PDA

View Full Version : competition...better?

JosephTheLibertarian
04-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Do you think that more competition of government in the world is always better? Or does it mean more war? I think the competition is better, but I think there's always greater chances of conflict. What do you think? I think it's better though.

FrankRep
04-19-2008, 07:38 AM
What type of competition?

JosephTheLibertarian
04-19-2008, 07:51 AM
What type of competition?

of government ;)

FrankRep
04-19-2008, 08:23 AM
of government ;)

Competition in better Goods and Services .... Good

Competition in advanced weaponry .... Bad

Competition in global influence/domination .... Bad

Competition in citizen's quality of life .... Good

Competition in stronger economies .... Good

Competition in promoting love and peace .... Good

JosephTheLibertarian
04-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Competition in better Goods and Services .... Good

Competition in advanced weaponry .... Bad

Competition in global influence/domination .... Bad

Competition in citizen's quality of life .... Good

Competition in stronger economies .... Good

Competition in promoting love and peace .... Good

competition in governments? I'm not talking about anarcho-capitalism here I'm asking if MORE governments in the world is a good thing? Does it mean that the governments will be smaller and more representative of their constituencies? Or does it mean more conflict and war?

FrankRep
04-19-2008, 09:00 AM
competition in governments? I'm not talking about anarcho-capitalism here I'm asking if MORE governments in the world is a good thing? Does it mean that the governments will be smaller and more representative of their constituencies? Or does it mean more conflict and war?

I think more governments will lead to more war. Many conflicts on interests will happen and each government will try to expand and dominate each other.

Kludge
04-19-2008, 09:05 AM
I think competitive government is a great idea, so long as citizenship is voluntary and governments can't commit aggression on other governments or their (the citizens of other gov'ts) citizens.

I think this could evolve nicely into a tiered system, with local gov'ts, state gov'ts and maybe they could all voluntarily convene at a national... convention.

However, without a compulsory gov't, I still consider this anarchism.

I also doubt it's effectiveness on a large scale. I think it'd have to prove itself effective on - oh... say.... - an island first, as an experiment - before it can be considered seriously.

pcosmar
04-19-2008, 09:07 AM

What do you mean by "more"?
There are only a two.

Individualism v Collectivism

Most of the sub-definitions fall under Collectivism.

Or do you mean different countries? There is a plan to create a One World Government, but that is a Collectivist agenda.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-19-2008, 09:24 AM
What do you mean by "more"?
There are only a two.

Individualism v Collectivism

Most of the sub-definitions fall under Collectivism.

Or do you mean different countries? There is a plan to create a One World Government, but that is a Collectivist agenda.

more countries. better or worse?