PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Steve Parent on Parliamentary procedure

Phantom
04-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Dr. Steve Parent was on Ron Paul Revolution Radio yesterday, April 17th, talking about Parliamentary Procedure.

You can listen to the show here (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/recordings.html#recordings)

smartguy911
04-18-2008, 02:56 AM
dude is he a real Doctor? or just faking it. what kind of Dr. is he?

orlandoinfl
04-18-2008, 03:08 AM
dude is he a real Doctor? or just faking it. what kind of Dr. is he?

Who are you? Steve has provided great information on Parliamentary procedure and acquiring delegates for Ron paul. What have you done?

Bradley in DC
04-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Steve has provided great information on Parliamentary procedure and acquiring delegates for Ron paul.

The information is generally not right, but whatever. :rolleyes:

slamhead
04-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Who are you? Steve has provided great information on Parliamentary procedure and acquiring delegates for Ron paul. What have you done?

Easy Orlando...he is just asking what type of Doctor he is. Man there are a lot of low post count members jumping on high count senior members. In the words of RP. "Whats going on here?"

Phantom
04-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi Bradley in DC

Why don't you enlighten us all as to what Steve is "generally not right" about.

Every time there is a post that mentions Steve Parent, you always have something to say, yet you fail to point out where he is wrong.

So do us all a favour when you get time, listen to the recordings on my site of Steve talking about the delegate process, then make a list of where you believe he is "generally not right" and maybe we can get him to address your criticisms.

Bradley in DC
04-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi Bradley in DC

Why don't you enlighten us all as to what Steve is "generally not right" about.

Every time there is a post that mentions Steve Parent, you always have something to say, yet you fail to point out where he is wrong.

So do us all a favour when you get time, listen to the recordings on my site of Steve talking about the delegate process, then make a list of where you believe he is "generally not right" and maybe we can get him to address your criticisms.

He is nearly always specifically not right. I have posted specifics many, many times. There is a whole thread where he attempted to "school" me but fails to cite one time I'm wrong but many of us show him to be factually incorrect repeatedly:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=131921

orlandoinfl
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I think some people are just bitter that they aren't being praised as much as Steve so they engage in character assassination or blatant misrepresentation.

It's so sophomoric.

Tarzan
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I think some people are just bitter that they aren't being praised as much as Steve so they engage in character assassination or blatant misrepresentation.

It's so sophomoric.

Parent has been wrong on several statements he has made. Off the top of my head I knew his information about TX and CA were not correct. Several other "facts" have been very questionable and a little checking proved them to be wrong.

Bad information can be worse than no information. I will forgo trying to judge Parent's motivation... but some of his facts are WRONG and that brings ALL of the information he is providing into question.

Go do some fact checking from authoritative sources (not wickedpedia) and you will see what others have pointed out. Hoping for a latter day prophet to emerge from the wilderness and lead us to the “promised land” is tempting... the facts belie the truth, that there is more wishful thinking than accurate information being provided.

Feelgood
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Ok, so I have to ask a dumb question. What does parliamentary procedure have to do with the US or what we are doing in trying to get delegates? Since our government is not a parliament, what merit would discussing those procedures have? Or is this more of a class on etiquette?

Bradley in DC
04-18-2008, 11:44 AM

It's so sophomoric.

OOORRRR, some of us are more concerned that we give accurate information to get as many delegates for Dr. Paul because it isn't all about us--unlike Steve who obsequiously screams for personal attention constantly (email me, call me, listen to me, post my delusional ramblings everywhere...).

Tarzan
04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok, so I have to ask a dumb question. What does parliamentary procedure have to do with the US or what we are doing in trying to get delegates? Since our government is not a parliament, what merit would discussing those procedures have? Or is this more of a class on etiquette?

Parliamentary procedure is just a set of rules organizations use to conduct their meetings. It has nothing to do with a particular type of government system... though it is generally used by democratic bodies.

Knowing the rules is important... just as knowing the rules for playing a game. You can use them to your advantage and avoid having them used against you. For example, if we were to play chess or even checkers and you did not know the rules I would probably win every time... at least, until you learned the rules of the game. The same is true within organizations and politics. It's the old "knowledge is power"... but only if your knowledge is correct.

http://parliamentarians.org/definition.php
(not authoritative, but a reasonable explanation)

Bradley in DC
04-18-2008, 11:47 AM

It refers to the methods in rules in some places to run the meetings to elect delegates. It's a generic term now for "Rules of Order"

puppetmaster
04-18-2008, 11:55 AM
bump