PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we get e-mails from Ron Paul daily? HQ needs to use the internet as a tool.

Rivington Essex
08-21-2007, 09:54 AM
When I donate to other campaigns and causes, I get e-mails from them almost hourly. I have donated twice to Ron Paul and I have only gotten confirmations.

In the past week, campaign HQ should have had at least 3 press releases.

1. Victory in Alabama Straw Poll

2. Victory in NH Straw Poll.

3. Birthday announcement and a plea for money.

For me to take them seriously, they need to get serious at HQ. The internet momentum is the only asset the campaign has right now and they are not monetizing it. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how we can get some professionals in charge of the asylum?

mport1
08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
When I donate to other campaigns and causes, I get e-mails from them almost hourly. I have donated twice to Ron Paul and I have only gotten confirmations.

For me to take them seriously, they need to get serious at HQ. The internet momentum is the only asset the campaign has right now and they are not monetizing it. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how we can get some professionals in charge of the asylum?

Well, a lot of people would probably get annoyed with constant emails. Also, the campaign has a lot of stuff on their plate so maybe they just don't have the time. Also, a lot of RP supporters are pretty active and already know about this stuff.

BLS
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM

welcome to grassroots support.
You may need to rethink your philosophy. RP's campaign is JUST getting going.
They are running on a skeleton staff, but they have already expanded their office space, and are adding new people daily.

It WILL become more organized....we just have to keep fighting on the streets for him, and it will all come together. Have faith brother!

Ron Paul Fan
08-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I got 5 emails from Ron Paul last week. I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. They did put out an email asking for a gift for Dr. Paul's birthday. The straw poll victories were on the website. This campaign is using the internet better than any other. I think they're doing just fine and they're just getting started. Instead of making the usual critical statements of HQ like some posters on here frequently do, I would like to congratulate them on their success so far and want them to know that I'm behind them 100%.

Mani
08-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I get a couple emails a week and that's plenty, I don't want more than that.

Slugg
08-21-2007, 10:28 AM
The fact is, nothing gets out quicker than these forums. I'm not sure the campaign could keep up with us. Someone finds something, then:

100 People blog it

5000 People DIgg it

10000 Email it

and that's in the first day......

I'd rather the campaign not waste money trying to keep up with us, we got the internet on lockdown...(as locked down as it can be anyway)....we need them to run the ads, do the speeches, and raise the money....

You're right, the internet is their main backbone, but they didn't do it. We did (not really me, I came in 'late'..heh). Point being, I'm content with them just updating their site a few times a week, we can disseminate info pretty quick (and some of these guys/gals around here are building a server to make it even quicker)....so, not to worry; the internet really is on lock down.

quickmike
08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
yeah, I get 2 or 3 a week which is just fine with me. Any more would be overkill. Besides, if we got all our news from them, what need would we have to come to the forum?:D

IRO-bot
08-21-2007, 10:31 AM
I have signed up twice to get campaign e-mails and it still doesn't work. *shrugs* I still get all the important stuff from the great people on this forum.

quickmike
08-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I have signed up twice to get campaign e-mails and it still doesn't work. *shrugs* I still get all the important stuff from the great people on this forum.

check your spam settings maybe?

IRO-bot
08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
I did, I looked in my Junk Folder and settings. It just doesn't get sent to me. :(

max
08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
HQ is run by amatuers...

their TV commercials absolutely sucked....

their follow up with donors is non existent...

These clowns need to be shit canned and replaced with marketing pros ASAP

IRO-bot
08-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Who will pay for that?

quickmike
08-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Who will pay for that?

good question, but im sure there are alot of unemployed marketing and advertising experts out there who would work cheap if they liked RP anyway. Its just a matter of finding them.

quickmike
08-21-2007, 10:47 AM
I did, I looked in my Junk Folder and settings. It just doesn't get sent to me. :(

Maybe its a conspiracy by your anti- Ron Paul ISP that is blocking them:D (twilight zone music playing in background)

IRO-bot
08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe its a conspiracy by your anti- Ron Paul ISP that is blocking them:D (twilight zone music playing in background)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!
Slow motion action. Camera fades slowly away.

Matt Collins
08-21-2007, 12:00 PM
You're right, the internet is their main backbone, but they didn't do it. We did (not really me, I came in 'late'..heh). It's interesting to watch the video of Ron's visit to the Google HQ.

In this video he is asked about his Internet support, and he specifically says that fellow members of Congress ask him how he got that much support on the Internet. He simply tells them that he had nothing to do with it, it was just People responding to the message of liberty.

When I spoke to him on the phone prior to a radio interview a few months ago I told him I was one of his original "Internet supporters" from back in January/February, and he said he was absolutely amazed at the amount of organization that was out there. He didn't really understand it at the time, and I think he gets it now but he was very impressed at "our organization" ha ha. :D

max
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Who will pay for that?

a good marketing team will pay for itself in the form of increasd interest and increased donations..

there is more than enough seed capital for HQ to start doing things better