PDA

View Full Version : Woman uses her aborted fetuses for art project [Mod: Read Article; Creative Fiction]

brandon
04-17-2008, 04:01 PM
I am for the most part pro-choice, but this completely disgusts me. Read this article.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24513

Beginning next Tuesday, Shvarts will be displaying her senior art project, a documentation of a nine-month process during which she artificially inseminated herself "as often as possible" while periodically taking abortifacient drugs to induce miscarriages. Her exhibition will feature video recordings of these forced miscarriages as well as preserved collections of the blood from the process.

Kraig
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Hehe

Is a display stand worse than a dumpster?

brandon
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Hehe

Is a display stand worse than a dumpster?

What disgusts me is that she had several abortions intentionally. I can understand a situation where a 15 year old girl is careless, gets pregnant, and decides to have an abortion after speaking with her family and councelors. I cant understand someone doing this on purpose....several times.

amy31416
04-17-2008, 04:08 PM
That is seriously repulsive. What a psycho.

Gadsden Flag
04-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, I am a pro-life person. I guess that is where I disagree with a lot of other libertarians.

I am all about freedom of expression and freedom of speech. I really can't think of the last time something I saw or heard offended me. However..this is quite sickening. I think I might even be a little bit offended.

brandon
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I really can't think of the last time something I saw or heard offended me. However..this is quite sickening. I think I might even be a little bit offended.

Agreed. I have even spent some time on 4chan. If you dont know what that is, it is basically a collection of the most depraved and f'd up images on the internet. It has nothing on this women.

Kludge
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking about starting a "hit list" for if I ever snap and want to control the people I murder.

This woman would be around #5

nate895
04-17-2008, 04:21 PM
This is one of the few things that sickens me that it is legal. We, as a society, forbid harmless activities and instead let people post aborted fetuses as part of an "art" project. The PATRIOT Act lets the government enter my home with a warrant written on a napkin, the REAL ID lets them track me, then they forbid from smoking a certain distance from buildings, and finally they forbid from ordering medium rare hamburger, no to mention the drug laws, all the while letting a depraved lunatic create life to merely destroy it.

constituent
04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
"[Shvarts' exhibit] turns what is a serious decision for women into an absurdism," Rahman said. "It discounts the gravity of the situation that is abortion."

i could not disagree more, and really like the idea. i'm surprised that the pro-life lobby isn't all enthused about this one... reminds me of their freakshow gigantic protest posters and billboards... they could do traveling exhibits in public areas of college campuses, outside their churches and at the doors of abortion clinics across the land!

ItsTime
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I think its a health hazard and because it is this is illegal.

brandon
04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
reminds me of their freakshow gigantic protest posters and billboards...

lol, it is kinda similar. Those lunatics came to my school last october with thier giant fetus billboards. I gave them slim jims and converted them all to Ron Paul. So never again let it be said that the truthers and white nationalists were the most extreme section of RP's support. :D

Kludge
04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
This is one of the few things that sickens me that it is legal. We, as a society, forbid harmless activities and instead let people post aborted fetuses as part of an "art" project. The PATRIOT Act lets the government enter my home with a warrant written on a napkin, the REAL ID lets them track me, then they forbid from smoking a certain distance from buildings, and finally they forbid from ordering medium rare hamburger, no to mention the drug laws, all the while letting a depraved lunatic create life to merely destroy it.

Hmmm.... I just had a flashback to when Sander Cohen of Bioshock has the player go around killing victims and then take pictures of their corpse to display as a type of montage.

amy31416
04-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I was so repulsed by it that I did a bit of research, and I've read a couple sources that claim it's "performance art" and that she did not really do this. There are articles that state that she did, and some that she didn't.

Either way, she's an attention whore and a psychopath.

Gadsden Flag
04-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I was so repulsed by it that I did a bit of research, and I've read a couple sources that claim it's "performance art" and that she did not really do this. There are articles that state that she did, and some that she didn't.

Either way, she's an attention whore and a psychopath.

It does seem a little too far out to be real.

Highland
04-17-2008, 05:22 PM
God bless the babies that were sacrificed for this public display. Many of us would love each one of her babies....especially those of us who do not have the blessing of children. God Bless her heart that it may know of this sacrifice.

pinkmandy
04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
:(

No words...

pcosmar
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
God bless the babies that were sacrificed for this public display. Many of us would love each one of her babies....especially those of us who do not have the blessing of children. God Bless her heart that it may know of this sacrifice.

With you there.
I find the whole concept of this exhibit so offensive I am have trouble even imagining it.
It is stuff like this that makes me want to give up on the human race.

Very disturbing.
I hope this depravity is an aberration, and not a sign of things to come.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-17-2008, 05:37 PM
nt

amy31416
04-17-2008, 06:05 PM
It's fake "performance" art from the warped mind of a pseudo artist.

http://www.yale.edu/opa/

Statement by Helaine S. Klasky — Yale University, Spokesperson

New Haven, Conn. — April 17, 2008

Ms. Shvarts is engaged in performance art. Her art project includes visual representations, a press release and other narrative materials. She stated to three senior Yale University officials today, including two deans, that she did not impregnate herself and that she did not induce any miscarriages. The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body.

She is an artist and has the right to express herself through performance art.

Had these acts been real, they would have violated basic ethical standards and raised serious mental and physical health concerns.

