PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Ron Paul Nominated - Anyway

LEK
04-18-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3486.html

Thoughts?

I see a provision for abstaining on the first round of voting...could we call these desperate times?

Feelgood
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Great article, I whole heartily agree. This is exactly where we should be focusing our attention, ALL of it. I'm banking away money now, to pay for my trip to the national convention. Yeah, it is a last ditch effort, but I for one will not go down without a fight.

Aratus
04-18-2008, 01:00 PM
THIS IS SOLID! IT MEANs DELEGATIONs FROM THE SMALLER STATES THAT McCAIN DID NOT
COMMAND A MORE THAN 40% OF THE VOTE CAN DIVERT THEIR SUPPORT TO RON PAUL!
IT MEANs HUCKABEE HEAVY AND ROMNEY HEAVY DELEGATIONs CAN WAIT TIL THE OTHERs
VOTE AND SWITCH. AS WELL AS RON PAUL PEOPLE IN McCAIN STATES! YES!!!!! MAKE IT SO!

rancher89
04-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow, that's an interesting viewpoint, difficult to execute perhaps, but possible under the right circumstances.

phixion
04-18-2008, 01:12 PM
You know, if Ron Paul gets to speak to all of the delegates and expose them to the message, perhaps even giving them direction on what to do if they wish he was the nominee, it would be quite something.

Once people are exposed to the sense and reason of Ron Paul for more than 2 minutes - McCain would never be able to stand up on stage without being boo'd at etc and he would look like a complete joke with no substance. Just pure unadulterated B.S.

Ron Paul will make McCain look a really bad republican to the point they think of McCain as an OUTCAST - a fraud - a pretender. A democrat.

Oh - it will be interesting. I'm really looking forward to Ron's speech if he's able to give one. He can detail his plan to all of the delegates in front of John McCain and everyone in the convention and tell them EXACTLY WHAT TO DO if they want him to win the nonimation - and I think there's a good chance they will do it. If there's a way for Ron Paul to win - he's sure to know how and I'm sure he will educate the delegates on what to do if he gets to speak to them!

Call me crazy but if you get a room full of republicans and let Ron speak to them for even a brief while, it will be difficult for them to NOT join him and the movement.

Pete

rancher89
04-18-2008, 01:15 PM
You know, if Ron Paul gets to speak to all of the delegates and expose them to the message, perhaps even giving them direction on what to do if they wish he was the nominee, it would be quite something.

Once people are exposed to the sense and reason of Ron Paul for more than 2 minutes - McCain would never be able to stand up on stage without being boo'd at etc and he would look like a complete joke with no substance. Just pure unadulterated B.S.

Ron Paul will make McCain look a really bad republican to the point they think of McCain as an OUTCAST - a fraud - a pretender. A democrat.

Oh - it will be interesting. I'm really looking forward to Ron's speech if he's able to give one. He can detail his plan to all of the delegates and tell them EXACTLY WHAT TO DO if they want him to win the nonimation - and I think there's a good chance they will do it.

Call me crazy but if you get a room full of republicans and let Ron speak to them for even a brief while, it will be difficult for them to NOT join him and the movement.

Pete

So many of them don't like mccain and wish they didn't have to vote for him.......we just have to convince them that they don't have to!

TruthAtLast
04-18-2008, 01:27 PM
I have always said that the stealth mode is the way to go. Not because of being ashamed to announce proudly the support for Freedom, Liberty and Ron Paul, but because winning and reversing this trend of inevitable destruction is more important than ANYTHING. More important than any borderline ethical issues. More important than following the party line as not to ruffle any feathers. More important than ANYTHING!!!

I don't see why some people have ethical concerns when the alternative is 1000 times worse. We aren't just saving freedom for ourselves but for everyone.... maybe the whole planet. How many people are we going to kill overseas to maintain and expand our empire? How long will it be before the party rules and federal surveillance (including emails and the internet) are so concrete that we couldn't even pull this off in the future if we wanted to? I'm always looking ahead to future elections and planning on building the infrastructure we will need to succeed, but it all assumes that things don't get a LOT worse and that laws aren't passed to make organizations like this impossible.

I'm not saying it is a great chance that RP could get the nomination. I'm also not foolish enough to start spouting that he WILL win. That is just blind optimism and serves little purpose other than a contrived attempt at motivation. I don't need false hopes to be motivated, I'm already motivated.

But with that said, if there was a chance --any chance-- that there is still a winning hand that we could be dealt, and the strategies required were slightly shady, why would we not take that chance? It isn't like we are assassinating anyone. We are just going back on a fake (and FORCED) promise to support a candidate. In some cases, as the article suggests, we aren't even doing that... we are just abstaining from voting.

But the main obstacle is having the majority in 5 states to even get Ron Paul eligible as a candidate. I'm not sure if we have the majority of national delegates in any state so far but there are still many that haven't been chosen.

So the question is this:

Is it more important to get to the national convention by ANY means necessary, or should we instead be making a statement of our force (hoping that is enough to win a state) but possibly sabotaging any chance we have to get to the RNC?

Personally, I think it is more ethically questionable to follow their rules and do nothing and let these people continue to destroy the country than it is to use the strategies necessary to get to the RNC and take back this party and this country.

