PDA

View Full Version : National Convention

christagious
04-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Okay, I'm kinda confused. I've read that we have a lot of guys taking over the state conventions to go to the national one, so seriously, realistically, what can we expect at the Rep. Nat'l Convention?

I've pretty much given up on the current election because I'm 99.99999% sure that McCain is the nominee, am I right? So now I've converted my energy to the future of this revolution?

So what's going on?

Change
04-17-2008, 10:02 PM
From my understanding Ron Paul is going and so are his delegates. It should be fun! Who knows what will happen, yes McCain has the most delegates and the required amount to get the official nomination at the convention. I don't know who said this quote "90% of success is just showing up".

Follow your heart.

amy31416
04-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Okay, I'm kinda confused. I've read that we have a lot of guys taking over the state conventions to go to the national one, so seriously, realistically, what can we expect at the Rep. Nat'l Convention?

I've pretty much given up on the current election because I'm 99.99999% sure that McCain is the nominee, am I right? So now I've converted my energy to the future of this revolution?

So what's going on?

It is a bit confusing, the whole reasoning behind the delegates and getting to the convention is to make it known that the American people and, especially, the Republican party is not happy with the direction this country has taken. It's no longer about winning, but about the message.

So yeah, you're right, and you're right to convert your energy to the future of the revolution. But the delegates and those attempting to be delegates are also right. I don't know the intricacies of the delegate process. Some here do, but it's my understanding that delegates actually affect the platform of the GOP. So the delegate process is worthwhile, but so is the "future."

And the future? My definition of the future of this revolution is to get allies into Congress, the Senate, even Mayors, Governors, dog-catchers--everything. To steal and butcher a comment from the environmental movement: Think nationally, act locally.

As the "4th branch" of the government, we're responsible to know who we're voting for and hold them accountable.

That said, my direction is to support many of the Congressional candidates running on similar platforms. People like BJ Lawson, Vern McKinley, Amit Singh, Brent Sanders, et al.

sratiug
04-18-2008, 12:53 AM

So what's going on?

There is still a chance to get the nomination. Food prices are up worldwide 40% in the past year with riots in some places, bans on food exports in others. Since food is the only thing we make here anymore, that could be good for business and bad for hungry americans.

Ron Paul has a new book out. I hope he'll be on tv a lot. Everyone that watched the debates has to be realizing Ron Paul was right. The troops are staying in Iraq and McCain can't pretend he's bringing them home with the surge no longer working. His position requires him to keep them there while there is fighting.

Add to that Obama making a fool of himself lately and it adds up to President Ron Paul 2008!!!

Conza88
04-18-2008, 02:31 AM
I have faith. (Not religious btw - organized religion is for suckers) I have faith in man.

“Remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Socalists are the ones who condemn mankind, think men need to be ruled and coerced. That war is a product of human nature. --- BULLSHITTtt.... Self interest is : i.e the bastards in power, abuse it.

Anyway, there is a revolution going on. THERE IS HOPE LEFT@! To deny that, is too deny reality. Is it over - NO! If you think it is, that is to deny reality!@

Athan
04-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I have faith. (Not religious btw - organized religion is for suckers) I have faith in man.

Let me give you a heads up that faith in man is going to disappoint you. I DO have faith in the Ron Paul supporters though, but we must have persistence and more communication.

Conza88
04-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Let me give you a heads up that faith in man is going to disappoint you. I DO have faith in the Ron Paul supporters though, but we must have persistence and more communication.

Thanks. :) I've just read Atlas Shrugged, so I'm kind of on that tilt. :( I guess, I could clarify that the only real men out there, are the Ron Paul supporters ;) (ladies too) :D

GigiBowman
04-19-2008, 07:17 AM
A delegate from NC on another message board just got a letter that it would cost between $3,000 and $5,000 to be a delegate at the National Convention:

Congratulations! You will be receiving delegate information in the mail after the State Convention. Yes, the meeting after business concludes Saturday, June 7, 2008 at the State Convention is mandatory and some of these issues will be addressed there. The $3,000 to $5,000 is accurately described. Please feel free to contact me in the meantime with any further questions.

rancher89
04-19-2008, 07:31 AM
A delegate from NC on another message board just got a letter that it would cost between $3,000 and $5,000 to be a delegate at the National Convention:

That's me and guys, as soon as I can tear myself away from this daggone forum, I'm creating a chip in and my fellow delegate from NC will be doing so as well. I'll post both here under it's own thread in the national convention subforum(grassroots campaigning) Just check new posts....I'm still having sticker shock at the possible 5K cost, 3.5K was what I was figuring, high end....must be a really big required donation.......