PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Romance: Jesse & Valori in WSJ

Yvonne
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
"Several months later Mr. Benton was spotted kissing Mr. Paul's granddaughter and fellow campaign staffer, Valori Pyeatt, 22, in a hallway of the Des Moines Marriott. 'It's uncentering to have no real routine, but it's also liberating. It lets your passions out,' says Mr. Benton, who is now engaged to Ms. Pyeatt."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/020608.html

Omnis
04-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Benton should've been kissing the media.

Oh well... I hope they have a happy marriage.

V4Vendetta
04-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Un Freaking Believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever,
I think I am going to be sick!

This as ruined my whole week!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/Troyg19/palm.jpg

Fields
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
No wonder he wasn't doing his job better. Too busy falling in love.

ValidusCustodiae
04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Well thanks a lot, Jesse and Valori. Thanks for putting personal passion ahead of the restoration of the republic.

constituent
04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
bureaucrap.

constituent
04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Well thanks a lot, Jesse and Valori. Thanks for putting personal passion ahead of the restoration of the republic.

screw the republic. try legitimacy.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 02:38 PM
It was blatantly obvious when I was interviewing Valori in Denver. Benton was watching me like a hawk and followed us instead of looking after Ron Paul. Benton even gave the OTHER media his cell number, but not me. :) The jealousy and suspicion was a little obvious. Poor Valori.

Benton, bah... I don't want to put my real feelings on public record. Ok, I will, you're an ass!

phixion
04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Does anyone else wonder if that was a wise financial career move by Mr Benton, or am I being too cynical?

The whole thing stinks - how desperate must one be to hook up with the granddaughter of a man you're supposed to be getting in the Whitehouse.

Does this man have no self control?

Pete

angelatc
04-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Good heavens - haven't you people ever been in love before??? It's not like it's a switch you can turn off!

Unspun
04-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Good heavens - haven't you people ever been in love before??? It's not like it's a switch you can turn off!

Totally on your side. I wish them the best of luck.

DeadtoSin
04-18-2008, 02:58 PM

No, they are the Ron Paul bots, completely oblivious to all affairs except personal liberty.

Right...

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow. I have many times had to put "love" and other emotions aside for a higher purpose. Stop being such neanderthals.

SeanEdwards
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM
This does somewhat explain the ineptness of the national campaign. Looks like they spent more time playing grabass than managing an election campaign.

ARealConservative
04-18-2008, 03:31 PM

my thoughts exactly.

Thank You!

phixion
04-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Give over - it's very easy to stop yourself from going places with any woman/person.

Only the desperate would chose to go the path Benton took. He'd only just come out of a relationship himself for crying out loud - now he's getting hitched to a Paul granddaughter months later?

Who in the right mind would feel right in Benton's position, working for Ron Paul, and at the same time going after his granddaughter? It's a conflict and a situation everyone should avoid.

I find it quite pathetic.

Pete

0zzy
04-18-2008, 03:39 PM
This does somewhat explain the ineptness of the national campaign. Looks like they spent more time playing grabass than managing an election campaign.

Possibly. Though I think he was just overall incompetent.

angelatc
04-18-2008, 03:41 PM
my thoughts exactly.

Thank You!

I'm feeling kind of sorry for the folks here that haven't apparently ever been in love before!

purplechoe
04-18-2008, 03:43 PM

Are you 16 years old?

I've been in love before and I'm a pretty emotional person. I would not be pulling crap like this if I was in his shoes because I'm an adult now.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm feeling kind of sorry for the folks here that haven't apparently ever been in love before!

I feel sorry for people that have no self-control.

sluggo
04-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, I've yet to badmouth the official campaign so here it goes.

Jesse Benton pissed away an ON AIR INVITE from a large talk radio station that covers parts of North and South Carolina. On a VERY popular morning show, with a host that is pretty closely in line with Ron Paul.

Not only were many Ron Paul supporters who listen to the show ignored by Benton, so was the radio station. The host went on air complaining that the Campaign would not return their calls or emails.

I don't know whether playing grabass had anything to do with it, but Benton damn sure dropped the ball on that one.

The One
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
The question is.....Is RP's granddaughter hot? That's all you need to know. If she's hot, then all the dudes on here saying they wouldn't have done it can just STFU cuz you know damn good and well we can't turn down a fine piece of tail.:cool:

LittleLightShining
04-18-2008, 04:13 PM

Jesse Benton pissed away an ON AIR INVITE from a large talk radio station that covers parts of North and South Carolina. On a VERY popular morning show, with a host that is pretty closely in line with Ron Paul.

