PDA

View Full Version : MO GOP Shambles listen to what happened

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 11:59 AM
(edit)

Feelgood
04-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Shit, do we need to hire lawyers to bring with us to these things?!?

soapmistress
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
yes. lawyers.

driller80545
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I think you should call Jimmy Carter. This is worse than Africa or whatever.

Bruno
04-19-2008, 12:28 PM
That's pretty f'd up.
Time to lawyer - up. There's gotta be pro-bono's out there that would attend in some areas.

bucfish
04-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Damn Brainwashed Oldtimers can they be so blind?

Join The Paul Side
04-19-2008, 01:06 PM
yes. lawyers.

It may get to that point. Definately something to consider. :(

MozoVote
04-19-2008, 01:16 PM
This brou-ha may suit the Missouri GOP just fine. They'd rather have a rump delegation and a contested convention, which prevents anyone from being seated and any disruption happening at the National Convention. They'll make any sacrifice necessary, to keep Paul supporters out.

angelatc
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
That's pretty f'd up.
Time to lawyer - up. There's gotta be pro-bono's out there that would attend in some areas.

The Ron Paul campaign should spend some of that $5 million to help the cause.

Feelgood
04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I just ordered mine...

http://www .spyshopsinc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=572

Soccrmastr
04-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Excellent job! I hope everything works out for you guys!!

MozoVote
04-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Were there any of the rank and file GOP disgusted enough with what happened, to participate in the rump convention?

I'm just trying to imagine what this would have been like... District conventions normally have some legislators and county commissioners in attendance, and statewide candidates arriving to make short stump speeches. I would think at least some of them would be shocked, to see a convention unravel like this.

This event will definately be bigtime rumor mill fodder among the GOP leaders.

V4Vendetta
04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Am i Shocked? no.
Unbelieveable? no.
Pissed? Yes

countrykidz4freedom
04-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I am sick at heart that this happened to you all-unfortunately, it also happened in our district, and most likely all over Missouri-they are not playing by the rules-they are determined to see McCain get the nomination, and they don't care how it's done-it is truly sickening how badly duped the public is. The next president has been chosen for the people, and they blindly believe their votes are what is deciding the outcome of the elections. It is soo sad. I also found info with graphs showing that Ron Paul was doing much better in the polls before the media started constantly stating that he would not win-maybe if we could get Americans detoxed from their TVs, their minds could comprehend the truth.

I really wish Ron Paul would switch over to the Constitution Party, as I know we could continue campaigning for him and I believe he would stand a better chance winning. I have listened closely every time I hear him speak of whether or not he will run other than republican, and I have not yet heard him say he absolutely will not-although I know it is not the direction he really wants to go. I am praying he will reconsider though, because short of filing lawsuits all over the country, I am losing hope that he can win this way. However I am in for the long haul, I have never found another candidate I agree so whole-heartedly with, and I will support him no matter what route he takes.

For all of you who believe in the power of prayer, we really need to start ringing the prayer bells of Heaven, harder than ever before.

liberteebell
04-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Were there any of the rank and file GOP disgusted enough with what happened, to participate in the rump convention?

I'm just trying to imagine what this would have been like... District conventions normally have some legislators and county commissioners in attendance, and statewide candidates arriving to make short stump speeches. I would think at least some of them would be shocked, to see a convention unravel like this.

If it's anything like my local area, I would seriously doubt it. The Establishment would all line up behind The Devil Himself if he had an "R" behind his name. At this morning's meeting, I heard "unity" at least 60 million times, especially in regards to how important it is to elect mc100yearwar. Ugh! They do not want us rabble rousers.

It's going to be tough to change the repub party; it may indeed be impossible. These neo-cons are entrenched and they definitely don't want to hear anything that isn't in step with their so-called "principles".

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 02:49 PM

Congressman Todd Akin was there..... my father was leaving the uncontested side and was right behind Mr. Akin while Mr. Akin was walking up to the podium to speak and my father yelled "follow the rules!". Todd Akin I'm sure got an ear full since he was like 2 feet away.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 02:52 PM
How the hell will Ron Paul continue supporting this party? You know I thought the Republican party was at the very least better than the Democrats. This is preposterous and I'm very angry. Ron Paul should never use the Republican Party again. What they are pulling is absolute BULL SH*T!

ItsTime
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
No one said a revolution is easy. Keep fighting.

acroso
04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
How did they get a list of all of your names and why exactly did they contest your status? err what was their official grounds for contesting?

mdh
04-19-2008, 03:53 PM
How the hell will Ron Paul continue supporting this party? You know I thought the Republican party was at the very least better than the Democrats. This is preposterous and I'm very angry. Ron Paul should never use the Republican Party again. What they are pulling is absolute BULL SH*T!

Well, he is still a congressman. We shouldn't discount the importance of that. Would we rather he be president? Sure... but a third party of independent run is a lot more difficult than people want to believe.

Right now, the GOP seems to be a good strategic decision for Dr. Paul. It lets him stay in congress, which is much superior to him being nowhere in government at all.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 04:01 PM
How did they get a list of all of your names and why exactly did they contest your status? err what was their official grounds for contesting?

They did not release that information as the rules required them to do.
(This is what the man in the Blue shirt said. I don't know his name. He said he asked for details about the challenges several times before today and was never given the information.) I'm writing a letter to the editor of STL Post Dispatch right now.

TER
04-19-2008, 04:03 PM
No one said a revolution is easy. Keep fighting.

