PDA

View Full Version : Caught the DoD trying to surveil my internet activity

RonPaulFever
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Fuck, I'm probably on some kind of watch list.....

Anyone who isn't using PeerGuardian 2 needs to download it immediately.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7761/66616993ro4.jpg

ClayTrainor
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
man... the american government is seriously insecure eh?

is there anything like this for vista?

Kludge
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
o.O Hmmm...

Edit: Just updated PG2.... Thanks for the alert

4Horsemen
04-19-2008, 11:52 AM
They don't have one for windows vista, any other options?

Kludge
04-19-2008, 11:57 AM
*smirks* It blocked my UDP port when I was poking around Wonkette

Kotin
04-19-2008, 12:05 PM
thanks!

this program is great! really appreciate the find.

does it hide my ip ?

mdh
04-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Anyone who isn't using PeerGuardian 2 needs to download it immediately.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7761/66616993ro4.jpg

LOL!

Seriously, please google "clue" at some point today.

RonPaulFever
04-19-2008, 12:12 PM
LOL!

Seriously, please google "clue" at some point today.

Care to elaborate?

mdh
04-19-2008, 12:12 PM
thanks!

this program is great! really appreciate the find.

does it hide my ip ?

No it does not hide your IP. The only way to hide your source IP address is to use a proxy, but even then you're only hiding the source from the destination - the proxy itself still has your source. If you want decent anonymity online, check out Tor - http://www.torproject.org/ - but read the docs fully and don't expect to be anonymous while browsing the web if you still allow things like Flash, Java, and Javascript to run on your browser.

Kotin
04-19-2008, 12:14 PM
No it does not hide your IP. The only way to hide your source IP address is to use a proxy, but even then you're only hiding the source from the destination - the proxy itself still has your source. If you want decent anonymity online, check out Tor - http://www.torproject.org/ - but read the docs fully and don't expect to be anonymous while browsing the web if you still allow things like Flash, Java, and Javascript to run on your browser.

cool, thanks alot.

mdh
04-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Care to elaborate?

OK, OK, maybe I'm being overly harsh. Let's do a little tracking here. What operating system are you running? If it's Vista, this is likely normal - see:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/08/AR2007010801352.html
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/01/nsa_helps_micro_1.html
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/12/dual_ec_drbg_ad.html

In this case, it'd be likely that your system would be connecting outbound to an NSA host in order to feed it data such as the contents of your hard drive. It's also possible that you've installed something on your computer that included such code.

If not, chances are good that either you connected to them first (for example, many people use the US Naval Observatory's public clock systems for time synchronization, and plenty of programs exist for windows kiddies that do this in the background), or it's simply a compromised host port scanning to try and add to its botnet (much more likely - see Chinese address below it lol). I don't know what this program you're screen capping does exactly, but if you were being passively monitored by a system like TIA, your system would not know about it. That system would simply be monitoring packets upstream from you, not connecting to your host system.

NEPA_Revolution
04-19-2008, 12:55 PM
That scares me. Lets kill the Patriot Act ASAP.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-19-2008, 01:18 PM

I thought they were sucking up information at the backbones. So, if they were looking for you specifically, they'd just filter it out of that.

I've went through periods where I wanted some digital privacy, but I've never gotten one single person (including privacy minded individuals) to use pgp.

Besides... if they can't filter your information through major isps, they'll probably just sneak and peek you and install whatever they like on your machines. Probably better that they suck up my digital data wholesale instead of also coming in my house and playing with my wife's underwear too.

If you really want to go through the trouble, you should look into what file sharers use to hide themselves. I'm not an expert, but I think you want to look into "vps tunneling," probably in countries more interested in your privacy than america is.

CurtisLow
04-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I was told PGP encryption / Web Anonymizers was the best deal out. What do you think Mdh?

mdh
04-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I thought they were sucking up information at the backbones. So, if they were looking for you specifically, they'd just filter it out of that.

I've went through periods where I wanted some digital privacy, but I've never gotten one single person (including privacy minded individuals) to use pgp.

