PDA

View Full Version : Send a Letter to the Editor at the Argus Leader in South Dakota

skyorbit
04-18-2008, 01:12 AM
David Kranz wrote a collumn recently that said Paul is still on the ballot because it's past the deadline to have it removed -- just like Huck and Romney.
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/COLUMNISTS0102/804140312/1157/voices08

This is nonsense. We need as many letters to the editor as possible about this Paul is sitll in the race. He's still actively campaigning, Billboards are going up in South Dakota, etc.

Tracy

jakeb4liberty
04-18-2008, 01:35 AM
tracy,

Are you expecting a good showing in SD. Paul did well in N. Dakota, Montana and Minnesota which are neighboring states. Be great to see that momentum carry over!

skyorbit
04-18-2008, 02:46 AM
Yes. I am. I've spoken with County Party Chairs that are hoppin Mad that McCains supposedly the prosumptive nomanie.

The Chair of Trip County told me that he could have gotten behind just about anybody, except McCain. And I've heard simular remarks from other local leaders in the party.

But they're not going to show up and vote for him, if they think he's dropped out!?

We need a letter to the editor campaign to the Argus leader. That reaches the whole state.

We have to get at least 20% in the primery to make sure that we get some Ron Paul Delegates.

Tracy

countrykidz4freedom
04-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I called the number and left a message, and requested he stop printing mistruths, and also to correct the error and print that Dr Paul IS still in the presidential race so that the people can choose who they want to vote for. This media junk is really starting to make me irritated-as long as they think they can get by with this, they will continue to do so. I wanted to threaten legal action, if they don't stop the lies, but instead I am being nice and hoping it was an honest mistake (though I seriously doubt it) Here is the area code, for those of who want to call and leave a message (605)331-2302. There was an answering machine that said David Kranz.

I preferred calling over sending a letter, because obviously the sooner the error is corrected the better.

skyorbit
04-18-2008, 10:50 AM
This letter is in response to this columnists artical
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/COLUMNISTS0102/804140312/1157/voices08

It's about 400 words right now. I need help getting it cut down. I'm not a very good writer. Thanks,

Tracy

~~~~
Ron Paul is Still in the Race

I am writing this letter in response to Kranz's collumn Monday April 14th (McCain campaign?). In it Kranz stated that Ron Paul (along with Romney and Huccabee) had dropped out and that he just hadn't removed his name from the ballot yet. While this might be true about Romney and Huccabee, it's completely false about Ron Paul. Ron Paul is still actively campaigning, and is working to get the maximum number of delegates possible. He's been making stops in Pennsylvania and running Radio ads there, while some of his supporters are running TV ads, canvasing, and putting up billboards. There will even be Ron Paul Billboards up in Yankton, and Sioux Falls by the time this letter is printed, with Sturgis and Rapid City coming soon. I would like to respectfully ask that a correction be printed. Ron Paul is still in the race.

Conservatives in South Dakota have a right to vote for a true conservative.

McCain has an F Rating from the Gun Owners of America (GOA), and votes with Teddy Kennedy on every piece of Gun Control legislation. In fact his record is worse then Hillary's on this issue. Ron Paul has an A+ rating from the GOA, and has been actively working to repeal the last 20 years of federal gun control laws.

McCain has a terrible record when it comes to protecting the life of the unborn. He was even on the Democrat side of the Filibuster blocking Bushes pro-life judicial appointees, and has said in the past that he doesn't want to see Roe V Wade overturned. Ron Paul's an OB/GYN by trade, who's been fighting against federal funding for abortions, and federal mandated abortion rights laws his entire career.

According to the National Taxpayers Union. McCain wants to increase the federal budget by $180 Billion dollars, this isn't much different from Hillary and Obama's budgets. Ron Paul wants to cut spending by that much and more so. We're already seeing the inflationary effects of too much government spending. McCain's presidency (like Hillary's and Obama's) can only make the situation worse.

McCain is a Democrat. A Vote for McCain in the Republican Party is a vote against its very soul. He's an anti-gun, pro-abortion, fiscal liberal. There's no point in unifying behind a candidate that's as liberal, if not more so then the Democrats running. I urge Republicans to turn out June 3rd, and vote their conscience in the Republican Party -- either Ron Paul, or Uncommitted -- instead of voting for McCain. At least the National Republican Party will know that South Dakota Republicans, don't want a liberal for their nominee.

Tracy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~