PDA

View Full Version : This is it. JULY 12 2008! The r3VOLution comes to WASHINGTON!!

RonPaulVolunteer
04-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Hello to all!
I was told just a bit ago that we FINALLY have a date set down in stone for the march! This is amazing news, because it also means that the permits are done, and we can finally go into the real promotion and organization stages! There were (and still are) a lot of people who don't believe that this can and will happen, but everything is in motion now and we are going to stand up for ourselves.

So, to the information you care about...
The rEVOLution March will be held JULY 12, 2008 ON THE WEST SIDE OF CAPITOL HILL. Dr. Paul's people are now in on the march, and are going to help us out how they can. Keep in mind though that this is still a grassroots effort, meaning that it's up to us to spread the word!

Having a date also means that we FINALLY get to move into our heavy promotion and organization stage! This is going to be pretty difficult, because the state coordinators are going to be trying to contact the people within their states to help out with hotel accomodations, travel, and everything else that goes into helping ensure that we all get there safely.
I can't stress this enough: If you want to help promote or coordinate for your state, LET ME KNOW! I can get you in contact with your main state coordinator pretty quickly. If you need to do fundraising to get there, start now, because the countdown is on!

As always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions-

M. Grace Cook
Promoter/Coordinator

...PS: It's late, so I apologize for what I'm sure are a ton of grammar/spelling errors...

Just passing this on.... :) I am not Grace.

Kotin
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm in.

TER
04-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Count me in for 4!

ClayTrainor
04-17-2008, 11:14 PM
My canadian ass will be there for this one!

hotbrownsauce
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
it has been confirmed the official date is July 12th 2008 http://www.revolutionmarch.com

runningdiz
04-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Count me in and my friends. someone good with graphics design a flier to post at colleges. Need to get them up before school lets out

TXcarlosTX
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM
im rolling that way, should be chingos de fun!!!

DAFTEK
04-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Sounds like I'm taking a two week vacation to the east coast :D 4th of July in NYC is awsome :)

bucfish
04-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Mark your calendars make plans spread the message to all RP supporters you know!

I Am Weasel
04-18-2008, 08:50 AM
time to get the fire going again people...

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Why is this not spreading around??? People lost all enthusiasm already?

ARealConservative
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM

I never had enthusiasm for a national march.

I know this was originally Dr. Paul's idea, but I do disagree with the guy from time to time. This is one of those times.

Politics is local - this national march is taking the eye off the prize IMO.

Secondly, if we have to march, it should be a march on the Republican National Convention.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good time and make an impact. The best part of the Iowa Straw Poll was seeing our strength in numbers, so I do understand why some are excited for this event.

Have Fun - also try to make a positive impression on those around you.

Maximilian American
04-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm in with 7-10 additional people

I think we should do both, a march on Washington & a march on the Republican National Convention. Why not both?

I know this was originally Dr. Paul's idea, but I do disagree with the guy from time to time. This is one of those times.

Secondly, if we have to march, it should be a march on the Republican National Convention.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good time and make an impact. The best part of the Iowa Straw Poll was seeing our strength in numbers, so I do understand why some are excited for this event.

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2008, 01:04 PM

IMO - It is spreading and there is enthusiasm. We are in a different phase now, and it will take longer for the buzz to build.

While I agree that politics is local, there is strength in numbers and physical networking is indespensible in building a cohesive movement. I fail to see how a visit to DC, to meet like minded folk, can take anyones eyes off the prize.

Secondly, rather that asserting what should, or shouldn't, be, don't you think it would be more effective, and helpful, to promote this event as a springboard for a third at St Paul?

flames2dust77
04-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm in. Been in. Just been waiting fo the official date. Updated promo vid wil be up by tonight and we're beginning to work on a moneybmb vid for the march.

DeadtoSin
04-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, if I pay early I found out a bus ticket from Dallas to Washington DC is only 77 bucks. I am not promising to go, but I'll definitely consider it now.

LiveToWin
04-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Will be there.

ARealConservative
04-18-2008, 03:06 PM
IMO - It is spreading and there is enthusiasm. We are in a different phase now, and it will take longer for the buzz to build.

While I agree that politics is local, there is strength in numbers and physical networking is indespensible in building a cohesive movement. I fail to see how a visit to DC, to meet like minded folk, can take anyones eyes off the prize.

Secondly, rather that asserting what should, or shouldn't, be, don't you think it would be more effective, and helpful, to promote this event as a springboard for a third at St Paul?

In my local meetup group, we spend as much time talking about this as we do in trying to infiltrate the local GOP.

We have people that have stopped going to events, but have signed up to go to this march.

It has clearly become THE priority for many people, and that is a real negative to me.

purplechoe
04-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I'll be there!!!

