PDA

View Full Version : Ensuring Ron Paul Speaks at the Convention

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know the specific requirements (if there are any) that would ensure Ron Paul a speaking place at the National Convention's podium? It's my understanding that he is all but guaranteed a good speaking spot, one likely to be broadcast on national television, if he meets certain requirements. I've heard from some sources that he needs to just stay in the race, and he automatically qualifies for a speech. I've heard from others, however, that he actually needs a certain number of delegates locked in beforehand.

What do we need to do to make sure Ron Paul gets his opportunity to blow everyone out of the water with his words of wisdom?

And, knowing the GOP establishment, they will probably try to pull something to squelch any broadcast if he does make it. Is there anything we can do to help make sure the good doctor's words get out at this event?

nate895
04-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Unofficially it is winning 5,000 votes in a primary, officially it is if you are nominated to be no the Presidential nominee "ballot."

nate895
04-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh yeah, I want Ron Paul to go there and make a speech for the ages to explain just how the neocons have conned the rank and file out of their liberties, one by one.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Unofficially it is winning 5,000 votes in a primary, officially it is if you are nominated to be no the Presidential nominee "ballot."

Then I take it Ron Paul meets these requirements, yes?

If so, then our main task should be doing all we can to enforce their own rules (which they are loathe to follow) and hopefully see our man give rousing oratory to the delegates and the nation on TV.

No1ButPaul08
04-18-2008, 11:34 PM

Can you provide a source for this?

nate895
04-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Can you provide a source for this?

First one I read on the website months back (one candidate was running to just get the votes to speak at the convention) and they have never denyed someone with the proper amount of states delegations the right to speak (Pat Buchanan didn't get enough states for 5 in '96).