Besides... if they can't filter your information through major isps, they'll probably just sneak and peek you and install whatever they like on your machines. Probably better that they suck up my digital data wholesale instead of also coming in my house and playing with my wife's underwear too.

If you really want to go through the trouble, you should look into what file sharers use to hide themselves. I'm not an expert, but I think you want to look into "vps tunneling," probably in countries more interested in your privacy than america is.

You probably mean VPN tunneling. A VPN can create a layer 3 encrypted route between two hosts, so, for example, you could lease a system in whatever country you wanted and set your default route to VPN there (I use OpenVPN, but I don't defaultroute over it at all, that seems kind of silly). The traffic will still pop normally out of that host, though. As I said before, Tor is worth checking into if you're really concerned about anonymity. Again, READ ALL OF THE DOCS before you expect it to work properly for you. You can't just throw it up and expect it to do all of the work for you. Any software that says otherwise is lying.

slamhead
04-19-2008, 01:29 PM
That IP belongs to mef-emh.214451-109.usmc.mil

Marine Exhibitionary Force. I don't know what "emh" stands for.

Yom
04-19-2008, 01:29 PM
It gives a list of things to block on first startup, but I'm not sure that any are really worth it. Any suggestions?

mdh
04-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I was told PGP encryption / Web Anonymizers was the best deal out. What do you think Mdh?

PGP (and gpg, which is a similar free/open source app) implement several asymmetric encryption algorithms. These are useful for communicating with individuals - for example, let's say I give you my public key, and you give me yours. I can encrypt a message to you with your public key, and only someone with your private key can then decrypt that message. This is how asymmetric cryptography works - there's a key pair, where one key is used to encrypt and the other must be used to decrypt. Likewise, you could encrypt a message to me with my public key, and only I'd be able to decrypt it because only I can access my private key. This sort of system is only as secure as your private key is, of course! Most sensible folks encrypt their private keys using a symmetric algorithm. A symmetric algorithm is one which uses the SAME key for both encryption and decryption. Some examples of these are AES/Rijndael, Camellia, Blowfish, RC4, and DES. Currently, the only symmetric algorithms I would recommend are AES/Rijndael, Camellia (which is similar to AES, so if you're layering, don't layer AES and Camellia together, as you will lose a lot of the value of layering crypto), Blowfish, and Twofish. DES should be avoided like the plague, and pretty much all of the others are either notably weak/broken (DES is in wide use by governments, idiots, and idiot software vendors despite having major flaws, for example - caveat emptor) or have not received enough scrutiny from the community to be trustworthy.

Most software calling itself a "web anonymizer" is crap. Most use a single proxy, sometimes one which actually knows who you are and hence is subject to being hit with a national security letter or subpoena - NOTE: this is even more dangerous in Europe with EU data retention laws!!! - or worse, use some random proxy from a list of open proxies, which may be seeded by malicious third parties (or governments) who'd steal your data, MITM (man in the middle attack) you, etc. Whenever you use a proxy, even an onion routing proxy like Tor, you open yourself up to real danger. For example, someone ran a MITM exit node on the Tor network last year for a short time before being discovered and banned, which advertised port 22 exits and grabbed private keys and passwords for peoples' SSH sessions (see: tormentor exit node). Most "web anonymizers" don't even encrypt the data to and from the proxy host, they just hit an HTTP or Socks proxy. Some use Socks4 which allows for DNS query-around-the-side leaks, basically abandoning any real anonymity while giving you a false sense of safety.

Wikipedia has a good cryptography portal. Check it out. The Tor documentation at www.torproject.org is worth a read, too, even if you're not using Tor. The Tor documentation is up-front about the inherent problems in such a system that only a competent user can circumnavigate by knowing what they are doing and how it works. Most "web anonymizer" products will not be. I can attest to Tor being of a good design. The folks involved are well respected members of the community and their designs have received signifigant scrutiny.

mdh
04-19-2008, 01:45 PM
That IP belongs to mef-emh.214451-109.usmc.mil

Marine Exhibitionary Force. I don't know what "emh" stands for.