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 03:16 PM
It has clearly become THE priority for many people, and that is a real negative to me.

Good, so we should expect a big crowd...

ItsTime
04-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Can anyone start making kick ass youtubes??? Mailing this to my mailing lists. Thanks

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
In my local meetup group, we spend as much time talking about this as we do in trying to infiltrate the local GOP.

We have people that have stopped going to events, but have signed up to go to this march.

Well if they have stopped going to events, and this is bringing them back into the loop, isn't that a good thing?

ISTM, we need to keep in mind that having some fun is an intregal part of this campaign. It is a fact of life that people get more enthused about events considered fun and exciting. These events keep people enthused and active, so we end up with a bigger pool for recruiting towards the more mundane aspects of the r3VOLution...

rational thinker
04-18-2008, 04:18 PM
IMO, we need to focus most of our efforts on this from now till the rally. We need to make a viral YouTube video and override Digg's bury brigade (we've managed to do it before), because once it gets on Digg, that's a guaranteed 20,000 views and that will start a huge domino effect. We can also get it on Reddit and everyone should post it on their MySpace and Facebook.

Oh, btw, FaceBook just added a new feature in which if you Digg any article, you can feed it to everyone on your friends list, so **wink wink**, let's get the show rollin'!

Gin
04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
We need to get this out... fix all the current June 21st you tube vids to reflect July 12 instead... we don't have a moment to waste......

Mods... can you sticky this thread plez....thx....

ItsTime
04-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Our bumps get more views than a sticky :cool:

We need to get this out... fix all the current June 21st you tube vids to reflect July 12 instead... we don't have a moment to waste......

Mods... can you sticky this thread plez....thx....

sluggo
04-18-2008, 06:43 PM
I'll be there.

mstrmac1
04-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Im in like flynn..

"YOU CAN DO IT"
rob schneider "water boy"

scotto2008
04-18-2008, 07:44 PM

I think Dr. Paul himself needs to rally the troops with a new video message. At his personal appearances, he seems to be drawing the same enthusiastic crowds, but the fact is he's out of the national spotlight. He may not realize that much of the national movement feels vaguely abandoned.

That's just my perception.

Nate SY
04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Great, I should be able to make it to this one. With at the very least one extra person, hopefully more like five extra though.

Gin
04-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Honestly, Dr. Paul is doing all he can... If We The People want him to be President Paul, then we have to show Washington and the MSM that we aren't taking no for an answer.......it's a R3volution.....

I think Dr. Paul himself needs to rally the troops with a new video message. At his personal appearances, he seems to be drawing the same enthusiastic crowds, but the fact is he's out of the national spotlight. He may not realize that much of the national movement feels vaguely abandoned.

Gin
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2008, 11:05 PM
bump

Paul Revered
04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I posted the OP, and a link on MySpace.

ronpaulhawaii
04-19-2008, 09:21 AM
bump

ItsTime
04-19-2008, 09:26 AM
get banners up on all your blogs and websites :)
http://revolutionmarch.com/banners.aspx?rnd=591046758

kigol
04-19-2008, 09:52 AM
blogged about it.

http://blogronpaul.com/ron-paul/this-is-it-july-12-2008-the-r3volution-comes-to-washington/

thanks for the update.

phree
04-19-2008, 11:06 AM

I agree. A few minutes of his time would have a huge impact.

I'm going.

ItsTime
04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I am sure Ron Paul will start speaking about the March on TV. He is also due for another state of the campaign thingy on youtube :)

irock1839
04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
i am SO in.

this revolution is FAR from over. people, we have until NOVEMBER. let's light a fire!

Revolution9
04-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I will be there with guitar in tow.

Best
Randy

RonPaulVolunteer
04-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Just spoke with Marc Scibilia. He said if he's invited, he'll be there for sure! Who do we talk to about this?

ItsTime
04-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Who is working on getting speakers there? Anyone know Drew Carey?

TruePatriot44
04-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Invite Jesse Ventura.

Gin
04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Who is working on getting speakers there? Anyone know Drew Carey?

Deborah here on the Forum has been the one with all the info so far... I have just been passing it along....PM her about it... maybe have her start a thread listing suggestions from the troops to keep it all in one thread...

garrettwombat
04-19-2008, 04:43 PM
im in

RonPaulVolunteer
04-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Let's keep this bumped so the irregulars see it when they come in.

AFM
04-19-2008, 09:09 PM
LETS all just YELL
FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gin
04-20-2008, 05:40 AM
.bump

phree
04-20-2008, 07:06 AM
march

RonPaulVolunteer
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
For FREEDOM!!

