PDA

View Full Version : MO GOP Up To Last Minute Bull**** Night Before the Convention

derdy
04-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Hello,

So we were having our conference call tonight and talking about our strategies etc.

Just to bring everyone up to speed on the goings-on in MO, the State GOP has issued blanket challenges to any delegates from caucuses in which Ron Paul supporters did well, sometimes challenging their own by mistake (or by design?).

We noticed tonight that they CHANGED THEIR OFFICIAL AGENDA!!

Since I can't send you all the original agenda that had been up on the site since at least 2/29/08, I'll link you to the Caucus Agenda since the procedures are identical to the Original Convention Agenda save a few minor details:

http://www.mogop.org/convention/2008_local_caucus_form.pdf

Now, look at the NEW Convention Agenda and look how they flipped everything around; the Chairman and Secretary are the 6th and 5th to last orders of business respectively:

http://www.mogop.org/convention/2008_congressional_convention_form.pdf

What's interesting to note, is that the original document was created on 10/27/07 and had been up on their website for a long, long time. The new Convention Agenda was created on 4/1/08. You can verify this by opening the document, going to file>properties.

I checked to see when they had updated that webpage last, which was 2/29/08 (you can verify this by going to http://www.mogop.org/convention/chairs.html and typing javascript:alert(document.lastModified) in the address bar of your browser [worked on firefox for me, not IE though]), but it looks like they just took the old document, revised it, saved it under the same name and copied over the old version or something to that effect.

What a joke! How can you have a Convention w/o electing a chair?! They're trying to do this so the CD2 chairman can act as chairman at the very beginning appoint his buddies as the parliamentarian, rules committee, and credentials committee and then the credentials committee will uphold all the challenges against Ron Paul delegates!!! ahahahhaah

Oh my, this is freakin PATHETIC! These people must think we're stupid.

Anyways, just thought I'd fill all of you guys in on what you may come to see in your own States' Conventions

Peace,
Denny

TER
04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
LOL. Get the word out troops!

pepperpete1
04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Hello,

So we were having our conference call tonight and talking about our strategies etc.

Just to bring everyone up to speed on the goings-on in MO, the State GOP has issued blanket challenges to any delegates from caucuses in which Ron Paul supporters did well, sometimes challenging their own by mistake (or by design?).

Since I can't send you all the original agenda that had been up on the site since at least 2/29/08, I'll link you to the Caucus Agenda since the procedures are identical to the Original Convention Agenda save a few minor details:

Now, look at the NEW Convention Agenda and look how they flipped everything around; the Chairman and Secretary are the 6th and 5th to last orders of business respectively:

What's interesting to note, is that the original document was created on 10/27/07 and had been up on their website for a long, long time. The new Convention Agenda was created on 4/1/08. You can verify this by opening the document, going to file>properties.

I checked to see when they had updated that webpage last, which was 2/29/08 (you can verify this by going to http://www.mogop.org/convention/chairs.html and typing javascript:alert(document.lastModified) in the address bar of your browser [worked on firefox for me, not IE though]), but it looks like they just took the old document, revised it, saved it under the same name and copied over the old version or something to that effect.

What a joke! How can you have a Convention w/o electing a chair?! They're trying to do this so the CD2 chairman can act as chairman at the very beginning appoint his buddies as the parliamentarian, rules committee, and credentials committee and then the credentials committee will uphold all the challenges against Ron Paul delegates!!! ahahahhaah

Anyways, just thought I'd fill all of you guys in on what you may come to see in your own States' Conventions

Peace,
Denny

How do you plan to address this?:eek:

derdy
04-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Simplying pointing out that they changed it last minute, that you cannot have a convention w/o electing a chair or secretary because without those elections there is no official business, we will most likely have a majority present, and if worse comes to worse we'll just go have our own convention elsewhere.

We're bringing plenty of cameras too........

Should be fun! :D

pepperpete1
04-18-2008, 09:28 PM

Should be fun! :D

Did you notice on their site that they have posted a notice that the convention schedule of events is being updated and will be posted soon?