(mdh@vesper) [~/Proj/NGCast]: nslookup 215.45.1.109
Server: 192.168.1.1
Address: 192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find 109.1.45.215.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN

Where did you get that hostname from?

To the OP, It may be worthwhile to notify an admin at USMC, chances are it's a compromised host and they'd appreciate knowing about it so that they could clean it.

gerryb
04-19-2008, 02:00 PM

tor is the worst thing you can do. The NSA and foreign government intelligence agencies control a significant portion of the exit nodes. here's a short article as an example of what that means

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Phishing-attacks-on-Tor-anonymisation-network--/news/95778

Jason726
04-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm not computer savvy enough to know what te heck you guys are talking about, but. needless to say, this is quite disturbing.

mdh
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
tor is the worst thing you can do. The NSA and foreign government intelligence agencies control a significant portion of the exit nodes. here's a short article as an example of what that means

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Phishing-attacks-on-Tor-anonymisation-network--/news/95778

Your statement is not only incorrect, it's downright silly in that you seem to only be trying to create FUD. To quote the article you link...

In the Tor documentation, Tor users are informed repeatedly that they must secure “the last mile” to the target server themselves through a suitable end-to-end encryption mechanism (e.g., SSL, TLS or HTTPS).

If you pay attention, I've been saying all along to read the Tor documentation fully. This is one of the reasons why.

Now I'm going to make a statement: There is no better low or no cost method to anonymize your internet connectivity than Tor.

Feel free to try and refute that, until then, I ask that you please refrain from nonsensical blanket statements like that Tor is "the worst" thing you can do, and otherwise creating FUD.

IChooseLiberty
04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Your statement is not only incorrect, it's downright silly in that you seem to only be trying to create FUD. To quote the article you link...

If you pay attention, I've been saying all along to read the Tor documentation fully. This is one of the reasons why.

Now I'm going to make a statement: There is no better low or no cost method to anonymize your internet connectivity than Tor.

Feel free to try and refute that, until then, I ask that you please refrain from nonsensical blanket statements like that Tor is "the worst" thing you can do, and otherwise creating FUD.

http://www.mattanderton.com/nasioc/teh_funnay/hly_sht_cat.JPG

ValidusCustodiae
04-19-2008, 02:17 PM
How do I get it to tell me the name of the IP like it does on yours? mine just spits out IP's constantly ... dunno how to use... but would like to

mdh
04-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Let me explain how Tor works to give everyone a better picture.

Your Tor service on your local system listens for connections from your web browser or other internet software which is configured to connect to it as a proxy, rather than directly to remote servers. The Tor service either has a "circuit" created, or it creates one - a circuit is used for ten minutes, then discarded and a new circuit is created. The circuit consists of several hosts - the entry node, which is your computer, some relay nodes, and an exit node. The 3 relay nodes have no idea where they are in the chain, they only know "I'm getting encrypted packets from X and passing them to Y." Your entry node has encrypted these packets in a way that only the exit node can decrypt them, so the relay nodes don't know the source of the connection, the destination of the connection, or the content of the connection. Only the entry node knows the source of the connection - and it only knows that because it is the source of the connection. The exit node, likewise, must know the destination, but it does not know the source. The exit node will decrypt the packets sent by the last relay node, and then send them on to their destination - the internet host you are connecting to, for example www.google.com. What www.google.com sees is a connection from the exit node's IP address. It has no way to know your source IP address unless something in the data that your computer sends tells it what that is (for example, if you allow it to run javascript, it could convince your computer via javascript to tell it what your real ip address is, making Tor virtually useless.)

Now, if the client application - for example, your web browser - sends unencrypted data, the entry node will encrypt it and the exit node will decrypt it. The destination server, like www.google.com, would not be able to deal with the encrypted data, but it is encrypted in transit between the entry node and the exit node so that the relay nodes cannot read it, nor can any routing devices between any of them. Most connections - say, a normal web browser going straight to www.google.com without Tor or any other proxies - are completely unencrypted. Tor is adding an additional layer of encryption for you to protect you from relay nodes, but the exit node still has to be able to decrypt the data, and does so. In this way, Tor is giving you extra security.