TRosen75
04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Bump!

yongrel
04-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Pick another city, and then I'll think about going. Unless you get 400k people to show up, a rally looks like nothing. It just makes it more difficult for the tourists to walk from the Air & Space museum to Museum of Natural History.

amy31416
04-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Pick another city, and then I'll think about going. Unless you get 400k people to show up, a rally looks like nothing. It just makes it more difficult for the tourists to walk from the Air & Space museum to Museum of Natural History.

They need a drool icon. Did you go when you were in DC?

yongrel
04-20-2008, 03:06 PM
They need a drool icon. Did you go when you were in DC?

I grew up with a rocket scientist father, so I've been to the A&S Smithsonian far too often.

amy31416
04-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I grew up with a rocket scientist father, so I've been to the A&S Smithsonian far too often.

Lucky bastard. :p

rational thinker
04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
1.) LOL!
2.) I think we can get that amount of people, if Ron Paul were to make another video message stating plain clear that this will happen, put it on their website, email to all supporters, get it on the MySpace blog, and then we make it viral. If we make it as viral as the vid back in Feb (remember the one YouTube wouldn't update views with), then we can start something really big early on. Otherwise, it will be a flop with 10,000 crazy anarchists protesting taxes at the Capitol to the tune of Frank Zappa music.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM

I expect 1.2 million...

DeadtoSin
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm not doubting any number at the moment, but is there any way to accurately gauge how many are planning/hoping to go?

ronpaulhawaii
04-21-2008, 12:18 PM

I personally could care less how it looks. After going to the GW Affair, I was reminded of the many positive reasons for such a gathering. The backdrop is a powerful inspiration to those who attend, and there are many who have not had a good reason to visit DC. For how many, will this be a once in a lifetime journey? To go, for such patriotic reasons, will leave lasting memories to treasure during low points in our uphill battle to take back this country. The r3VOLution march is in DC on July 12, 2008. Naysayers be damned...

I expect 1.2 million...

Whil I hope your expectations are met, mine are a bit lower;)

It is gonna be great, one way or the other, BE THERE

DeadtoSin
04-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm wanting to come, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I'm not a big traveller. I've only ever been to Zimbabwe, and my church planned all of that out.

I could probably take a bus to DC for cheap, and then a taxi to my hotel. Then I could meet up with you guys by taxi at the meeting spot.

So I'd need money for food for a few days, a bus ticket, hotel, and taxi fare. What else?

ronpaulhawaii
04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm wanting to come, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I'm not a big traveller. I've only ever been to Zimbabwe, and my church planned all of that out.

I could probably take a bus to DC for cheap, and then a taxi to my hotel. Then I could meet up with you guys by taxi at the meeting spot.

So I'd need money for food for a few days, a bus ticket, hotel, and taxi fare. What else?

Where are you coming from? People will start pooling resources. DC has a good subway system.

JS4Pat
04-21-2008, 01:35 PM

I really think Meetup Groups around the country need to look at Chartering Busses for their areas.

Operation ????

Andrew-Austin
04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Haha thats my birthday... Well who knows I might be able to make it, wouldn't be that bad of a way to spend a b-day. :p

DeadtoSin
04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll be coming from McKinney, Texas. Its basically connected to Dallas. I found a ticket from McKinney to DC for 77 dollars if I paid ahead of time.

rational thinker
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I think that all meet up groups should contact all active and deactivated Ron Paul supporters. If we get over 200K people, that'll be so huge it'll be covered by the media.

ronpaulhawaii
04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I really think Meetup Groups around the country need to look at Chartering Busses for their areas.

Operation ????

Yep agreed, and we'll need to start using the r3vmarch sub-forum more, for this kind of stuff, and co-ordinating with the www.revolutionmarch.com (http://www.revolutionmarch.com) forums (http://www.forum.lamp.revolutionmarch.com/)... I encourage people to sign the pledge (http://www.revolutionmarch.com/join.aspx?ru=%7e%2fuser%2fpledge.aspx) and join the growing list of volunteers. Their website needs a bit of updating but here is an informative page - Logistics (http://www.revolutionmarch.com/logistics/Default.aspx?rnd=1497654757)

Haha thats my birthday... Well who knows I might be able to make it, wouldn't be that bad of a way to spend a b-day. :p

:cool: - I wonder how many b'days we'll have? and what a mass rendition of "HB to You" will sound like?, a chorus of cats...

I'll be coming from McKinney, Texas. Its basically connected to Dallas. I found a ticket from McKinney to DC for 77 dollars if I paid ahead of time.

Sounds like a good price. I think the charter buses will be a better bet for many, and I'd look into area MU's plans. I'd imagine a long trip, with a bus full of us types, would be an adventure in itself. For sure, everyone will be coming every which way, incl. loose...