Dustancostine
04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Go get'm Derdy

RonPaulGuyEastWA
04-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Make a motion to nominate a chair person as soon as the meeting starts. Then quickly nominate someone (you?) who is a Paul supporter. Have someone else quickly second (or even multiple people at the same time so it appears there is strong support for that chair) and then have someone else call for a vote. Make sure you learn Robert's Rules. Time to study! :)

derdy
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM

Did you notice on their site that they have posted a notice that the convention schedule of events is being updated and will be posted soon?

Just noticed that, but I'm not too worried about it. We already know where the convention is being held and we also have a copy of a document that was sent to all non-Ron Paul delegates with directions to the convention and so forth.

derdy
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Make a motion to nominate a chair person as soon as the meeting starts. Then quickly nominate someone (you?) who is a Paul supporter. Have someone else quickly second (or even multiple people at the same time so it appears there is strong support for that chair) and then have someone else call for a vote. Make sure you learn Robert's Rules. Time to study! :)

Well, if they want to follow this agenda, all we have to do is at 9:59.59 AM have the gentleman who we were going to nominate for chiar call the meeting to order and that will automatically make him the chairman according to their new agenda. ;)

Feelgood
04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
I swear to God, Im so sick of all the political horseshit that goes on. This is utterly ridiculous. You really need video cameras to document all this. Lots of cameras with new lithium batteries! Do you think you can effectively counter all the BS there Derdy?

Conza88
04-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Do you think you can effectively counter all the BS there Derdy?

Where theres a will, theres a way. :D

Join The Paul Side
04-19-2008, 06:34 AM
I swear to God, Im so sick of all the political horseshit that goes on. This is utterly ridiculous. You really need video cameras to document all this. Lots of cameras with new lithium batteries! Do you think you can effectively counter all the BS there Derdy?

It's hard to take back the party when these bastards keep pulling dirty tricks. They make their own rules and last minute break or change their own rules to screw the people that don't hold their sick and twisted views. This proves the GOP is rotten to the core from top to bottom. Thomas Jefferson would be ashamed of what the Republican party has become. :(

By the way, goodluck Derdy. Please inform us of what happens, sir.

pepperpete1
04-19-2008, 07:35 AM
For those persons who started threads about whether the "stealthful" method of getting RP nominated at the convention is ethical, I present that our method is a legal ploy, set up by the party. Just politics. But the way the GOP has been breaking rules and state statutes is very unethical. No way would I worry about whether Ron Paul would accept the nomination if it is gotten by the suggested method of abstaining voting for JMcC on the first round and voting for him on successive rounds.
Ron Paul is familiar with how politics work and it is the delegates that we managed to elect that would be exercising the tactic not him.
We have had to battle, blackout by the media, media belittling RP, name calling of the supporters, breaking of the party rules, fudging vote counts, and the list goes on and to have anyone suggest that by our delegates abstaining from first round voting is somehow unethical is a stretch.

constituent
04-19-2008, 07:38 AM
kick azz derdy.

RJB
04-19-2008, 07:41 AM
For those persons who started threads about whether the "stealthful" method of getting RP nominated at the convention is ethical, I present that our method is a legal ploy, set up by the party. Just politics. But the way the GOP has been breaking rules and state statutes is very unethical. No way would I worry about whether Ron Paul would accept the nomination if it is gotten by the suggested method of abstaining voting for JMcC on the first round and voting for him on successive rounds.
Ron Paul is familiar with how politics work and it is the delegates that we managed to elect that would be exercising the tactic not him.
We have had to battle, blackout by the media, media belittling RP, name calling of the supporters, breaking of the party rules, fudging vote counts, and the list goes on and to have anyone suggest that by our delegates abstaining from first round voting is somehow unethical is a stretch.

Right on, pepper!

RJB
04-19-2008, 07:42 AM
kick azz derdy.

Yeah, I wish I could see this live. You'll be on our minds and in our prayers all day.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 08:38 AM
I live 5 minutes away and me and my father are on our way now. I'll give you the scoop of what happens. Maybe some video. Thanks for the information people and derdy.

Sandra
04-19-2008, 10:03 AM
The RNC has said no changes can be made to caucus or conventions last minute. They had to be submitted last Sept 2007.

