paid for by us, are now called leaders. That gives an air of superiority and so everything our Great Leaders do and say should not be questioned.

I've heard that quote being used alot when someone is against Ron Paul. Strange!

glts
04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
The New World Order. President Woodrow Wilson said, "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world, no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 05:54 PM

However, it must be duly noted that some of the..shall we say...elderly ladies in the GOP have taken to wearing red hats.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 05:56 PM
The New World Order. President Woodrow Wilson said, "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world, no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

One of the most stark discoveries I have made on this day (district convention day) is the power vested in such a minute sliver of society. Just a handful of people who have done time in the GOP are rewarded with the power to be a national delegate. Seems slightly preposterous.

RCA
04-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Where is this quote from? I read somewhere (wikipedia?) that it could only be found on conspiracy websites.

PaulineDisciple
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Oh, this is an easy one, we have allowed them to educate us and our children. The masses are now so easy to be misled or confused that they are in the majority. This is why I homeschool. I just hope that educating your children at home and teaching them that our government is being controlled by a bunch of crooks and liers does not get chatagorized as home grown terror.

Government schools have a two pronged approach of dumbing our children down and to have a blind patriotism towards our government. If you have studied history, you will see that this senario is a very scary situation to be in.

Recommended reading list:

NEA, Trojan Horse in American Education - Samuel Blumenfeld
The Underground History of American Education - John Taylor Gatto
The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
Brainwashed - Ben Shapiro
Excused Absence - Doug Wilson
The Harsh Truth About Public Schools - Bruce Shortt
Let My Children Go - Ray Moore

Non-school related:
Amusing Ourselves to Death - Neil Postman

Any one of these books will give you a good outline about what is happening in government schools and that it is all intentional. I am not saying that everyone down the ranks knows what is going on but the actions at the top are very methodical and deliberate.

I believe that the single most benificial thing that this country can do is to shut down the DOE and leave everything local. Ultimately, the best solution is to privatize all education with homeschooling being a form of private education. This means no tax dollars are taken from us for education. If this ever happened, I would dance a jig.

ronpaulhawaii
04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
One of the most stark discoveries I have made on this day (district convention day) is the power vested in such a minute sliver of society. Just a handful of people who have done time in the GOP are rewarded with the power to be a national delegate. Seems slightly preposterous.

That is why we can win, and time is on our side.

satchelmcqueen
04-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Alot of it is laziness. Ive tried and tried to convince a few guys i know to look into paul because according to them by their on words, they dont know who to vote for and will write in Ted Nuggent. So i just told them about Paul in a few minutes as i didnt want to be pushy. i just told them to go and look up 1 vid of him on youtube. 6 months later...nothing. they still have not done it. they rely to much on the MSM to tell them what to do and think. they now say that its just down to 3 and paul is the farthest thing from their mind. this is one way most people are the enemy. laziness is a bad thing. i explained they need to look at other sorces for info on him because the MSM is purposley blacking paul out. now im "the conspiracy" guy at work. Im the Del Gribble now, only i aint a cartoon and live by Hank Hill. lol

wgadget
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Buy them Revolution books and hope they read them.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 07:31 PM
http://www.pogowasright.org/images/thinking.jpg

slacker921
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM

amen.. at my convention I saw a district of roughly 10 populated counties and the district convention was 85 people (and 15 of those are Paul supporters) and they choose 3 delegates to the national convention and made them declare who they would vote for - before the primary is even held - .. wow.. The GOP people there would stand up and support Mickey Mouse as President if the GOP masters told them to. It was sad. And yet the masses don't even know this goes on.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Exactly. It's like some weird Masonic meeting or something. Half of the old guard are REALLY old, one fourth look like real losers, and what's left gets to go to national. LOL.

Danke
04-19-2008, 08:28 PM

Sad, but true. But we will continue to educate and spread the word. We must!

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Athan
04-19-2008, 09:33 PM

Oh, our enemies are defined. They are the neocons, the career democrat and republican politicians in power and love junkets and never vote on principle, and finally it is the conglomerate industries in bed with the government.

