PDA

View Full Version : Slims Jims at the gas pump !

Ronstock '08
08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Most of the BP, Shell, and Exxon stations have a little clear plastic box at the gas pumps which hold their credit card applications. Those little boxes just so happen to be the perfect size to hold a few Slim Jims! It almost looks like they were MADE to display Slim Jims. It would be a shame to NOT use them for this purpose, lol.

Do it, then post a pic. (I didn't have my camera handy)

belian78
08-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I dont know the legality of that. IMO it would be better to just approach the people at the pumps and ask them if they've heard of RP. if not, ask them if they'd be open at all to learning a little more about him.

i know it's stupid, but people actually will let something like that stop them from looking into someone just cause they're having a bad day and then see that.

course, i could be way off base, and not know what i'm talking about. :cool:

Cowlesy
08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Convinced the security guard at Duane Reade (similiar to Rite Aid/Walgreens) last night after the RP Birthday party that Ron Paul was his guy. All it took was wearing a sticker.

It's all about spreading the message.

nullvalu
08-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Most of the BP, Shell, and Exxon stations have a little clear plastic box at the gas pumps which hold their credit card applications. Those little boxes just so happen to be the perfect size to hold a few Slim Jims! It almost looks like they were MADE to display Slim Jims. It would be a shame to NOT use them for this purpose, lol.

Do it, then post a pic. (I didn't have my camera handy)

I had this same idea the other day when i was at the pump! I'd say only do it if those clear plastic things are already empty (don't toss out what was in there!) haha.. but seriously, i wouldn't worry about the legality of it.. it's not vandalism or anything..

I even thought of putting some in the envelope dispensers at ATM machines.. :D

Roxi
08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
don't forget you can put liberty cards in the credit card slots at gas pumps too

ronpaulhawaii
08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
or trifolds in the "free" newsboxes, ie "penneysaver", "weekender" ans whatnot

CAKochenash
08-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I even thought of putting some in the envelope dispensers at ATM machines.. :D

this would more than likely cause the envelope dispenser to "fault" thus raising a flag at the network thats driving the machine..in turn, they would call someone out to look at the machine....just a heads up...

purepaloma
08-21-2007, 10:42 AM
What are the slim jims ?

LibertyEagle
08-21-2007, 10:52 AM
What are the slim jims ?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/
scroll down to see them.

You can order a bunch of them from 1-800-RON-PAUL at no charge, if you're wanting to pass them out.

nullvalu
08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
this would more than likely cause the envelope dispenser to "fault" thus raising a flag at the network thats driving the machine..in turn, they would call someone out to look at the machine....just a heads up...

Noo... I don't mean feed them inside the actual ATM machine.. Usually next to the ATM machine is a box that has deposit envelopes.. I mean put them in that box.. :P