Not only were many Ron Paul supporters who listen to the show ignored by Benton, so was the radio station. The host went on air complaining that the Campaign would not return their calls or emails.

I don't know whether playing grabass had anything to do with it, but Benton damn sure dropped the ball on that one.Same thing happened here in VT.

purplechoe
04-18-2008, 04:16 PM
The question is.....Is RP's daughter hot? That's all you need to know. If she's hot, then all the dudes on here saying they wouldn't have done it can just STFU cuz you know damn good and well we can't turn down a fine piece of tail.:cool:

I can get a "fine piece of tail" anytime I want. Liberty on the other hand...

The One
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I can get a "fine piece of tail" anytime I want. Liberty on the other hand...

Yeah, and I'm sure if she was looking good and just threw herself at you, you wouldn't waiver for a moment. You would say no, get away from me, liberty comes first. Puhleeeeazzzee.......you're trying to play a player, son.;)

thumbto
04-18-2008, 04:31 PM
This thread is like overhearing my 13 year old neice talk on the telephone.

ARealConservative
04-18-2008, 04:34 PM
It's Tony Romo in the playoffs all over again.

Damn you Jessica Simpson :mad:

:rolleyes:

Meatwasp
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
I am not against their' Love affair but maybe he should have dropped out and let someone less emotional take over

The One
04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I am not against their' Love affair but maybe he should have dropped out and let someone less emotional take over

Tu llamo es Meatwasp.:D

nate895
04-18-2008, 05:09 PM
NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT LIBERTY!!!!!!

Sometimes you just have to forget you are being oppressed and live your life and try to enjoy it.

One of God's commandments is to EAT, DRINK, AND BE MERRY. So get that pole out of your ass and just go out and have fun and let others have fun for crying out loud.

sluggo
04-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't care that they are together.

But I do wonder how many potential wedding guests Benton is going to blow off after refusing to tell them where and when the ceremony is. :p

constituent
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT LIBERTY!!!!!!

Sometimes you just have to forget you are being oppressed and live your life and try to enjoy it.

One of God's commandments is to EAT, DRINK, AND BE MERRY. So get that pole out of your ass and just go out and have fun and let others have fun for crying out loud.

sorry. it's called professionalism. you know, like when you're being paid to do a job.

i wish them well, marriage ain't an easy row to hoe... anyone married now or ever will vouch for me on that. it's tough, but more rewarding than just about anything... heaven help them when kids play into the picture, but all of that aside.

would you consider what you've read to be appropriate professional behavior (even excusing the granddaughter, she was volunteering anyway, right?) for anyone else in any other circumstances?

and if it happened, and the job performance of one or the other suffered as a result, would you be surprised by this (and not to pass judgement on them as people, but seriously we're talking about what was ostensibly a presidential campaign... maybe that's the problem)?

of course job performance would suffer, i've been "in love" and can assure you of that one ( and ms. pyatt ain't got s* on my lady).

i think this is just frustrating as all hell in light of so many other small problems, not too mention what we've encountered from some of the campaign staffers who have bothered to stop by and offer their thoughts (not to paint them all as a problem).

anyway...

i'm suddenly thirsty for some tap water.

Meatwasp
04-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Tu llamo es Meatwasp.:D

Yo no intendo.

V4Vendetta
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM

I don't know whether playing grabass had anything to do with it, but Benton damn sure dropped the ball on that one.

He was probably busy laying pipe

I talked to Valori....
I still can't believe it....

I don't think she's too gung ho about it.
She's still young..... doesn't really know what she wants apparently.

oh, Valorie...
I keep kicking myself in the ass.
There goes another one....
Serves me right, I guess

I don't see it lasting long...
I hope they don't have any kids
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/Troyg19/picard-headesk.jpg

Banana
04-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Yay for speculation, rumor-mongering, gossiping, finger wagging, and innuendo!

Let's get us a full page cover on National Enquirer!

Here's a hint: If anything about Benton's lack of professionalism is true, then surely Dr. Paul, his kids whom are parent of the beautiful granddaughter, and other campaign staffers would see it fit to give a solid knock on his skull? Wouldn't they be in better position to judge than a bunch of pizza-faced lovelorn kids posting on internet? Or maybe we weren't really libertarians after all since we want to dictate their lives?

