PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution: A Manifesto -- "Ron Paul has written a masterpiece"

NightOwl
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
From Amazon:

This book is a must-read.

I truly believe that historians will one day write of THE REVOLUTION as the book that inspired a national movement to reverse America's decline.

It begins with a reality check. Our entitlement programs are insolvent. The dollar is collapsing yet we continue to borrow billions from China every day. National bankruptcy looms while we play empire games abroad, weakening our national defense and stirring up hostility against us. And the political class offers no alternative. Artificial limitations on free debate ensure that the right questions are never asked, let alone answered.

The book's core message is that our current path is unsustainable. Either we face the facts and revert gracefully from empire to republic, or financial reality will make itself known in increasingly uncomfortable ways until the system degenerates into chaos.

It seems impossible to me that anyone could read this book from cover to cover and come to a different conclusion. In concise and captivating prose, Ron Paul takes a rhetorical wrecking ball to the conventional wisdom about terrorism, foreign policy, the economy, healthcare, taxes, trade, the war on drugs, foreign aid, international institutions, and much more. He lambasts the media and political establishments for sustaining the illusion of a fantasy world while liberty and prosperity are silently strangled.

When the dust clears, all that remains standing is the legacy of our founding fathers. Ron Paul eloquently defends the original intent of the founders and the continued relevance of the Constitution. He draws for us a beautiful picture of America - the way it was meant to be, the way it still can be.

Forget the campaign-season rhetoric about unity and change. Here, finally, is a message - a manifesto - around which Americans can unite. "In the final analysis," Ron Paul writes, "the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves."

It is that time. The system is compromised. The government is not coming to the rescue. The media will only distract you. The future of our Republic will be decided by you and me. As a first step, let us rouse our neighbors by spreading this book far and wide.

Ron Paul has written a masterpiece that deserves to be read by every American. It enlightens and inspires from the first page to its final sentence:

"Let the revolution begin."

Truth Warrior
04-19-2008, 12:19 PM
:cool:

dsentell
04-19-2008, 12:50 PM
OMG!

Can't wait to receive my copy. C'mon Amazon -- ship, ship, ship!!!

MozoVote
04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, "Choice, Not an Echo" was the clarion of the Goldwater/Reagan revolution. Why can't we have a book?

wgadget
04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I hope the National Convention Delegate lady from GA who I gave the book to today likes it...I inscribed it "To ____, Fight for the Constitution!"

Maybe when she's through with it, she'll hand it to another from our delegation.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Here's the editorial review from Amazon:

Editorial Reviews
Review
Barry M. Goldwater, Jr., former member of Congress : "The real truth about Liberty. This book takes a wrecking ball to the political establishment. Senator Goldwater would have loved it -- it's The Conscience of a Conservative for the 21st century."

Product Description
This Much Is True: You Have Been Lied To.

* The government is expanding.
* Taxes are increasing.
* More senseless wars are being planned.
* Inflation is ballooning.
* Our basic freedoms are disappearing.

The Founding Fathers didn't want any of this. In fact, they said so quite clearly in the Constitution of the United States of America. Unfortunately, that beautiful, ingenious, and revolutionary document is being ignored more and more in Washington. If we are to enjoy peace, freedom, and prosperity once again, we absolutely must return to the principles upon which America was founded. But finally, there is hope . . .

In THE REVOLUTION,Texas congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul has exposed the core truths behind everything threatening America, from the real reasons behind the collapse of the dollar and the looming financial crisis, to terrorism and the loss of our precious civil liberties. In this book, Ron Paul provides answers to questions that few even dare to ask.

Despite a media blackout, this septuagenarian physician-turned-congressman sparked a movement that has attracted a legion of young, dedicated, enthusiastic supporters . . . a phenomenon that has amazed veteran political observers and made more than one political rival envious. Candidates across America are already running as "Ron Paul Republicans."

"Dr. Paul cured my apathy," says a popular campaign sign. THE REVOLUTION may cure yours as well.

NightOwl
04-19-2008, 07:39 PM
That's actually just the text from the back cover, which Amazon lumps into the "editorial reviews" section. When actual reviews start to appear, they'll add one or two to this back-cover text.

ScotTX
04-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I got mine yesterday from Amazon. It's awesome.

AFM
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM
No shit.

Its fucking beast

kigol
04-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Amazing... just looked at Amazon and the book is $12.60... Here's a link in case anyone needs it. Click me (http://tinyurl.com/3oyo75).

