PDA

View Full Version : Now I can see why VETs Support McPain

rpfan2008
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Because they can't believe he can do this to them

John McCain, who from the early 1980s worked hard to establish himself as one of the Senate's shining champions of Vietnam veterans' issues, completed his betrayal of the Iraq-era troops today. Brandon Friedman of vetvoice.com has the details:

Yesterday VoteVets.org delivered a petition with 30,000 signatures to the office of Sen. John McCain. Through that petition, we asked him to support Sen. Jim Webb's new GI Bill. And less than 24 hours later, we have an answer:

"Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, seemed to give a thumbs down to bipartisan legislation that would greatly expand educational benefits for members of the military returning from Iraq and Afghanistan under the GI Bill ..."

The reason for McCain's refusal to support the bill is about the most disturbing rationale one could imagine. ... Officials in charge of Pentagon personnel worry that a more generous and expansive GI Bill would create an incentive for troops to get out of the military and go to college....

ht tp://www.alternet.org/story/82597/

Alternet's ranking: Link (http://www.quantcast.com/search/alternet.org)

kirkblitz
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
all it takes is one bullet....

orlandoinfl
04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
all it takes is one bullet....

Like the FBI much?

Kotin
04-17-2008, 02:38 PM
this is just ridiculous...even Huckabee or Fred Thompson would have been better.

how did we get stuck with this jackass?

honestly..

Kludge
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Like the FBI much?

Murdering McCain would be more patriotic then killing hundreds of "Islamo-fascists".

liberteebell
04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
The reason for McCain's refusal to support the bill is about the most disturbing rationale one could imagine. ... Officials in charge of Pentagon personnel worry that a more generous and expansive GI Bill would create an incentive for troops to get out of the military and go to college....

And everyone's upset about obomba's elitist comments??? How is this not all over the news?? Sheesh. I wonder how we got stuck with this piece of scum too.

mdh
04-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Hillary, Obama, McCain... they're all the same.

ClayTrainor
04-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Murdering McCain would be more patriotic then killing hundreds of "Islamo-fascists".

I agree...

I bet an FBI agent will pick up on this Topic.

Gadsden Flag
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
^^^ Occasionally I am genuinely scared by some of the members on this forum. I wonder just how crazy you guys are. I know that if somebody decided to do something like that, a lot of us would say 'it was a plant 'by the new world order' or some stupid crap.

mjp1025
04-20-2008, 05:29 PM
THIS vet would never vote for the Madman!

Kludge
04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
^^^ Occasionally I am genuinely scared by some of the members on this forum. I wonder just how crazy you guys are. I know that if somebody decided to do something like that, a lot of us would say 'it was a plant 'by the new world order' or some stupid crap.

I don't believe in "NWO" and I believe John Wilkes Booth to be one of the greatest patriots to have existed (though I disagree with many of his ideas).

mdh
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I wonder just how crazy you guys are.

We're all really, really crazy. You are too, though.

hillbilly123069
04-20-2008, 06:56 PM
I see where the media is starting to pay attention to McWar's short fuse.(Early stage of dementia)
this is just ridiculous...even Huckabee or Fred Thompson would have been better.

how did we get stuck with this jackass?

honestly..