QFT. This will get uglier before it gets better, make no mistake about it. We are up against a ten headed monster! If we persevere, we will win, because the truth is what will set us free.

pepperpete1
04-19-2008, 04:04 PM
These old party liners are not principled. They are breaking the rules and state statutes.
A challenge needs to be entered within a certain time frame. They will be surprised when "their" delegates are not seated either. If need be an affidavit by Mr. Todd Akin should also be gotten.
I think rather than appear as rabble rousers, we should speak in a civil , calm voice, loud enough to be heard, and if they do not respond, then in just as civil a voice, announce that challenges will be forth coming and the credentials committee at the RNC will determine who's delegates will be seated.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-19-2008, 04:18 PM
It's very distressing that they brought in police officers. If the ultra-corrupt GOP is now using the long arm of the law to assist their Stalinoid tactics, then this just got even harder.

Feelgood
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM
It's very distressing that they brought in police officers. If the ultra-corrupt GOP is now using the long arm of the law to assist their Stalinoid tactics, then this just got even harder.

They why dont we just bring along our police officers? :p

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Nah, the police followed what they thought was best. I'm sure they didn't know what was going on they were used unknowingly. Nothing happened with the police so I ask we please don't turn it into that. I'm told our testimony will be used in Branson to show how the other convention was unlawful so then our slate of Delegates will be used.

acroso
04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Anyone have an emails list?

Maybe we can email and ask what the grounds were that they were disqualified.

ItsTime
04-19-2008, 04:59 PM
A lot of the police officers in my town voted for Ron Paul :D I actually feel safer now

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Anyone have an emails list?

Maybe we can email and ask what the grounds were that they were disqualified.

Like I said earlier, these requests were never fulfilled.

This is my letter to the editor.

Dear Editor,

I am 23 years old and this was my first time taking place in any type of caucus process. And today I went to the 2nd Congressional District meeting in the cafeteria of Kirkwood High School after previously being accepted as an alternate delegate. I thought I found my home in the Missouri GOP party because for the most part it is everything I believe in , less taxes, no board of education, less big government, etc,. And on April 19th at 10:40am - 11:05am I found out along with about 50 others that our Delegate / Alternate status was challenged. After a late start a man stood up to the podium and said he was the temporary chairman and soon started reading off why approximately 50 people were being kicked off their Delegate / Alternate status. Many of us had copies of "Roberts Rules of Order" that the meeting must follow. Several times motions were ignored that did not follow Roberts Rules. Several attempts were made by several people to motion such things as "point of order", "object to consideration", and "division of the assembly" . "The Chairman is out of order!" many shouted and also seconded toward the end of the meeting. During the speech they said we must wait till the end of the speech to make motions. So we waited for the end and made motions only to be shut up once again and ignored. They even took a vote to adopt kicking off the contested people from the delegate slate. The vote was very close and no count was ever taken even after stating "division of the assembly" which means an actually tally must be taken. Never once did they respond to any motions made other than to shut us up. It was planned from the beginning to be a shamble. Totally railroading everyone and turning off many republicans including my Father who has been a republican since 1972. We were ignored to the fullest with out a doubt. They didn't want us there. Many of us plan to fight back. I just want the Missourians to know how the Republicans are resorting to dirty tactics to cheat us out of our votes. This makes me wonder if I really do support the republicans.

We however did make a motion to adjourn on the biases that the chairman was out of order and the meeting was unlawful. We all said "ya" and left the room and convened in the hallway. There we had a proper meeting and decided to send our own slate of delegates to Branson for the next step. All of us will be going to Branson with our testimonies to show why the other convention was unlawful.

Sincerely,

I am told by Derdy there will be a report about this tomorrow in the post dispatch because a reporter was present.

ronpaulhawaii
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Quite the election year... You guys make me real glad to be in this fight. Thanks. We can do this.

Yes, It is preposterous, let it fill your will with terrible resolve.

RP has brought us into the GOP, it is up to us to form our Party.

Work Hard, Make Friends, Make History

Dare to Win!!!

acroso
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
That's why we could send them lots of emails if you have a list!

rancher89
04-19-2008, 05:15 PM
"on the basis" not "on the biasis"

In your post earlier, you said that you were going to the national convention where it was going to get straightened out. I take it from this post that you meant the state convention. I wish you all of the luck and hope you have plenty of backup for your case. Keep us posted!

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 05:29 PM
how do i delete tthisss

rancher89
04-19-2008, 05:32 PM
don't delete, just edit or is there something else wrong??

wgadget
04-19-2008, 05:39 PM
If it's anything like my local area, I would seriously doubt it. The Establishment would all line up behind The Devil Himself if he had an "R" behind his name. At this morning's meeting, I heard "unity" at least 60 million times, especially in regards to how important it is to elect mc100yearwar. Ugh! They do not want us rabble rousers.

It's going to be tough to change the repub party; it may indeed be impossible. These neo-cons are entrenched and they definitely don't want to hear anything that isn't in step with their so-called "principles".

Yeah, but, fact is most of them are old and dying. Literally.

wgadget
04-19-2008, 05:40 PM
These old party liners are not principled. They are breaking the rules and state statutes.
A challenge needs to be entered within a certain time frame. They will be surprised when "their" delegates are not seated either. If need be an affidavit by Mr. Todd Akin should also be gotten.
I think rather than appear as rabble rousers, we should speak in a civil , calm voice, loud enough to be heard, and if they do not respond, then in just as civil a voice, announce that challenges will be forth coming and the credentials committee at the RNC will determine who's delegates will be seated.

And don't forget to run for office...This is the stuff great commercials are made of!

hillertexas
04-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Contact Info:

St. Louis Post Dispatch
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/help/stories.nsf/pdcontacts?openview&count=500
Kirkwood Times
http://www.websterkirkwoodtimes.com/1StandardUserPageBody.lasso?-token.links=&-token.userpage=7932.113117&-token.page=7932.113117&-token.pagecolor=White&-token.type=clientpages

MozoVote
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Much of this mud wrestling boils down to the insidiousness of winner-take-all primaries.