I just ordered one... was like $3 shipping too

Chester Copperpot
04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I went down to the local Barnes & Noble to get this book today but they didnt have any and the guy said its not coming out for a few days still.. anyways, while he was looking it up and I told him the author, he says "Is that like Ron Paul the candidate? The one whos not doing too well?"

I said yeah thats the guy, and when he said about him not doing too well, I just told him "whatre you gonna do." Although he seemed slightly prickish about it, I didnt feel like wasting my time on the guy, but anyways, he said they had one "foreign policy of freedom" in the store and he was real helpful and went to the shelf to find it for me and I bought it.

I can tell theres going to be a lot of good reading in this book.

Just figured Id share.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
It rocks.

slacker921
04-19-2008, 10:20 PM
it broke back into the Amazon top 100 again.. it's now #63

TER
04-19-2008, 11:21 PM
just ordered 2!

MRoCkEd
04-20-2008, 04:57 AM
#48 now

Todd McGreevy
04-20-2008, 10:03 AM
As each state goes thru its District and State GOP Conventions, imagine every Delegate getting a copy of the Manifesto and a Pocket Constitution...

We just had Iowa's 1st Congressional District GOP Convention in Dubuque, IA.
Despite all the shenanigans, all the hijinks yesterday, (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/46314) no one ever even thought about telling us we couldn't put up signs or distribute bling to the delegates.

Ron Paul's campaign or Ron Paul supporters in each state, ought to look at investing in a package no delegate can resist.

So yeah, at the State Convention and maybe even National, Ron Paul peeps are providing handy Ron Paul pocket constitutions and a copy of the Manifesto to all the delegates...no one would dare leave one of those behind no matter whose picture is on the back right?

Gee, wonder if McCain wishes he did that?
That would mean he would have to pretend to follow it.

It is so simple.
Makes a statement, and furthers the cure Dr. Paul has prescribed for some time --- read the Constitution more often... damnit.

3000 state delegates in Iowa in June --- about a $1500 investment for the pocket constitutions (we may be able to make that happen)

50 states x 5,000 delegates each =250,000 pocket consitutions...
http://www.nccs.net/us_constitution.html
50 cents each
$125,000 + logisitcs/labor to see that every state convention is blinged with a pocket C before the big meet in Twin Cities.

This does not include cost of soft back Manifesto book.
Wonder what a bulk rate would be?

Surely RP's $5M war chest would see the value in this?
Surely they've thought of it?

brandon
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Is this being sold in book stores yet? Or can I only order it online?

kigol
04-20-2008, 10:09 AM

only online AFAIK

NightOwl
04-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Someone on these forums said the other day that there were five copies at his local B&N. So it's definitely already in some stores.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
04-20-2008, 10:13 AM

"FIND IT IN OUR STORES
Enter a zip code"

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Revolution/Ron-Paul/e/9780446537513/?itm=1

pinkmandy
04-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I just finished it and it is the BEST. If every American read this book we'd have our revolution tomorrow. Read this book and you are hooked, no way around it unless your iq is 60 or something.

I love the way he explains the economics in plain speak- comparing the diluting of our currency and its value as a result to what would happen to the value of a Micky Mantle baseball card if there were suddenly a million more on the market...

We NEED to get this book out there.

yongrel
04-20-2008, 11:21 AM
#42 on Amazon's bestseller list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=pd_ts_pg_2?ie=UTF8&pg=2

bucfish
04-20-2008, 11:27 AM
The book is awesome order ten copies Lets make it Number One!

BuddyRey
04-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I've only got a few pages left, and I concur, this book is an absolute page-turner. I NEVER read books in single or double sittings, even short ones. But this one darn near hopped up into my lap and read itself!

Christopher David
04-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey! If you don't mind helping get that review in the OP onto the book's main page, vote it up here (click yes at the bottom):

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1WMPU2X8AP5F8/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

ronpaulitician
04-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Ordered another 4.

ForLibertyFight
04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
ordered 1 off amazon
i am so excited

skyorbit
04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #56 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

Popular in these categories: (What's this?)
#1 in Books > Nonfiction > Philosophy > Political
#1 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Political
#1 in Books > Nonfiction > Politics > Practical Politics

Make sure you're all buying it from your local bookstores too. We want to get this on the New York Times bestseller list, and they don't track internet orders.

TRacy