PDA

View Full Version : McCain STOLE idea of tax break on gasoline!

jcarcinogen
04-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Sensationalist? Perhaps but lets digg it. Copy and paste the address into your browser:

digg.com/world_news/McCain_STOLE_idea_of_tax_break_on_gasoline

Broadlighter
04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Stole the idea? Did someone have a copyright on the tax break on gasoline idea?

I don't like McCain, but a tax break on gasoline sounds like a good idea.

Kludge
04-16-2008, 10:43 PM
a tax break on gasoline sounds like a good idea.

THIEF!! I had that idea FIRST!

ninepointfive
04-16-2008, 10:43 PM
But then where do we get the funds for infrastructure in the meantime? Is there a plan for that?

Bradley in DC
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
The last thing I want to do is defend him, but few politicians have original ideas--Dr. Paul has few of them (he just has the right ones!).

Kotin
04-16-2008, 10:53 PM
But then where do we get the funds for infrastructure in the meantime? Is there a plan for that?

are we talking about John McCain?

is there another McCain i should be aware of, who knows something about anything?

Feelgood
04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Stole the idea? Did someone have a copyright on the tax break on gasoline idea?

I don't like McCain, but a tax break on gasoline sounds like a good idea.

It is a great idea, however as RP has stated, the way McCain wants to do it is half-assed. He wants to drop the gas tax for the summer, but then when the summer ends, and the tax is resumed, thats technically a tax increase. RP wants to do away with that tax all together.

End the war in Iraq.
End our Empire, bring all of our troops home, close all of our overseas bases.
Get rid of so many of the Depts that are of no use, DHS, DoE etc etc etc.

There are lots more ways. Ron Paul has gone over these, literally hundreds of times, Im not going to go over them all again. Do some research on RP, youll have your answers. :)

Join The Paul Side
04-17-2008, 05:03 AM
McCain STOLE idea of tax break on gasoline!

You don't actually think that McCain has the ability to have an original idea all on his own, do ya? :rolleyes:

rajibo
04-17-2008, 05:56 AM
You don't actually think that McCain has the ability to have an original idea all on his own, do ya? :rolleyes:

Staying in Iraq for 100 years is a pretty original idea.

FreeStater
04-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Personally I hope McCain steals more of Ron's Ideas. All of them would be nice.

I might consider writing him a letter

"Since you liked that idea from Ron Paul, Here are a couple more you might like"

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
It is a great idea, however as RP has stated, the way McCain wants to do it is half-assed. He wants to drop the gas tax for the summer, but then when the summer ends, and the tax is resumed, thats technically a tax increase.

I think this is great, and McCain is playing with fire. Most people have no idea what taxes they pay. The whole "temporary" idea might backfire.

Join The Paul Side
04-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Staying in Iraq for 100 years is a pretty original idea.

You got me there! :D