McCain LOST rural Missouri, and has plenty of enemies. There have to be some Huckabee and Romney supporters in these counties, that are enjoying watching the state GOP squirm.

Buffalo Bruce
04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Take a look at the photo. That's what patriots look like 232 years after some other patriots took on King George.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Contact Info:

St. Louis Post Dispatch
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/help/stories.nsf/pdcontacts?openview&count=500
Kirkwood Times
http://www.websterkirkwoodtimes.com/1StandardUserPageBody.lasso?-token.links=&-token.userpage=7932.113117&-token.page=7932.113117&-token.pagecolor=White&-token.type=clientpages

I e-mailed both pretty much the same letter.

Cowlesy
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Take a look at the photo. That's what patriots look like 232 years after some other patriots took on King George.

Q.F.T.

Cache22
04-19-2008, 08:21 PM

Unfortunately i don't think they are shocked. I know in particular, Timothy Jones, State Representative (http://www.timwjones.org/Contact.html)for the 89th District, found the whole thing funny and was seen laughing, as was Shamed Dogan, who is running for State Rep for the 88th District (http://electdogan.com/). (There were other members of the "club" getting a chuckle out of the sham of a caucus as well, but those are the only two names i can confirm.)

For anyone living in these two state districts i encourage you to do your part to let your friends and neighbors know we don't want people like Timothy Jones and Shamed Dogan in our state legislature. People that find it amusing and laugh while rules the party has agreed on are broken sure can't be trusted to be writing and passing legislation.

pepperpete1
04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
As per the Missouri Republican State Committee 2008 Call to Convention
Pg.4 CONTEST OF DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES
No contest shall be considered unless it meets the following conditions:
1) If contesting a delegate to the State Convention, the challenge must be filed in writing and be physically in the office of the Missouri Republican state Committee not later than 5 p.m., on Tuesday, March 25th, 2008. Challenges may be mailed or hand delivered to 204 E. Dunkin St., Jefferson City, MO65101. Such challenges shall be settled at the State Convention.

2) If contesting a delegate to a Congressional District Convention, the challenge must be filed in writing with the congressional district chairman not later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 25, 2008. A copy must also be physically in the office of the Missouri Reublican State Committee not later thatn Tues., March 25th, 2008. Challenges may be mailed or hand delivered to 204 E. Dunkin St., Jefferson City, MO 65101. Such challenges shall be settled at the Congressional District Convention.

3) Each contest must be in writing. It must request a specific action by the appropriate Credentials Committee: who by name and address should be seated, and who by name and address should be denied seating. The challenge must state reasons for the action to be taken and must be supported by evidence or testimony.

A state Convention Credentials Committee of 11 members is hereby authorized. The committee shall consist of the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Missouri Republican State Committee and one person from each Congressional District to be appointed by the State Chairman. The Credentials committee will prepare for the State Convention a temporary roll of delegates and alternates, and recommend action on any challenges submitted in proper form. The temporary roll will include all names of delegates and alternates certified to the State Chairman by the secretaries of the various local caucuses except those whose credentials are contested in the aove specified form.

Unless otherwise designated by the State Chairman, the Credentials committee may meet on Thurs., April 24th, 2008, at a time and location to be determined by the State Chairman, to determine which challenges, if any, have been submitted in proper form. The Credentials Committee shall notify all challengers who have not fulfilled the above requirements and explain that the delegates they contested will appear on the convention floor. For each challenge in proper form, the Credentials Committee shall notify those persons whose credentials are questioned that their certification has been contested and when they may appear before the Credentials Committee to answer allegations, at the address listed on the affidavit of contest, whichever is appropriate. Such letters must be mailed by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 7th, 2008.
This Credentials Committee will be the official Credentials Committee of the 2008 Missouri Republican State Convention, and will have full authority before that convention unless countermanded by a vote of the Missouri Republican State Committee. All other recommendations are subject to approval by assembled delegates of the State Convention.

Please file these challenges within the allotted time frame and on the proper forms and to the proper committee.

Keep a copy of this portion of the call to convention to use as a reference for future use.

If they did not file their challenges before March 25, 2008 by 5p.m. It was not done properly and should not stand.

http://www.mogop.org/convention/2008_call_to_convention.pdf

acroso
04-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Congressman Jones tim.jones@house.mo.gov

Shamed Dogan doganforstaterep@gmail.com

Well here are their campaign emails to complain to since they were laughing at the RP people getting disenfranchised.

driller80545
04-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I think you are wrong in blaming the "old guard" for this treason. The old republican party is the one that RP represents. It is the comparatively new "neo cons" that are destroying freedom in the world. They have hijacked the party and made it conform to their agenda. The "old" platform of smaller government etc. are only given lip service in order to continue to use the power of the party. It's the neo cons that should be running as independents/

derdy
04-20-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/political-fix/political-fix/2008/04/akin-briefly-disenfranchised-at-2nd-district-convention/#comment-16329

torchbearer
04-20-2008, 12:23 AM
This brou-ha may suit the Missouri GOP just fine. They'd rather have a rump delegation and a contested convention, which prevents anyone from being seated and any disruption happening at the National Convention. They'll make any sacrifice necessary, to keep Paul supporters out.

They did the exact same thing in louisiana a couple of months ago.
They basically said, we'd rather loose our delegates, to get rid of yours by intentionally breaking the rules.

Debbie Hopper
04-20-2008, 01:28 AM
If you're as furious as I am and ready to fire off a nasty email to Jones (who is a State Legislator not a Congressman) and Dugan (a wanna be), please don't without carefully weighing your words, and then sleeping on it before you hit send.