Primbs
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Some people have expressed interest in campgrounds. Prince William County forest has a large campground that is about 25 miles to DC.

It is near the Quantico Marine Base.

http://www.nps.gov/prwi/

There are more campgrounds in the Fredericksburg area of Virginia, about 70 minutes to D.C.

http://www.fredericksburgkoa.com/

I don't have the website for Presidential Campground nearby.
Here is a link with info.
http://www.loudfrog.com/itemdetail.aspx?detailID=58464

These would be good for people coming from the South.

There are other campgrounds for people coming from the west and north.

I will try to get more info.

ronpaulhawaii
04-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Some people have expressed interest in campgrounds. Prince William County forest has a large campground that is about 25 miles to DC.

There are more campgrounds in the Fredericksburg area of Virginia, about 70 minutes to D.C.

Gin has a post around here, somewhere, about campgrounds, I suggest starting a new thread for that topic in the r3vmarch sub-forum...

Gin
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Another cheap flight for the southwest to DC is through Airtran Airways....you can get a ticket for as low as $50 flying into BWI (Baltimore) Alot of folks are planning on using their stimulus check to pay for their trip.... There are several campgrounds in the area that have cabins that those who are flying in could use and they have shuttle busses into DC....:D

ItsTime
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Operation Crap Load of People :D

Operation ????

Gin
04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.nps.gov/gree/ Greenbelt Park's campground for only $16.
2 miles from the Greenbelt Metro station on the GREEN line.

http://www.capitolkoa.com/ wooded or open tent site, a pull-through RV site that accommodates RV rigs up to 70 feet with 50 Amp service, a camping cabin or cottage for 2 to 8 occupants, or a camping lodge complete with a kitchen and bathroom.

http://www.aquiapines.com/ $42 - $53 per night depending on type of site

All of these have group sites for less than $10 per person.....

Several sites listed here...... http://dc.about.com/od/daytripsgetaways/a/CampingMDVA.htm

Gin
04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Gin has a post around here, somewhere, about campgrounds, I suggest starting a new thread for that topic in the r3vmarch sub-forum...

I posted a few of the sites, but will look for the thread and post it.... It was in Revolution March..... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1408465#post1408465

ItsTime
04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Gin thanks for all your hard work. May I make a suggestion? Start a new thread with all your info on places to stay and another for cheap transportation. (unless you already have and I missed it lol)

Gin
04-21-2008, 04:18 PM
It's my pleasure...any way I can help, I will be glad to.... it's done... I put them in the March forum... should I put one in this one too, since both places get comments and in case they get lost???

Gin thanks for all your hard work. May I make a suggestion? Start a new thread with all your info on places to stay and another for cheap transportation. (unless you already have and I missed it lol)

RonPaulVolunteer
04-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Many people don't come here often, so let's keep this thread bumped.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
The forum is alive again!!! I had to dig down through several pages to pump this...

WTG PA!!

Highstreet
04-23-2008, 12:08 AM

Just take camping gear, tent and such, and hitch rides from nearest campsite with the other Paulunteers.

RonPaulwillWin
04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I'll be there. I'm going to coordinate with my pasadena (#1 baby) and LA meetup groups to provide transportation to people from socal.

RonPaulwillWin
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
IMO, we need to focus most of our efforts on this from now till the rally. We need to make a viral YouTube video and override Digg's bury brigade (we've managed to do it before), because once it gets on Digg, that's a guaranteed 20,000 views and that will start a huge domino effect. We can also get it on Reddit and everyone should post it on their MySpace and Facebook.

Oh, btw, FaceBook just added a new feature in which if you Digg any article, you can feed it to everyone on your friends list, so **wink wink**, let's get the show rollin'!

check you're pm

enjoiskaterguy
04-23-2008, 01:40 AM
I going for sure!!!! Power to the people

Chibioz
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
I want to go!

Hoover Dog 1957
04-23-2008, 02:36 AM
I've always wanted a reason to visit DC now I have one.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Marc Scibilia is coming if invited.

flames2dust77
04-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I am trying to organize a caravan/convoy from the west coast. I am already in contact with some meetup members. Personally mine would include the phoenix metro area and southern cali. anyone have any ideas?

ronpaulhawaii
04-23-2008, 11:59 AM
I am trying to organize a caravan/convoy from the west coast. I am already in contact with some meetup members. Personally mine would include the phoenix metro area and southern cali. anyone have any ideas?

There is a thread here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133906

I saw the date go through the phoenix MU site yesterday, if you need help contacting, pm...

RonPaulVolunteer
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
bump

teshuah
04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
ah man... i don't feel like giving birth on the road this time.... baby's due july 16th... gonna have to pass on this one :(