The other HUGE percentage of Americans are just uneducated, unconcerned, unmotivated, unpatriotic, and they are not the enemy. They are the ones "on the fence" and are simply the mud before the hurdle.

jerry
04-19-2008, 11:57 PM
"not ready to be unplugged" from their imaginary/memorial chords to mommy-suggorate mommy (state, company, school, gov't, system, food, money, shopping and other related addictive distractings in between fixes). Some mammals come out of the womb already independant and free, some still need extended safe time, ex: humans need several months of post womb womb-like safety after being born. If they don't get it, they will spend the rest of their lives trying to recreate it through substitutes and then call it the status quo. But we don't say this, we simply say, "oh, the American personality is that they want to be taken care of, they want Santa Claus."

If every mom had their babies in 5 star hotels and lived there pampered for about a year, humans can move on to what RP is talking about. See Joseph Clinton Pierce's book, Magical Child. If RP wins, free markets will lead people to their mid life crises and then will read in order to understand. Pain drives people to seek and understand, but most it seems are comfortably numb.

C - Sections should only be used as a very very last resort. Most births should be natural without numbing drugs if at all possible.

But I think many boomer kids (now in their 20s) got better basic care during first few years, they may be able to no longer need a mommy substitue set up. ??

Question: Would you rather face the challenges of free market competition or the pain/frustration of living constantly as a dependent child?

ClayTrainor
04-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Gotta love the relevance of the Matrix.

Combined with VFV, it really makes me wonder if Wachowski's are paul supporters.

they sure as hell understand his message.

Zolah
04-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Where is this quote from? I read somewhere (wikipedia?) that it could only be found on conspiracy websites.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread199495/pg1

Discussed on ATS a while ago it seems, think you'd have to do more research yourself for a definitive answer.

Truth Warrior
04-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Gotta love the relevance of the Matrix.

Combined with VFV, it really makes me wonder if Wachowski's are paul supporters.

they sure as hell understand his message.

The Wachowski brothers are libertarians ( lower case "l' ). Institutionalized church/state IS the Matrix.<IMHO>

liberteebell
04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
"not ready to be unplugged" from their imaginary/memorial chords to mommy-suggorate mommy (state, company, school, gov't, system, food, money, shopping and other related addictive distractings in between fixes). Some mammals come out of the womb already independant and free, some still need extended safe time, ex: humans need several months of post womb womb-like safety after being born. If they don't get it, they will spend the rest of their lives trying to recreate it through substitutes and then call it the status quo. But we don't say this, we simply say, "oh, the American personality is that they want to be taken care of, they want Santa Claus."

If every mom had their babies in 5 star hotels and lived there pampered for about a year, humans can move on to what RP is talking about. See Joseph Clinton Pierce's book, Magical Child. If RP wins, free markets will lead people to their mid life crises and then will read in order to understand. Pain drives people to seek and understand, but most it seems are comfortably numb.

C - Sections should only be used as a very very last resort. Most births should be natural without numbing drugs if at all possible.

But I think many boomer kids (now in their 20s) got better basic care during first few years, they may be able to no longer need a mommy substitue set up. ??

Question: Would you rather face the challenges of free market competition or the pain/frustration of living constantly as a dependent child?

As for "not ready to be unplugged", sure, there are many who don't want to be unplugged but I believe that most are just stuck in a paradigm (comfortably numb) and have never even considered a paradigm shift; a different way of thinking, primarily because they've never heard it or been exposed to it before. You have to admit, the ideas Ron Paul has put out there are radical to the uninitiated, not to mention the near-total brainwashing mentioned often in this thread.

As Ernie Hancock says, this is a revolution between the ears. Sometimes you just have to give someone a tidbit of information to make them think; 3 or 4 years later, they'll come back to you and tell you what they've "discovered" (no thanks to you, of course). We're all works in progress. That's why it's so important for us to all continue to educate people, one mind at a time.

I have found that it often takes just one seminal event, issue or idea to plant the seed of change. One of my sisters, for example, was railing on about what a good idea her city's proposed smoking ban was. When I suggested to her that it was a private property rights issue, that restaurants really weren't "public property", she stopped dead in her tracks and said, "I never thought of it that way". It started her on the road to liberty thinking and I know her big mouth has educated others. :D

I have had much success changing minds in this way (that's why I don't agree with the in your face, too much information at one time approach). The current economic climate is a great place to ask thought provoking questions and get people thinking. It sometimes takes time, patience and energy but it's well worth it in the end.

sratiug
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
"

The fed / banking system is our enemy. If you can't save money you're always dependent.