PDA

View Full Version : Just Found This SKS!!

Kotin
04-16-2008, 03:42 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/kotin205/sks.jpg

just found it in my attic.

im stoked about it, it is an old chinese SKS.

anybody have any tips on the best ammo to buy for it?

SWATH
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
For an SKS Wolf will be fine, it's about $179/1000

This is what you want:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Wolf_7.62x39_122grn_HP_Poly_Performance.html

The One
04-17-2008, 11:26 AM
You just found it in your attic??? Hmmmm.......

luke-gr
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
FOUND it??

Some guys have all the luck. :)

CountryboyRonPaul
04-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I always go through my closet and find like $20 in coat pockets that I misplaced...

But, this tops anything I've ever found mysteriously lying around my house. :D

Dequeant
04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Careful with it. You don't know what type of baggage comes with that gun. "Hidden" guns should always, at the very least, set off a big red flag.

Either get the police to run the serial number for you, or ONLY use it to defend yourself or family from death or bodily harm..........and by that, i mean if you have any other gun, use it FIRST before you pick up that sks and use it.

The One
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Careful with it. You don't know what type of baggage comes with that gun. "Hidden" guns should always, at the very least, set off a big red flag.

Either get the police to run the serial number for you, or ONLY use it to defend yourself or family from death or bodily harm..........and by that, i mean if you have any other gun, use it FIRST before you pick up that sks and use it.

That's the first thought that went through my mind as well.

Carehn
04-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Its all about the Wolf.

Carehn
04-17-2008, 07:10 PM

DON'T GET THE POLICE!

RedLightning
04-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Nice find!! I wish I could find a gun in my attic. Thought I'll echo what others have said, and check the serial number on it if possible, also remember to take it apart and inspect/clean it before firing it. For ammo go with any Wolf or Bear ammo. Some good priced ammo here- http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_62x39.html

Conza88
04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
DON'T GET THE POLICE!

Best advice given in a long time.:)

Kotin
04-18-2008, 12:19 AM
i found out it was my grandfather's

so its not a legal issue. it fires nice, very powerfull

also i found that Winchester ammo is great!

RedLightning
04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
i found out it was my grandfather's

so its not a legal issue. it fires nice, very powerfull

also i found that Winchester ammo is great!

:D Thats good, just remember American made ammo is more expensive then Russian, if you're just plinking Russian works great.

Kotin
04-18-2008, 12:29 AM
:D Thats good, just remember American made ammo is more expensive then Russian, if you're just plinking Russian works great.

that is what ive heard!

Winchester is much more accurate, but yes, wolf is cheaper for just playing around..

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2008, 12:44 AM
If you don't at the very least run a rod down the bore and past the chamber to check for bore obstructions, then you'll deservedly earn a Darwin Award. You never know if a squib is lodged unless you check for obstructions.