Ask yourself one question. Will your words help or hurt those of us who live in Missouri and are engaged in a pretty ugly fight to win every delegate and alternate we can to the national convention?

And remember, that's just the first step in a longer war. We live here, guys, and we're in this fight for the long-term. Please think twice before you drop aerial bombs in our backyard that could well take some of us out.

I live in the 2nd District. In fact, both Jones and Dugan are from the same township that I live in. I had never met either of them until our local caucus on March 15, and it was obvious then that they weren't our friends.

Their behavior today, arrogant and childish as it was, was not surprising. And I assure you, I let Mr. Dugan know exactly what I thought of his behavior.

A nasty email won't change much, friends. What does bring about change is replacing those who demonstrate a lack character, integrity, and justice with those who possess those qualities.

Knightskye
04-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Mr. Akin was walking up to the podium to speak and my father yelled "follow the rules!". Todd Akin I'm sure got an ear full since he was like 2 feet away.

Hahahaha. :D

Conza88
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM
ARGH! :mad:

Get someone to be a fall guy. Video, photo, audio that shit. Scout out the place before hand... make it someones roll to document the facism. :mad:

syborius
04-20-2008, 01:58 AM
If you're as furious as I am and ready to fire off a nasty email to Jones (who is a State Legislator not a Congressman) and Dugan (a wanna be), please don't without carefully weighing your words, and then sleeping on it before you hit send.

Ask yourself one question. Will your words help or hurt those of us who live in Missouri and are engaged in a pretty ugly fight to win every delegate and alternate we can to the national convention?

And remember, that's just the first step in a longer war. We live here, guys, and we're in this fight for the long-term. Please think twice before you drop aerial bombs in our backyard that could well take some of us out.

I live in the 2nd District. In fact, both Jones and Dugan are from the same township that I live in. I had never met either of them until our local caucus on March 15, and it was obvious then that they weren't our friends.

Their behavior today, arrogant and childish as it was, was not surprising. And I assure you, I let Mr. Dugan know exactly what I thought of his behavior.

A nasty email won't change much, friends. What does bring about change is replacing those who demonstrate a lack character, integrity, and justice with those who possess those qualities.

I wish you good patriots the very best in what will most likely be a long and ugly fight...Stick together and never give up. As the economy erodes more of the brainwashed will slowly drift away from this insane resolve they have now. Just remember that the longer you fight the weaker they get. Time is on our side this time.

syborius
04-20-2008, 02:12 AM
That's why we could send them lots of emails if you have a list!

what is this obsession with emails? I for one never understand you people, same goes with the petitions, enough is enough after a while, when someone breaks into your home, robs your family of their future, kidnaps your your kids, and stabs you in the back as he is walking out will you start writing emails to the very same people about the injustice? These people are traitors, treasonous bastards. They are content in completely destroying this country. They don't give a flying fuck about rules, or the law. The time for emails has long ago past.

Debbie Hopper
04-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Here's another article about todays CD 2 sham convention.

http://stlplatform.org/content/view/234/122/

Apparently Tina Hervey, spokeswoman for the Missouri Republican Party, suffers from Dorothy in Oz syndrome. She thinks if she repeats "all the rules were followed" often enough while clicking her heels, it will make it so.

sratiug
04-20-2008, 05:36 AM
Hotels at the Rep Naional Conventions were discussed in other threads. Here is info from the convention website. Maybe the rooms for our Missouri National Delegates selected in this caucus should be booked asap if anyone could afford them?

http://www.gopconvention2008.com/news/Read.aspx?ID=521

HOME FEATURES ABOUT DELEGATES BLOG NEWS & MEDIA FAQ VOLUNTEERS CONTACT US EN ESPAÑOL

HOME : NEWS & MEDIA : READ

GOP Convention Names Party Headquarters, Delegation Hotels

Monday, April 07, 2008

Saint Paul's Hilton Garden Inn to Host Minn. Delegation;
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis to Welcome Republican National Committee

(SAINT PAUL, Minn.) - (SAINT PAUL, Minn.) - With less than five months before the 2008 Republican National Convention gets underway at the Xcel Energy Center, the Committee of Arrangements (COA) today announced the host hotels for the 56 Republican delegations that will travel to Minneapolis-Saint Paul to formally nominate Sen. John McCain as the GOP's candidate for President of the United States. The GOP also announced the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis will serve as the headquarters hotel for the Republican National Committee (RNC).

As part of today's announcement, convention President and CEO Maria Cino joined MSP 2008 Host Committee CEO Jeff Larson and Republican Party of Minnesota Chairman Ron Carey at Saint Paul's Hilton Garden Inn to proclaim the hotel's selection as the official delegation hotel for the host Minnesota delegation.

"Today's announcement is an exciting and pivotal step in our preparations for the convention," Cino said. "Our partners in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul hotel community have worked diligently with our convention staff to secure accommodations for the thousands of guests who will be attending the convention, and we're grateful for their efforts.

"We want to congratulate the Hilton Garden Inn for being selected as the official hotel for the Minnesota delegation, and the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis for being selected as our Party's convention-week headquarters," Cino added. "We're confident the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, along with all the delegation hotels in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area, will serve as outstanding hosts for our visitors from across the country."

"We're looking forward to establishing our headquarters at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, as well as an exciting and successful convention in Minneapolis-Saint Paul, where we will launch Sen. John McCain to the White House," said convention Chairman and RNC Co-Chairman Jo Ann Davidson.

The convention's Delegate Services staff has reserved more than 16,000 hotel rooms in 101 area hotels. Thirty-five hotels will serve as official delegation hotels for the 56 delegations representing states, territories, and the District of Columbia. The remaining hotels will host other visitors during the convention, including media and GOP officials.