What if you're sending personal details, though? Obviously, Tor alone isn't enough, as the exit node or any routing devices between the exit node and the destination server can see the unencrypted details and possibly use them to determine who you are! In these cases, you must use a secure protocol such as SSL - one which allows you to authenticate that the remote host which Tor has given you a tunnel to is actually the host you want to connect to and that the data is encrypted all of the way. Tor's encryption of the in-transit data is independent of an SSL connection. It is basically just encrypting what is already encrypted data, and then decrypting that layer only - it wouldn't be able to decrypt the actual SSL session unless you were victim of a MITM attack. We'll talk more about those in a bit. So at this point, you've found a way to trust the server at the other end - an X.509 structure like SSL certificate chains, or SSH host keys - and you're sending your data encrypted to it and receiving encrypted data from it. In this case, no Tor node, not even the exit node, can tell anything about that data. All they see are encrypted data. You get to where you want to be - the exit node knows only a destination IP address, not a source, and the destination host knows only the address of the exit node, not of your real host.

Now, MITM attacks. Much care has been taken by the cryptographic community to find ways to mitigate these. The primary one in use today is chains of trust by way of X.509 structures. You likely know of these as SSL certificates, signed by "certification authorities." When you have a CA installed in your system or any software thereon, you implicitly certify that you trust that authority not to certify or grant a certificate to any site that it is not sure is valid - for example, only I as the rightful owner of solitox.net should be able to get a certificate signed for a solitox.net site. Otherwise, someone could MITM clients trying to connect to solitox.net. This is an inherent problem in Tor only because it's an inherent problem in trust relationships in general as they pertain to networked systems. What can you do as an individual with security on your mind? Check that you only trust trustworthy certification authorities, and beware of certificates signed by authorities you do not trust. Never send private data over an unencrypted/unauthenticated public network. Use common sense, and learn what your computer is doing and why.

mdh
04-19-2008, 02:28 PM
How do I get it to tell me the name of the IP like it does on yours? mine just spits out IP's constantly ... dunno how to use... but would like to

I couldn't find a PTR record in the DNS for that usmc.mil address... hence my asking where he got that hostname from. :confused:

FrankRep
04-19-2008, 05:20 PM
OK, OK, maybe I'm being overly harsh. Let's do a little tracking here. What operating system are you running? If it's Vista, this is likely normal - see:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/08/AR2007010801352.html
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/01/nsa_helps_micro_1.html
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/12/dual_ec_drbg_ad.html

In this case, it'd be likely that your system would be connecting outbound to an NSA host in order to feed it data such as the contents of your hard drive. It's also possible that you've installed something on your computer that included such code.

If not, chances are good that either you connected to them first (for example, many people use the US Naval Observatory's public clock systems for time synchronization, and plenty of programs exist for windows kiddies that do this in the background), or it's simply a compromised host port scanning to try and add to its botnet (much more likely - see Chinese address below it lol). I don't know what this program you're screen capping does exactly, but if you were being passively monitored by a system like TIA, your system would not know about it. That system would simply be monitoring packets upstream from you, not connecting to your host system.

Freedom Lovers use Linux!

kigol
04-19-2008, 05:33 PM
get your tin foil hats on.

revolutionman
04-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Fuck that! This is America, I ain't breaking any laws, so if they wanna fuck with me for no reason, let them come, I'm not gonna run, duck and hide, for no goddamn reason. I'm well within my rights, they are the ones doing wrong and before long they will be the ones with their tails between their legs.

When the bottom drops out only their necks and a length of rope will keep those treasonous bastards from hitting the floor.

Kludge
04-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Fuck that! This is America, I ain't breaking any laws, so if they wanna fuck with me for no reason, let them come, I'm not gonna run, duck and hide, for no goddamn reason. I'm well within my rights, they are the ones doing wrong and before long they will be the ones with their tails between their legs.

When the bottom drops out only their necks and a length of rope will keep those treasonous bastards from hitting the floor.

