PDA

View Full Version : My new video (and it's only 8 mins)

BLS
08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Government Spending.

It's kind of a rough draft, but you'll get the point.

Thoughts??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BzAAONKJM

rodent
08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Government Spending.

Thoughts??

I thought our tax dollars only paid the interest on the federal debt?

BLS
08-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I thought our tax dollars only paid the interest on the federal debt?

that's federal income tax only.

BLS
08-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh. Come On! I worked my ass off all weekend on this thing. I was up till 2 am to finish it last night.

I'm just gonna keep bumping it then. :D

nullvalu
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
I think that's pretty good, I was thinking we needed a video that focused specifically on fiscal responsibility. I think you could probably take it a little farther though (not make it longer), but a little more edgy.. just a suggestion.. You would probably steer people in the financial industry towards this.. maybe to an avg. joe this video would already be edgy.. but overall i think it was well put-together.. i liked the '88 footage :)

BLS
08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I think that's pretty good, I was thinking we needed a video that focused specifically on fiscal responsibility. I think you could probably take it a little farther though (not make it longer), but a little more edgy.. just a suggestion.. You would probably steer people in the financial industry towards this.. maybe to an avg. joe this video would already be edgy.. but overall i think it was well put-together.. i liked the '88 footage :)

Hey, I'm always up for suggestions.
Can you elaborate, or give me an example?

it is a rough draft, so I'm game for modifying it.

Elwar
08-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Nice video.

I kept waiting for your numbers to show the amount of spending in 2000, the amount of income taxes last year and show that if we took away the income tax we'd just have to go back to 2000 spending.

BLS
08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Nice video.

I kept waiting for your numbers to show the amount of spending in 2000, the amount of income taxes last year and show that if we took away the income tax we'd just have to go back to 2000 spending.

that's a good idea.

nullvalu
08-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Nice video.

I think that's a good idea.. try to show it on a graph or something (KISS)..

Maybe have some kind information on how the Fed is pumping tons of money into the markets to artificially keep them from crashing.. :D

noxagol
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Damn dude. I saw a lot of repeats in that list of departments. I bet they are probably actually repeats of departments that get multiple funds.

BLS
08-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Damn dude. I saw a lot of repeats in that list of departments. I bet they are probably actually repeats of departments that get multiple funds.

I thought that the repeats were mistakes too.
They ARE actually different departments.

http://www.lib.lsu.edu/gov/alpha

noxagol
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I thought that the repeats were mistakes too.
They ARE actually different departments.

http://www.lib.lsu.edu/gov/alpha

Yeah. Go figure. What we need in our government is a guy to go through EVERYTHING, US Code, Departments, EVERYTHING!, and get rid of shit that isn't used anymore, unconstitutional shit, redundant shit, inefficient shit, and consolidate lots of things. Monumental task I know, but shit, we NEED it.

BLS
08-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah. Go figure. What we need in our government is a guy to go through EVERYTHING, US Code, Departments, EVERYTHING!, and get rid of shit that isn't used anymore, unconstitutional shit, redundant shit, inefficient shit, and consolidate lots of things. Monumental task I know, but shit, we NEED it.

I agree. I think that's why we're all here. :cool:

The more I research this stuff, the more I'm flabbergasted at what a MONUMENTAL waste our government is.

noxagol
08-21-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree. I think that's why we're all here. :cool:

The more I research this stuff, the more I'm flabbergasted at what a MONUMENTAL waste our government is.

Yeah. Well part of the problem, I suspect a large part of the problem, is that things get put in that are relevant at the time, at least on some level, and they never get taken out. Like, according to a friend of mine, their is a luxury tax on our phones that was implemented to help pay for the Spanish-American War, and was never taken away.

Revolution9
08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Government Spending.

Thoughts??

Pretty good. The scrolling list was causing optical illusions and making the rest of the page swim it was so damned long. There is to my sensibility a minor disconnect between the RP half and the first half. Maybe start intoducing Paul through quotes in the first part. I do hate to criticize at all considering this is your personal effort. I think it can stand as s.. You did ask for thought so the one I hAd while watching is above.

best
Randy

maggiebott
08-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I liked it and thought it was overwhelming but isn't that the whole point of the video? Our economy is down the shitter and your film screams these facts.

Bravo!

BLS
08-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the criticism. It's what I need to make better videos.

Thank you!