"I am thrilled the Minnesota delegation will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn during the Republican National Convention," Chairman Carey said. "As we nominate Senator McCain to be the next president of the United States, I look forward to showcasing our great state to the entire world. I am certain our delegation will have a world-class experience at the Hilton Garden Inn."

"We know that the hotel industry in the Minneapolis, Saint Paul and Bloomington area will do an amazing job hosting the delegations from around the country," said Jeff Larson, CEO of the Minneapolis Saint Paul 2008 Host Committee. "This is an excellent opportunity to roll out the red carpet and truly demonstrate what 'Minnesota Nice' is all about and we look forward to hosting the delegates, media and visitors who will be in for the convention."

Travel Technology Group, the convention's Official Housing Bureau, will assist convention guests with their travel plans. Travel Tech will manage the official convention hotel block and coordinate a paperless, online reservation system as part of the convention's effort to be more environmentally friendly.

The official delegation hotel assignments for the 2008 Republican National Convention are:

Alabama - The Marquette Hotel
Alaska - Ramada Mall of America
American Samoa - Four Points by Sheraton Minneapolis
Arizona - The Saint Paul Hotel
Arkansas - Embassy Suites Minneapolis-Airport
California - Sheraton Bloomington Hotel Minneapolis South & Sofitel Minneapolis- Bloomington
Colorado - Four Points by Sheraton Minneapolis
Connecticut - Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove Northwest Minneapolis-Arbor Lakes
Delaware - Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites - Minneapolis
District of Columbia - DoubleTree Guest Suites Minneapolis
Florida - Minneapolis Airport Marriott
Georgia - DoubleTree Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
Guam - DoubleTree Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
Hawaii - Embassy Suites Bloomington
Idaho - Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Illinois - Millennium Hotel Minneapolis
Indiana - Embassy Suites Bloomington
Iowa - La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington West
Kansas - Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Bloomington at Mall of America
Kentucky - Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Louisiana - Crowne Plaza Minneapolis North
Maine - Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Maryland - Embassy Suites St. Paul-Downtown
Massachusetts - Crowne Plaza Bloomington
Michigan - The Northland Inn
Minnesota - Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul City Center
Mississippi - Embassy Suites Minneapolis-Airport
Missouri - Ramada Minneapolis Northwest & Water Park
Montana - Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites - Minneapolis
Nebraska - Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites - Minneapolis
Nevada - The Saint Paul Hotel
New Hampshire - Hilton Minneapolis
New Jersey - Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
New Mexico - Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome
New York - Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Northern Mariana Islands - Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Bloomington at Mall of America
North Carolina - Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome
North Dakota - DoubleTree Guest Suites Minneapolis
Ohio - Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis & The Marquette Hotel
Oklahoma - Four Points by Sheraton Minneapolis
Oregon - La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington West
Pennsylvania - Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Puerto Rico - Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Rhode Island - Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South
South Carolina - Hilton Minneapolis
South Dakota - Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Tennessee - Ramada Mall of America
Texas - Crowne Plaza Hotel St. Paul-Riverfront
US Virgin Islands - Radisson University Hotel-Minneapolis
Utah - Sofitel Minneapolis - Bloomington
Vermont - Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Virginia - Radisson University Hotel-Minneapolis
Washington - Crowne Plaza Northstar Minneapolis-Downtown
West Virginia - Crowne Plaza Bloomington
Wisconsin - Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Wyoming - Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis St. Paul-Shoreview

About Travel Technology Group
Travel Tech provides the events industry with dynamic solutions in housing services and travel reservations. Serving as official provider for more than 200 events worldwide annually, Travel Tech charges itself to provide strategic, creative, and effective housing programs for each partner. Headquartered in Chicago, Travel Tech is powered by its proprietary COMPASS Reservation System and has been defining the standards of event housing since 1984. To learn more about Travel Tech, visit www.ttgonline.com.

About the 2008 Republican National Convention
The 2008 Republican National Convention will be held at Saint Paul's Xcel Energy Center from September 1-4, 2008. Approximately 45,000 delegates, alternate delegates, volunteers, members of the media and other guests are expected to attend the convention. Minneapolis-Saint Paul is expected to receive an estimated $150-$160 million positive economic boost from the four-day event. For more information about the 2008 Republican National Convention, please visit our website at www.GOPConvention2008.com.

MozoVote
04-20-2008, 06:07 AM
GOP Cracks Down On Paul Activists

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/64CF6ED868C2A80286257431000BBF84?OpenDocument

rancher89
04-20-2008, 06:39 AM

I agree Debbie, we need to take the high road on these fights, we win/gain nothing by stooping to their level. Be courteous, think carefully on your words. ......

I'd like to send an email to let them know that I expect that any patriotic, politically involved American would follow the rules set forth by the party. I want to let them know of my deep dissappointment at the behavior at the convention, and to let them know the spotlight is on them, but I won't send it today--lol, I'll wait and revise it a few times......

rancher89
04-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Hotels at the Rep Naional Conventions were discussed in other threads. Here is info from the convention website. Maybe the rooms for our Missouri National Delegates selected in this caucus should be booked asap if anyone could afford them?

New Mexico - Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome

North Carolina - Holiday Inn Minneapolis Metrodome

At least we have two delegations in this one hotel---I look forward to meeting our fellow patriots from New Mexico--one of the most beautiful states in the Union!!!

Debbie Hopper
04-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Thank you, Rancher. I really do appreciate that.

hillertexas
04-20-2008, 07:30 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/political-fix/political-fix/2008/04/akin-briefly-disenfranchised-at-2nd-district-convention/#comment-16329

great response!

ronpaulhawaii
04-20-2008, 07:36 AM
For anyone living in these two state districts i encourage you to do your part to let your friends and neighbors know we don't want people like Timothy Jones and Shamed Dogan in our state legislature. People that find it amusing and laugh while rules the party has agreed on are broken sure can't be trusted to be writing and passing legislation.