If we have enough state delegates to win by sheer numbers then there may not be a reason to use the stealth technique... but I'm not sure how many states (if any) fit into that category.

For other states that clearly have a McCain majority, I would think that fitting in and not even focusing so much on resolutions that are destined to lose, and getting to the RNC any way we could would be the primary goal.

But those are just my thoughts. :D

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
And don't forget the timing of the release of Ron Paul's new book. We need to get this book to EVERY delegate and alternate in the nation. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

wgadget
04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm thinking about taking my copy of the book with me for something to read at tomorrow's congressional district convention. What do you guys think? Who knows, I might donate it right then and there to the cause. They can put it on the GOP book table. I have four more coming...

Catatonic
04-18-2008, 01:53 PM

I hope in his speech at the convention we get the fiery Ron Paul we all saw in the Morton Downey Jr. video from 1988 and many of us were hoping to see in the debates.

That way even if this doesn't work out he'll go out in a blaze of glory.

MRoCkEd
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
And don't forget the timing of the release of Ron Paul's new book. We need to get this book to EVERY delegate and alternate in the nation. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
absolutely

Zera
04-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Thing is, the alternative delegate will come up. Unless he is also a Paul supporter, it may not work out. I made a thread about this a few days ago, and it was noted... This may be the best chance, especially if it is realized at the state convention that you won't get anything passed, and to just stay quiet and become a national delegate. Present yourself well and stuff, and get anyone you know thats a Paul supporter at the state convention to become a national delegate.

It's massive planning... But it's doable.

brooklyn
04-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Next Sat is our state convention in Reno NV. Dr.Paul will be speaking(Yeah}!!!
Already have our names put on the National list (4 RP supporters) , now its trying to get us sent. Keep low key- thats the way. Truthatlast has it right.
Wish us luck.

Kotin
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
strange, still no sign of Dr.Steve Parent.

Feelgood
04-18-2008, 06:38 PM
I really dont think they will allow RP to speak at the national convention. They will do whatever they can to prevent that. I'm sure they know how weak their presumptive is, and how RP will mop the floor with him. They arent gonna let it happen.

nc4rp
04-18-2008, 07:18 PM
lol great post.

so we get a brokered convention by Ron Paul speaking and telling the delegates to NOT vote first round which could serve to provide McCain with less than 1191 delegates and force a 2nd round of voting in which sufficient delegates able to vote for Ron Paul in the 2nd round vote to either win or go to a 3rd round. it could be quite a shake up.

haaaylee
04-18-2008, 08:40 PM
wait, so you abstain from the first round - then it goes to a second round....... on which round are all delegates unbound? we then come back in and vote for ron paul?

Akus
04-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I didn't read the whole strategy because my concern is not that we will find a way to make the system trip on itself or allow us to elect Ron Paul. My concern is that Ron Paul, once learning of our tactics (tactics that I personally find absolutely nothing wrong with), refuses to run as a Republican president under some kind of "if this is not honest, I don't want it" pretense.

Of course, he will have the sole monopoly on deciding whether the move is honest or not.

:(

soapmistress
04-18-2008, 08:54 PM
I love the thought of this happening. I don't believe that Ron is going to get up and ask/instruct anyone re: ballots though. We'd have to make it happen on our own but I have come to believe that his silences on things are messages in and of themselves. That probably sounds weird. But if someone had laid out a plan from the top, nobody would feel invested in it the same way that we do when we have to find the path on our own. That is the ultimate gift: watching us grow into our own. We discover the power that we have held all along. We are so much more than a bubble on a ballot.

Knightskye
04-18-2008, 09:23 PM
This needs to be stickied. Now. :D

pepperpete1
04-18-2008, 09:43 PM
But with that said, if there was a chance --any chance-- that there is still a winning hand that we could be dealt, and the strategies required were slightly shady, why would we not take that chance? It isn't like we are assassinating anyone. We are just going back on a fake (and FORCED) promise to support a candidate. In some cases, as the article suggests, we aren't even doing that... we are just abstaining from voting.

But the main obstacle is having the majority in 5 states to even get Ron Paul eligible as a candidate. I'm not sure if we have the majority of national delegates in any state so far but there are still many that haven't been chosen.

:D

I feel that using a provision put into the process by the party is not being "shady" or "stealthful". That is just politics.

There are some states, MI is one, that allow the Romney or Huckabee, delegates to vote for whomever on the first round. Michigan allowed for 19 of Romney's delegates to be "uncommitted/unbound". Of course the party heads have recommended that they vote for McCain to perserve party unity. They did not publish the addresses or phone numbers of the elected delegates or let you know if they were uncommitted or not. Just their names. No way to contact them to try to persuade them to see things RP's way.

It is hard to decipher what states we have the majority of delegates after their conventions from the reports given here on the forum. It looks good for Louisiana, if the credentials finds in our favor, 90% of the original delegates that we had to go to the state convention would be awarded, how about Montana, Idaho, WA, Neveda, MO and Maine? It is possible we have more than we think because the media does not report it and I have a feeling we have been trying to keep the info under the radar so as not to alert the GOP. Just my observation.