Ahhh... I thought you were going sober? ;)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
You probably mean VPN tunneling. A VPN can create a layer 3 encrypted route between two hosts, so, for example, you could lease a system in whatever country you wanted and set your default route to VPN there (I use OpenVPN, but I don't defaultroute over it at all, that seems kind of silly). The traffic will still pop normally out of that host, though. As I said before, Tor is worth checking into if you're really concerned about anonymity. Again, READ ALL OF THE DOCS before you expect it to work properly for you. You can't just throw it up and expect it to do all of the work for you. Any software that says otherwise is lying.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks. I'm definitely an amateur in this area.

You probably mean VPN tunneling.

The traffic will still pop normally out of that host, though.

What do you mean by that? DOJ computer rooms at major ISPs get the same info regardless? Wouldn't it be the same with tor?

I'm passively interested in these things in the same way that I wish everyone would exercise their rights and not consent to searches when police try to be tricky. There's no reason for officials to try to be tricky if their job is to protect us. We're not supposed to have to think long and hard or be experts at anything when all we want is a basic level of respect from our government... the same level of respect we'd expect and receive from any normal citizen. If my neighbors were peeking in my windows, there's a legal remedy for it.

PaulineDisciple
04-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, this site is probably being monitored and you have just revealed most if not all of your privacy secrets.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, this site is probably being monitored and you have just revealed most if not all of your privacy secrets.

They aren't secrets, by any stretch of the imagination.

Fuck that! This is America, I ain't breaking any laws, so if they wanna fuck with me for no reason, let them come, I'm not gonna run, duck and hide, for no goddamn reason.

So, you probably don't have curtains in your windows? Do you invite police to strip search you every time you see one? Hell, you should actually go ahead and build one of those glass houses I hear about all of the time.

This isn't about whether anyone is doing anything wrong or whether anyone has anything to hide. People in general don't feel comfortable when they're being spied on, just like they don't feel confortable when they're in a cage.

If a neighbor were reading all of my emails, I'd have a problem with it. Does it mean I'm out to get them? Of course not. I'm not out to get anyone and I'm not breaking any laws, and I'd still prefer neighbors aren't giving me the uncomfortable feeling I get when people are invading my space. Why should a big bunch of nameless faceless neighbors called "government" get that special privilege?

mdh
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM

I haven't revealed any secrets here. In fact, I would encourage federal employees with TS SCI and higher clearances to look into these technologies as well, so that they can feel more unencumbered while doing research and such on the internet. I would also encourage them to take their duty to secrecy seriously unless there were illegal activities occuring, or there was eminent threat of harm to innocent persons.

The notion that someone is "afraid of something" just because they believe in the importance of privacy is a retarded one. Everyone should take logical steps to protect their privacy regardless of for what reasons.

Besides, all of the "secrets" of Tor are in plain site anyway - by which I mean the .onion hidden services which contain a wealth of content only available via Tor. This is a whole other topic though, which you can read the www.torproject.org docs if you're interested in, but basically, a hidden service is an anonymized server. :)

What do you mean by that? DOJ computer rooms at major ISPs get the same info regardless? Wouldn't it be the same with tor?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. Tor provides anonymity to the destination and amongst onion routing nodes, and encryption from the entry point to the exit point of the onion routing network. A VPN providers point-to-point encryption. They're two very different technologies.

I'm passively interested in these things in the same way that I wish everyone would exercise their rights and not consent to searches when police try to be tricky. There's no reason for officials to try to be tricky if their job is to protect us. We're not supposed to have to think long and hard or be experts at anything when all we want is a basic level of respect from our government... the same level of respect we'd expect and receive from any normal citizen. If my neighbors were peeking in my windows, there's a legal remedy for it.

Cowlesy
04-19-2008, 07:02 PM
*blink*

All I know is, I follow my firm's unsaid policy about internet communications.

If you wouldn't want it printed in the Wall Street Journal, don't type it.

IPSecure
04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Freedom Lovers use Linux!

AmigaDOS !!!

mdh
04-19-2008, 07:15 PM
AmigaDOS !!!