+1776 on having the folks who live there spread the word

I agree Debbie, we need to take the high road on these fights, we win/gain nothing by stooping to their level. Be courteous, think carefully on your words. ......

I'd like to send an email to let them know that I expect that any patriotic, politically involved American would follow the rules set forth by the party. I want to let them know of my deep dissappointment at the behavior at the convention, and to let them know the spotlight is on them, but I won't send it today--lol, I'll wait and revise it a few times......

+2008 on carefully wording any e-mails

Thank you, Rancher. I really do appreciate that.

Nice to see you around Ms. Hopper.

:)

bucfish
04-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Challenge them if they lose all delegates seated for National than those cannot vote McCain. I cannot wait for St. Paul. The Gop is in for a return to their principles and the True Conservative Revolution.

pepperpete1
04-20-2008, 09:03 AM
They did the exact same thing in louisiana a couple of months ago.
They basically said, we'd rather loose our delegates, to get rid of yours by intentionally breaking the rules.

The difference here is I have not seen where a formal challenge is in place. Please find a source that documents a contestment has been filed with the state Credentials Committee or else you may be surprised when you show up at the state convention and the talking heads prevail. Do not just assume someone has done it.

A Ron Paul Rebel
04-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Where is a list of the chairman and GOP fkups?
...Time to pay them a visit!!!

Feelgood
04-20-2008, 09:54 AM
I posted what I thought was the name, address and phone number of one, but got no response. Since Im not 100% certain it was correct, I had asked if any was able to verify.

MelissaWV
04-20-2008, 01:58 PM
If the challenge is won, there is no guideline stating that all RNC delegates are stripped from the state. In fact, *some* may be stripped, depending on when the violation occurs and what rules are violated. The final decision as to who gets to go to the RNC from the "oversized" pool of delegates is the state's.

I wonder which delegates would not get to go?

This will reduce the total number of delegates McCain needs to get 50%+1 (as there are fewer total delegates if some/all are stripped... so much for abstaining making as large an impact), and may also exclude some Paul delegates from the RNC altogether. Since these MO delegates signed a paper to support McCain (though they've expressed they will debate the definition of "support" and vote for Paul anyhow), their protests if excluded would likely be met with "You said you'd support McCain, so the vote is the same anyhow... you weren't... LYING to us... were you?".

Would anyone care to address that scenario?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/missouri/mo-gop-rules-and-bylaws/
RULE NO. 16
Enforcement of Rules
(In Part; please read the entire section for more information)
(a) If any state or state party violates the Rules of the Republican Party relating to the timing of the selection process resulting in the election of delegates or alternate delegates to the next national convention, such state shall suffer a loss of its delegates and alternate delegates to that national convention as follows:
(1) If a state or state party violates the Rules of the Republican Party relating to the timing of the selection process resulting in the election of delegates or alternate delegates to the national convention before the call to the national convention is issued, then the number of delegates to the national convention from that state shall be reduced by fifty percent (50%), and the corresponding alternated delegates shall also be reduced.
(e)If a state or state party is determined to be in violation:
(1) No member of the Republican National Committee from the offending state shall be permitted to serve as a delegate or alternate delegate to the national convention.
(2) After the Republican National Committee members are excluded from being part of the offending state’s delegation to the national convention, the state party shall determine which of the state’s remaining delegates (and corresponding alternate delegates) are entitled to serve as part of the state’s reduced delegation to the national convention.
(3) In addition to the penalties provided for in paragraphs (e)(1) and (2) of this rule, the Republican National Committee Standing Committee on Rules may impose additional sanctions relating to the offending state’s hotel location at the national convention, guest privileges and VIP passes at the national convention, and seating location in the national convention hall.

In addition to the potential for "ridding itself" of offensive delegates, it appears that these sanctions can be used to move Paul supporters to a less effective seating arrangement.

Again, any comments on this?

kpitcher
04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
What are the rules of the GOP for selecting a nominee if there are enough states in contention, and losing their delegates like possibly Louisiana, and they can't reach the magic number of delegates?

Suzu
04-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I posted a report on the 8th District Convention (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1410585) if anyone's interested. We had about 1/3 Ron Paul people and got one delegate and two alternate positions.

Debbie Hopper
04-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Melissa, the section of the rules you posted deal with the states who moved their primary dates up and how many delegates the state is penalized for doing so. It has no bearing on how we deal with the sham convention in CD 2.

We held a rump convention in CD 2, and as the rules require, Brent, the chairman elected at the rump convention, will file all the appropriate paper work within the time required. He's done it before as he was the Chairman of the St. Charles County caucus, so he knows what he's doing.

Regarding challenging the delegates that were elected at the sham convention, the process on that is a little murky and we'll get clarification tomorrow.

The section of the MO GOP rules that Pepperpete posted deals with challenging delegates TO the CD and State Convention. It does not address challenging delegates to the national convention that were chosen at the CD conventions.

According to MO GOP Call to Convention 2008 (http://www.mogop.org/convention/2008_call_to_convention.pdf)

All contests of district delegates and alternates to the 2008 Republican National Convention shall be determined at the State Convention pursuant to
Rule 20 of the Republican National Committee.

RNC RULE NO. 20 (http://www.gop.com/About/AboutRead.aspx?Guid=a4cc4fcb-6043-4af2-860a-41ae912a2c42)says:

Contests: Resolution by States
All contests arising in any state electing district delegates by district conventions shall be decided by its state convention or, if the state convention shall not meet prior to the national convention, then by its state committee. Only contests affecting delegates elected at large shall be presented to the Republican National Committee; provided, however, if the contest regarding a district delegate arises out of the irregular or unlawful action of the state committee or state convention, the Republican National Committee may take jurisdiction thereof and hear and determine the same under the procedures provided in Rules No. 22 and No. 23.