Kalifornia
04-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I just vomited in my mouth a little bit right there...

brandon
04-17-2008, 06:09 PM

Ms. Shvarts is engaged in performance art. Her art project includes visual representations, a press release and other narrative materials. She stated to three senior Yale University officials today, including two deans, that she did not impregnate herself and that she did not induce any miscarriages. The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body.

Had these acts been real, they would have violated basic ethical standards and raised serious mental and physical health concerns.

Thank god. I can kind of appreciate this as a piece of perfomance art. It will make pro-choice people see a different side of the abortion debate (such as myself). I dont have any problems with this anymore.

Highland
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the update...been thinking about it ever since I saw the post.

Mr. Goldbug
04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Wow.

Carehn
04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
it must be the end of times.

asgardshill
04-17-2008, 07:19 PM
And this twisted sicko graduates from Yale this year. Does the creature honestly believe that any reputable company is going to hire her in ANY capacity?

Mommy and Daddy must be muy proud ... (/sarc)

christagious
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking about starting a "hit list" for if I ever snap and want to control the people I murder.

This woman would be around #5

Please bump her up on that list of yours.

I would throw a party if I heard she was killed for this

christagious
04-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I find this painfully disturbing, and hurtful.
My wife had a miscarriage at 19 weeks in 2006, one more week and it would have been considered a stillbirth. It was the absolute most painful thing I've ever had to live through in my life, and I was only 20 years old when I had to deal with that. Now we have a beautiful 9 month old girl. But it was the hardest thing I ever had to deal with and I considered suicide a few times. But now I'm a happy man.

I can't wrap my head around why somebody would intentionally do this multiple times for "art".

**EDIT** i took out the "i hope she dies" part since first story isn't true

amy31416
04-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Please guys, read the thread all the way through or at least post #19

christagious
04-17-2008, 07:26 PM

Maybe I should have read this before pouring my heart out in the last post?
Thank God she's not really doing that.

sorry about that amy

DAFTEK
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
CRAP! I was looking for the art project :D

amy31416
04-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Maybe I should have read this before pouring my heart out in the last post?
Thank God she's not really doing that.

sorry about that amy

No problemo. It's a really disgusting concept and I was pretty mortified myself. I felt kinda dopey in thinking there was any merit to it when I first read it.

Mckarnin
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry that you experienced something so terrible.

I find this painfully disturbing, and hurtful.
My wife had a miscarriage at 19 weeks in 2006, one more week and it would have been considered a stillbirth. It was the absolute most painful thing I've ever had to live through in my life, and I was only 20 years old when I had to deal with that. Now we have a beautiful 9 month old girl. But it was the hardest thing I ever had to deal with and I considered suicide a few times. But now I'm a happy man.

I can't wrap my head around why somebody would intentionally do this multiple times for "art".

I really do hope she dies a horrible death.

christagious
04-17-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm sorry that you experienced something so terrible.

Thank you very much. That was in 2006, and it's sometimes painful to think about it, but if it wasn't for that happening we wouldn't have our daughter now, and she's a beautiful little booger and I love her more than anything, so I guess things happen for a reason

porcupine
04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, I am a pro-life person. I guess that is where I disagree with a lot of other libertarians.

A lot of us are pro-life :). At least half of libertarians I would say

Kludge
04-17-2008, 09:26 PM
A lot of us are pro-life :). At least half of libertarians I would say

There's a demographics poll somewhere on this...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=109611

brandon
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Dear mod:

If you are going to edit the title of my thread, could you at least have the decency to correct my typo by changing "women" to "woman"? Thank you :)

Maria
04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
That is seriously repulsive. What a psycho.

I totally agree. Something is seriously not right with this girl...:confused:

asgardshill
04-18-2008, 05:20 PM
The creature who did this is now claiming that it ISN'T "creative fiction".

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24559

Lock her up, somewhere.

amy31416
04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
The creature who did this is now claiming that it ISN'T "creative fiction".

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24559

Lock her up, somewhere.

Interesting, yet still repulsive. I hope Yale kicks her ass out just for being an idiot--true or not.

So, the only thing I can say is that if she actually did it the way she describes, she does not know if it was an abortion or a heavy period. Abortifacients would cause heavier bleeding and cramping. The few herbal methods generally work by causing hard uterine contractions. If it was RU-486, that would have a similar effect.

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Dear mod:

If you are going to edit the title of my thread, could you at least have the decency to correct my typo by changing "women" to "woman"? Thank you :)

Don't know who edited but I'll go fix the typo:)

jclay2
04-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Is this girl still at yale. The thing I read said she was at davenport college.

brandon
04-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Don't know who edited but I'll go fix the typo:)

Thanks!

amy31416
04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Is this girl still at yale. The thing I read said she was at davenport college.

Davenport College is one of the 12 colleges of Yale University. It's like a Penn State has many branches all over PA, called, say Penn State-Behrend, but just referred to as Behrend.

SeanEdwards
04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Lock her up, somewhere.

She didn't commit a crime.

jclay2
04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by asgardshill

Lock her up, somewhere.

Don't worry, I am sure this girl has problems that disturb her more than we can imagine.

asgardshill
04-19-2008, 11:02 AM
She didn't commit a crime.

Never said she did. (At least one that is on "the books"). But rubber rooms are usually secure facilities - I recommend she get an extended stay in the best that Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company can construct.

satchelmcqueen
04-19-2008, 08:05 PM
sickening

bkreigh
04-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Sara Rahman ’09 said, in her opinion, Shvarts is abusing her constitutional right to do what she chooses with her body.

This line out of the article made me scratch my head.