OK, I'll keep this going.

FreeBSD.

Now, imagine a long rant about how the BSD license is way more libertarian than the GPL due to the viral nature of the GPL and the extra-special-ultra-overcomplication of the GPLv3. :)

There.

mdh
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM
*blink*

All I know is, I follow my firm's unsaid policy about internet communications.

If you wouldn't want it printed in the Wall Street Journal, don't type it.

You need to subscribe to my theory of internet communications... "If you do want it printed in the wall street journal, make it look like your target typed it."

Kludge
04-19-2008, 07:32 PM
OK, I'll keep this going.

FreeBSD.

Now, imagine a long rant about how the BSD license is way more libertarian than the GPL due to the viral nature of the GPL and the extra-special-ultra-overcomplication of the GPLv3. :)

There.

I only access the internet thru my PocketPC (LinuxOS) with WiFi I pick up from a nearby University. The device's name is Barack Obama's Sex Pix.

Bwahahaha!

mdh
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I only access the internet thru my PocketPC (LinuxOS) with WiFi I pick up from a nearby University. The device's name is Barack Obama's Sex Pix.

Bwahahaha!

There are some whacky SSID's flying around my neighborhood. "Tittys" is one, which is noteworthy for the spelling error alone.

Hook
04-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Speaking of encryption, everyone should go to www.truecrypt.org and use it to encrypt their entire hard drives. This can be very useful for people with laptops. If your laptop ever gets stolen, your sensitive info can't be recovered. (Well can't be recovered without millions of dollars of specialized hardware and a few years of time)

It also has a "plausible deniability" system where a totally encrypted volume is stored in the free space of your system volume. That way, spooks can't even tell that you have an encrypted volume. Useful for border crossings and TSA snoops that make you log in and let them look around.

It is all open-source and free and supports AES, twofish, and Serpent encryption, or any combination thereof for the truly paranoid.

Joseph Hart
04-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Ive said this several times. PEER GUARDIAN!!!!! ITS FREE, ITLL BLOCK TRACKERS INCLUDING THOSE MENTION IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132591

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-20-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. Tor provides anonymity to the destination and amongst onion routing nodes, and encryption from the entry point to the exit point of the onion routing network. A VPN providers point-to-point encryption. They're two very different technologies.

Yeah... that kind of answered my question. Tor will keep a destination server from identifying you, but it doesn't provide much privacy from government snooping. Since the traffic is not encrypted between you and the first tor server, it's still potentially getting intercepted. So, you could visit a server and post on a message board or something without the logs identifying you, but whatever you're posting is still probably being data mined.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3833172&page=1

With an encrypted vpn tunnel, the data's encrypted between you and the next server so it can't be mined at the ISP. (maybe it can, I'm not really sure how good the encryption is, but at least not easily.) I guess that might make someone a target in their eyes just like not consenting to a search will make a cop unhappy. I dunno, but I figure it like this much of the time... Rights - use them or lose them.

Conza88
04-20-2008, 05:52 AM
get your tin foil hats on.

http://www.lattimore.id.au/images/tinfoil-computer-2.jpg

How am I doing? :D

Conza88
10-07-2008, 10:45 PM
bump

hotbrownsauce
10-08-2008, 01:50 AM
check out HIDE IP it hides your IP only while your surfing the internet. Your computer sends requests to the HIDE IP server and that server sends a request separate from yours and as that server downloads the web page it sends it to you. So you do not ever connect to any website personally. However an increase in load time is expected. All your IP information on HIDE IP servers isn't stored so there is no trace to you.

EXAMPLE

1.) <(YOU)> === I want to go to www.ronpaulforums.com
2.) Type in the web address in a HIDE IP supported web browser then hit enter.
3.) Your computer does not actually go to the destination website www.ronpaulforums.com, instead the HIDE IP program routes any website inquery to their servers.
4.) Their servers download the website you want to see and sends it to you.
5.) Thus you never lay one part of your IP information to any website or server other than the HIDE IP servers. And their information on you is not stored.