Sandra
04-19-2008, 10:08 AM
This does work! Everyone from MO that feels disenfranchized by the state chair, email the Republican National Committee and report the violations. Also contact the media. St Petersburg Times is reporting the story of what's happening in Florida to Ron Paul delegates and showing that the state party is the bad guy.

www.gop.com

tajitj
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Why are we trying to be a part of this pathetic party. Why doesn't Dr. Paul just give in and take the Libertarian slot.
We will look back after all these state conventions where we were marginalized and come to that very conclusion. Just wait.

brandon
04-19-2008, 10:20 AM
I want to know how its going!

TXcarlosTX
04-19-2008, 10:23 AM
it sounds like its about to get dirty in there!!!

update??

RonPaulGuyEastWA
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Why are we trying to be a part of this pathetic party. Why doesn't Dr. Paul just give in and take the Libertarian slot.
We will look back after all these state conventions where we were marginalized and come to that very conclusion. Just wait.

This has been discussed ad nauseum...taking back the Republican party is the quickest and most effective way to have political influence in our nation's two-party system. If you don't break into a major party then you don't get all the "mindless" votes who choose a candidate because R or D is next their name.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
OMG what a shamble.... writing report now... give me a minute....

TER
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
waiting on baited breath...

brandon
04-19-2008, 11:23 AM
uh oh, it doesn't sound good

wgadget
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
This has been discussed ad nauseum...taking back the Republican party is the quickest and most effective way to have political influence in our nation's two-party system. If you don't break into a major party then you don't get all the "mindless" votes who choose a candidate because R or D is next their name.

Well, we had our district convention today down here in GA. And one thing is positively clear: If you want to win, you have to have your people actually turn out. It's a numbers game, plain and simple.

Although we nominated RP supporters for delegate and alternate positions, we were outnumbered every vote. Steamrolled. If we had it to do over again, I would encourage any nominee to get over their fear and use their two minutes to speak. Many of ours chose not to...not that it would have made much difference, being outnumbered from the start.

We did pass a resolution against the Real ID.

It is amazing to me the fact that some of the people that won delegate positions can barely get up out of their chair. Most are elderly and some downright sickly. One of our nominees stood up and said that he is against the Iraq war, which drew many apparent snickers...I was not impressed with their rudeness.

At the end of the convention, I introduced myself as a proud Ron Paul Republican and handed a Revolution book to an older woman who made national delegate, inscribed with "Fight for the Constitution!" She said her son is a Libertarian, and I made sure she understood that Ron Paul is a Republican. I hope she reads it.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Check my new thread for info.. -->
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1409190#post1409190

rancher89
04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Hello,

Peace,
Denny

So what happened regarding this stuff???

brandon
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Basically what happened was the chairperson was elected somehow? With out a vote and started listing all the delegates/alternates that he said were not allowed to participate. We made several attempts to appeal, motion, then we finally adjourned. None of what we said at all at any point in time was ever debated, voted on, or recognized other than to 'shut us up'. The man at arms kicked out 2 people. We all stood and we were yelling each time as "Na's" because it was a shamble. We started chanting "Count the vote" to be ignored. Many people raised their hands in the beginning on both sides to hear what we had to say. We made several comments of the chair person being out of order and not obeying the laws (Roberts Rules). It was heated and many of us stood up in protest. We made our presence known very much so. We motioned to adjourn and we all said "Ya" and we left to re adjourn in the hallway.

There in the hallway we had a legal convention. We elected all of ourselves to go to Branson Missouri for the State Convention. We will be taking legal action against what happened today. Everyone that was present is supposed to write what happened so we can contest the shambles that took place.

The first thing the chairman said was turn off phones. There are to be no pictures, video, or audio taken of what happens. Obviously in an attempt to silence what they tried to do to us.
(editing)

This is insane. Who the fuck do they think they are? We cant let them get away with this.

Sandra
04-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Get this out to the media immediately! St Petersburg Times is writing about this as if it is a fascist tastic and rightly so.

hotbrownsauce
04-19-2008, 12:03 PM
here is the new thread I made in case you missed my post.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133648

Join The Paul Side
04-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Thank you for trying hotbrownsauce. :(