PDA

View Full Version : Just got the book...

RedLightning
04-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Got it from Amazon.com I'm looking forward to reading it.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/Red93Lightning/ronpaulsbook.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/Red93Lightning/Ronpaulsmanifesto.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/Red93Lightning/lettherevolutionbegin.jpg

wowabunga
04-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Somewhere someone posted the first 4 pages or so... anyone have that link handy ????

kirkblitz
04-17-2008, 05:15 PM
go to amazon.com and go to the books page its first 6 pages i think

MRoCkEd
04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
yeah looks nice

nullvalu
04-17-2008, 09:43 PM
got the email mine shipped from amazon.com today! can't wait..

0zzy
04-17-2008, 10:38 PM
what is the reading list. give me the reading list! (last chapter, or w.e)

Conza88
04-17-2008, 11:38 PM

When you find it, post it in the Must Read Books thread? :D thx

chelu
04-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Just checked my bank account and my available balance is reflecting the Amazon payment. I read what Thomas Woods said about Amazon's system, over on the LRC blog and I hope he's spot-on about the delivery time estimates. Went into my Amazon account and I'm still seeing 6/15 - 6/29 estimate ship date. That would really suck, but these posts give me hope that my bank account is probably the first sign that the book will be on its way very soon.

RedLightning
04-18-2008, 12:03 AM

His recommended list is basically what we have in the Must Read books thread, in the General politics section. He recommended What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray Rothbard as a good introduction book for economics...
He sometimes adds a little description of the book in his list.

parke
04-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Is there a part where he tells Patriots to defend liberties against traitors?

That may be to long of a list to cope with.. anybody willing to give a hand?

RedLightning
04-18-2008, 01:08 AM
^ I don't know I'm only on page 25, Its a short book, but I'm reading it slower then normal, making sure I get every point and sentence understood. The last lines though are, "If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking. Let the Revolution begin."

The first three books recomended are-

Armentano, Dominick. Antitrust and Monopoly: Anatomy of a Policy Failure, 2nd ed.
Oakland, Calif.: Independent Institute, 1990

Bacevich, Andrew J. The New American Militarism: How Americans Are Seduced by War. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006

Bamford, James. A Pretext for War: 9/11, Iraq, and the Abuse of America’s Intelligence Agencies. New York: Anchor, 2005

I'm going to bed now...

Conza88
04-18-2008, 02:18 AM
^ I don't know I'm only on page 25, Its a short book, but I'm reading it slower then normal, making sure I get every point and sentence understood. The last lines though are, "If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking. Let the Revolution begin."

The first three books recomended are-

Armentano, Dominick. Antitrust and Monopoly: Anatomy of a Policy Failure, 2nd ed.
Oakland, Calif.: Independent Institute, 1990

Bacevich, Andrew J. The New American Militarism: How Americans Are Seduced by War. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006

Bamford, James. A Pretext for War: 9/11, Iraq, and the Abuse of America’s Intelligence Agencies. New York: Anchor, 2005

I'm going to bed now...

Ok, I read something along the last lines are: Fre... {THEN I STOPPED READING, CUS ITS A SPOILER?}

[B]At least give people some kind of warning.

(Goes back to being happy -> :D)