So we know that the challenge is decided at the state convention, but we can't find any info as to when the challenge must filed, the form it must take, what needs to be included and who to file it with.

I've search the MO GOP Standing Rules and Call to Convention, the RNC Rule 15 filing from Missouri, as well as the RNC Standing Rules and Call to Convention, and can find nothing that addresses this.

Clearly, Brent filing the convention report from the rump convention we held, in itself challenges the delegates, alternates and the elector that were chosen by the sham convention, as it forces them to decide which convention was legitimate. But I still think some of disenfranchised delegates should file a seperate challenge, so that's where we're headed.

Debbie Hopper
04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
kpitcher, there really is no magic number - a simple majority of the delegates present wins the nomination.

N13
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
They are afraid of our ideas.

Feelgood
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks Debbie. It is SO nice to see at least ONE person from the campaign here, keeping us informed on things. I for one, appreciate your input.

Conza88
04-20-2008, 08:44 PM
They are afraid of our ideas.

They are afraid of losing power. The one party system is scared shitless, or Ron Paul.

wowabunga
04-20-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm beginning to think that a "March to Branson" might be a better idea than a march to the state capitol. I'd love to be doing breakfast next to some of these neocon dinosaurs, out at night partying with them, being at their hotel later when they get back from all their fun. I'd be standing there with my flag saying "shame shame shame on YOU".

hotbrownsauce
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
wow, 2 great stories you guys posted

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/64CF6ED868C2A80286257431000BBF84?OpenDocument

I wasn't able to contest my contested alternate status, they said I was not allowed because my name was in support of Ron Paul on his website... Wow real logic there... even though they may be right didn't mean I'd not vote for McCain.
Eh what ever... I'll be seeing what happens in Branson when I go down there.

speciallyblend
04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
the sad part is its exciting to see this happen at this level,but i assure you the gop will axe every ron paul supporter at the state level.

walter
04-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I really wish Ron Paul would switch over to the Constitution Party, as I know we could continue campaigning for him and I believe he would stand a better chance winning. I have listened closely every time I hear him speak of whether or not he will run other than republican

Ron Paul is a Republican Congressman, he can not now join a different party, Constitutional or Libertarian, to run third party, that is not allowed, so keep fighting in the Republican Party! Something good WILL happen! The good guy always wins in the end! Something unexpected and good will happen if we don't give up!

Soccrmastr
04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
keep up the good fight guys

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Like I said earlier, these requests were never fulfilled.

This is my letter to the editor.

Dear Editor,

I am 23 years old and this was my first time taking place in any type of caucus process. And today I went to the 2nd Congressional District meeting in the cafeteria of Kirkwood High School after previously being accepted as an alternate delegate. I thought I found my home in the Missouri GOP party because for the most part it is everything I believe in , less taxes, no board of education, less big government, etc,. And on April 19th at 10:40am - 11:05am I found out along with about 50 others that our Delegate / Alternate status was challenged. After a late start a man stood up to the podium and said he was the temporary chairman and soon started reading off why approximately 50 people were being kicked off their Delegate / Alternate status. Many of us had copies of "Roberts Rules of Order" that the meeting must follow. Several times motions were ignored that did not follow Roberts Rules. Several attempts were made by several people to motion such things as "point of order", "object to consideration", and "division of the assembly" . "The Chairman is out of order!" many shouted and also seconded toward the end of the meeting. During the speech they said we must wait till the end of the speech to make motions. So we waited for the end and made motions only to be shut up once again and ignored. They even took a vote to adopt kicking off the contested people from the delegate slate. The vote was very close and no count was ever taken even after stating "division of the assembly" which means an actually tally must be taken. Never once did they respond to any motions made other than to shut us up. It was planned from the beginning to be a shamble. Totally railroading everyone and turning off many republicans including my Father who has been a republican since 1972. We were ignored to the fullest with out a doubt. They didn't want us there. Many of us plan to fight back. I just want the Missourians to know how the Republicans are resorting to dirty tactics to cheat us out of our votes. This makes me wonder if I really do support the republicans.

We however did make a motion to adjourn on the biases that the chairman was out of order and the meeting was unlawful. We all said "ya" and left the room and convened in the hallway. There we had a proper meeting and decided to send our own slate of delegates to Branson for the next step. All of us will be going to Branson with our testimonies to show why the other convention was unlawful.

Sincerely,

I am told by Derdy there will be a report about this tomorrow in the post dispatch because a reporter was present.

Did you send your letter yet? I've had a number of articles published in newspapers and there's a trick to it. I'd be happy to edit it for you if you want. They're going to edit it to pieces anyway.

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 12:06 AM
That's pretty f'd up.

Just to play devil's advocate, can't a political party run their organization anyway they see fit? I.e. don't they make their own rules?

Someone mentioned state statutes -- is there really a legal aspect to it?

leonster
04-25-2008, 02:50 AM
Just to play devil's advocate, can't a political party run their organization anyway they see fit? I.e. don't they make their own rules?

But wouldn't the rules form a certain sort of "contract"? I mean, even ignoring election laws etc... seems that rules make a "contract."

I mean... a store can (in theory anyways) run their business however they want, but they can't change things once they state them... it's kinda a what, unspoken contract? They can't post an item for $10, then silently charge your credit card $30, for example. Why? Because they posted it as $10. If there was never a posted price, just a $30 charge at the counter--that would be legal, although 99% of people would ask the price first.

Same with a group, I would think. If there are no posted rules, anything goes (pretty much). If they have rules though, they need to either follow them or change them in the manner stated in the rules.