Cowlesy
04-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Come on guys. This is not fair to club Jesse Benton like this. For heaven's sake, I will sound like uber-troll here, but I consider it RON's fault (in addition to Kent & Lew) for keeping Jesse on as Communications Director. The guy is what, 29-30 years of age, and is the front-office for Ron's message delivery to the world? He had NO business being Communications Director based on age, but also on his experience (his bio is on the internet somewhere, and is quite lackluster).

It is my opinion he did a sub-par job, and for the one time I spoke with him, I became very alarmed that this was Ron's first line of defense and offense against the press. I just can't blame him, because if a candidate really wanted to win, he'd know that his primary conduit to the media must be occupied by a senior person adept at handling the media.

Having a Communications Director who falls in love with the candidate's grand-daughter isn't a failureof the Communications Director, but a failure by the Senior Staff (Campaign Chairman/Campaign Manager/Candidate) at recognizing a conflict of interest, and resolving on behalf of all the supporters who've given blood/sweat/treasure/tears to this effort.

Good luck To Mr. Benton, and Valori.

Broadlighter
04-18-2008, 08:25 PM
So now, we have to be subjected to tabloid gossip about personalities in the Ron Paul campaign. Can't that be saddled with Hillary McBama. We've got a Republic to restore!

I mean, the MSM likes them better. They sell more newspapers and ad time. All we want is our freedom. Sheesh!

I don't begrudge the burgeoning relationship, but that should be their business. keep the prying noses out of it!

V4Vendetta
04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Whenever you don't feel right congratulating a couple, it's always proper to wish them good luck.

Cowlesy
04-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Whenever you don't feel right congratulating a couple, it's always proper to wish them good luck.

lol so not true.

Congratulations AND Good Luck to the new couple!!!

Knightskye
04-18-2008, 09:33 PM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/WK-AL576_1jpHOO_20080417194927.jpg

And they worked late into the night. ;)

libertarian4321
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
"Several months later Mr. Benton was spotted kissing Mr. Paul's granddaughter and fellow campaign staffer, Valori Pyeatt, 22, in a hallway of the Des Moines Marriott. 'It's uncentering to have no real routine, but it's also liberating. It lets your passions out,' says Mr. Benton, who is now engaged to Ms. Pyeatt."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/020608.html

While others have hammered the campaign staff for months, I never did. I always assumed they were doing their best, and maybe just weren't up to par.

Now I'm wondering if Benton wasn't playing "grab ass" when he was supposed to be working for the campaign.

Well, if there's another run in 2012, I hope Ron will hire an adult who is focused on the campaign, not scoring a piece of ass, as communications director.

Conza88
04-18-2008, 11:03 PM
This thread is like overhearing my 13 year old neice talk on the telephone.

Lmao :D too true.

Quick quesiton; do you support the patriot act? ;) -> :p

wowabunga
04-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Benton should've been kissing the media.

"Kissing up" to the media is a right sappy and sickning thought... reguardless I must also concur.

Best wishes to the couple in their quest for peace and joy.

Fields
04-19-2008, 01:29 AM
If his performance suffered to due this conflict of interest. I hope they fail. They deserve it.

Ron LOL
04-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Huh. So Jesse's an asshole.

Wait, we all knew that already.

DealzOnWheelz
04-19-2008, 03:02 AM
I guess thats what the founders meant when they said "Sowing the seeds of liberty"

LOL

0zzy
04-19-2008, 03:12 AM

Here's a hint: If anything about Benton's lack of professionalism is true, then surely Dr. Paul, his kids whom are parent of the beautiful granddaughter, and other campaign staffers would see it fit to give a solid knock on his skull? Wouldn't they be in better position to judge than a bunch of pizza-faced lovelorn kids posting on internet? Or maybe we weren't really libertarians after all since we want to dictate their lives?

How about volunteers and congressional staffers? And since when was Jesse Benton being an individual under my dime. He is doing a service I paid for, he better be doing his damn job. It's called capitalism.

Thomas Paine
04-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Given that Jesse Benton put his personal passion ahead of the Republic's, I wish him all the worst.

constituent
04-19-2008, 06:10 AM

rumor-mongering? so none of what was posted online at the wsj was true? the jesse benton quotes were misattributed?

we're all making this up or something?

oh goodness, our local campaign shill. give me a break. "if... it's true." bullshit, it is unquestionably true and was so looooooooong before this. just another "brick in the wall" so to speak.