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
But wouldn't the rules form a certain sort of "contract"? I mean, even ignoring election laws etc... seems that rules make a "contract."

I mean... a store can (in theory anyways) run their business however they want, but they can't change things once they state them... it's kinda a what, unspoken contract? They can't post an item for $10, then silently charge your credit card $30, for example. Why? Because they posted it as $10. If there was never a posted price, just a $30 charge at the counter--that would be legal, although 99% of people would ask the price first.

Same with a group, I would think. If there are no posted rules, anything goes (pretty much). If they have rules though, they need to either follow them or change them in the manner stated in the rules.

Well, first of all, I would never belong to a group that would have me as a member. :o

But seriously, I don't think joining a group is considered a contract. It's more of a voluntary act of participation, because you can quit any time. And in your example of a purchase, money changes hands at an agreed price, so if they charged your credit card more than what is agreed, it would be fraud or theft.

But I'm not an attorney, therefore I make no representation as to validity of the previous claim, and will not be held liable for any damages arising from application of said claims to any legal arrangement spoken or unspoken.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM

Yes. To all questions.

In order to be an official party organization, each organization needs to file a Plan Of Organization with the State Party. This needs to follow the State Plan, or can stray with the votes of members (ANY registered Republicans living in the area the organization covers).

Along with the Plan of Organization, Permanent Rules need to be drawn up. There are committees which create and CAN amend these rules in committee, BUT these rules need to be RATIFIED by the delegates at Convention, after a period of debate.

If rules are not followed, the convention is illegal under the rules of the party--then state laws get involved.

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Here's another article about todays CD 2 sham convention.

Apparently Tina Hervey, spokeswoman for the Missouri Republican Party, suffers from Dorothy in Oz syndrome. She thinks if she repeats "all the rules were followed" often enough while clicking her heels, it will make it so.

Awesome quote Debbie. My hat is off to all involved. This should be a model for future grass roots activities. You followed the rules, took the high road, and exposed the defenders of the status quo as frauds and weasels.

The article was remarkably fair and balanced (oops, sorry), though I assume the MSM would apply its usual filters to the story.

All in all, I am angry at the GOP but very inspired by your actions.

TruthAtLast
04-25-2008, 09:08 AM
wow...

They hire off duty police officers to "keep the peace". Couldn't we do the same. :D

TruthAtLast
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
One district he said the contest was filed too late. Second was that people didn't know who they were voting for I think? and the third was that some of our names were on Ron Paul's website (My name was included).

I didn't know you could be disqualified because your names were on a website (a Republican Presidential Candidate's website).

leonster
04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, first of all, I would never belong to a group that would have me as a member. :o

But seriously, I don't think joining a group is considered a contract. It's more of a voluntary act of participation, because you can quit any time. And in your example of a purchase, money changes hands at an agreed price, so if they charged your credit card more than what is agreed, it would be fraud or theft.

But I'm not an attorney, therefore I make no representation as to validity of the previous claim, and will not be held liable for any damages arising from application of said claims to any legal arrangement spoken or unspoken.

But you as an individual member of the group... and the group itself (which is a separate entity, much like a corporation is a legal entity?)... are two different things.

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 10:10 AM
But you as an individual member of the group... and the group itself (which is a separate entity, much like a corporation is a legal entity?)... are two different things.

My guess is that the GOP bylaws are worded in such a way as to prevent any legal challenge by a member of the group.

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes. To all questions.

In order to be an official party organization, each organization needs to file a Plan Of Organization with the State Party. This needs to follow the State Plan, or can stray with the votes of members (ANY registered Republicans living in the area the organization covers).

Along with the Plan of Organization, Permanent Rules need to be drawn up. There are committees which create and CAN amend these rules in committee, BUT these rules need to be RATIFIED by the delegates at Convention, after a period of debate.

If rules are not followed, the convention is illegal under the rules of the party--then state laws get involved.

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it was silly of me to think that any organization was free from some sort of state control.

Not that I'm an anarchist or anything...

scotto2008
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM

We need storm troopers. Just kidding. I think.

mczerone
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM

we need to remember that while the GOP is a private entity, it produces a product for consumption for the general populace: elected officials.

Its like a Privately owned Public Utility, and thus must be held to the strictest standards in regulation and oversight by the people. And no matter the internal structure of the corporation owning a Public Utility, there must be record keeping, fair hiring and promoting practices, and hearings and meetings must be open to the public.

Just some ideas to bring to the argument, so that we can live with our 'laissez-fare' ideologies, but bring the (private) political parties under some kind of oversight to end this horrible power-drunk corruption of the entire system.

hawks4ronpaul
04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
wow, 2 great stories you guys posted

I wasn't able to contest my contested alternate status, they said I was not allowed because my name was in support of Ron Paul on his website... Wow real logic there... even though they may be right didn't mean I'd not vote for McCain.
Eh what ever... I'll be seeing what happens in Branson when I go down there.

Did they disqualify every delegate who appears on pro-Romney/Huckabee/etc. sites?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

hotbrownsauce
05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
******************* The latest update

*edit for privacy*

pepperpete1
05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks hotbrownsauce for the update. And thank God that there are people there that are on top of it and challenging them! If you do not receive the answers you need from the MOGOP you can take it to the national committee.

crazyfacedjenkins
05-01-2008, 11:00 PM
So why didn't you use your "right" to bear arms and take back the fraud of a democracy we love so dearly?

nate895
05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey, if they don't seat the delegates, make sure you have enough people for a RUMP.

hotbrownsauce
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
*edit*
I'll update you later privacy reasons.

acroso
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
We should just bog them down in legal battles for no other reason than to annoy them since they're clearly cheating