"would dr. paul, his kids... other campaign staffers"

clearly not, we've seen the whole crew (the campaign, that is) running around w/ their tails tucked between their legs playing "cover my ass" for the last couple of months at least (who knows, it's looking increasingly like it has been that way all year, heaven knows i only heard it from "insiders" and no, not just "campaign insiders" since just about day 1). and what do her parents have to say about it? she is a free-individual, an adult who can make up her own mind regardless.

this is my favorite, the over the top ad hominem attacks b/c you have NOTHING to say.

"Wouldn't they be in better position to judge than a bunch of pizza-faced lovelorn kids posting on internet? Or maybe we weren't really libertarians after all since we want to dictate their lives?" (just kids posting on the internet? spoken like a true campaign staffer right there).

maybe we weren't really libertarians after all?

you're right friend, we were nothing. and after watching you on these boards since feb. i hope that we
can stay that way.

you, are a dipshit. and what does libertarianism have to do w/ desiring that people do the job they are being paid to do that has set forth specifically for them, you know... personal responsibility. i thought that's what libertarianism is all about ::silly me:: clearly it's all about social networking, hobnobbing, elitism and grab assing your way up the ladder to... what? (more libertarian failure i guess, typical. shoulda seen it coming)

though i see how my lack of loafers and gucci ties might have confused you as to my libertarian political ideas.

familydog
04-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Come on guys. This is not fair to club Jesse Benton like this. For heaven's sake, I will sound like uber-troll here, but I consider it RON's fault (in addition to Kent & Lew) for keeping Jesse on as Communications Director. The guy is what, 29-30 years of age, and is the front-office for Ron's message delivery to the world? He had NO business being Communications Director based on age, but also on his experience (his bio is on the internet somewhere, and is quite lackluster).

It is my opinion he did a sub-par job, and for the one time I spoke with him, I became very alarmed that this was Ron's first line of defense and offense against the press. I just can't blame him, because if a candidate really wanted to win, he'd know that his primary conduit to the media must be occupied by a senior person adept at handling the media.

Having a Communications Director who falls in love with the candidate's grand-daughter isn't a failureof the Communications Director, but a failure by the Senior Staff (Campaign Chairman/Campaign Manager/Candidate) at recognizing a conflict of interest, and resolving on behalf of all the supporters who've given blood/sweat/treasure/tears to this effort.

Good luck To Mr. Benton, and Valori.

Bump.

That pretty much sums it up. Thanks.

gunjin22
08-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Guess who's getting married today? :)

libertarian4321
08-22-2008, 05:19 AM

Ah geez, you just made me lose my breakfast.

Thanks a lot!

user
08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I remember this story. Thanks gunjin22...

pacelli
08-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Come on guys. This is not fair to club Jesse Benton like this. For heaven's sake, I will sound like uber-troll here, but I consider it RON's fault (in addition to Kent & Lew) for keeping Jesse on as Communications Director

I agree. Benton & Valori did what they wanted to do during the campaign and while it may have been a conflict of interest for Benton, it wasn't his fault. The fact that the relationship developed during the campaign is none of my damned business. Not to mention this is old news.

The fact that people are using this as another reason to prove Benton's ineptness is a cheap shot and short-sighted. If you want to place blame on anyone, look up a little higher on the ladder.

Was it unprofessional? Sure it was. Did it likely serve as a source of distraction for Benton? Probably. Did it cost Ron any votes? Highly doubtful-- remember we were told by Jonathan Bydlak that RON TURNED DOWN INTERVIEWS AND REFUSED TO CAMPAIGN MORE THAN HE DID.

If Ron Paul or the rest of the campaign didn't feel it was necessary to replace Benton, doesn't that say something about Ron's management effectiveness?

This is more of a management issue than a personal one.

Jeremy
08-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Benton for Congress

Jeremy
08-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Hey guys, at least their story is pretty good:

Mr. Benton was spotted kissing Mr. Paul's granddaughter and fellow campaign staffer, Valori Pyeatt, 22, in a hallway of the Des Moines Marriott

compared to

"Sometimes I think I'm in 'High School Musical,' " Kimberlin Love, a press advance staffer for the Clinton campaign

:D