PDA

View Full Version : Convoy to Iowa

sidsquidrick
05-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey, do we want to make a convoy?

We can rent a 7 passenger van in Dallas for 60 bucks a day, less with my military discount. At 15 MPG, we could get there and back with a $400 dollar bill. We could leave on the 10th and return on the 12th. For $100 a head we shouldn't have any problems getting there. At $100 a night, we can use two rooms per van load. You can put up to four adults in every room.

I am used to sleeping in tents with a lot of people (Iraq for 14mos) so it wouldn't bother me. Anyone else like the idea?

If we could get several convoys going from all over the country we may get an even better rental rate from a national car rental company and the hotel where we can all meet.

Lets talk seriously about this.

Sid

JosephTheLibertarian
05-25-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd post of this...

..I'm from NJ, it sounds like a good idea. Where are you from?

sidsquidrick
05-26-2007, 03:51 PM
I am from Oklahoma.

We could come from all over the country though.

lonestarguy
05-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Sounds like yall are talking about headin' up to Ames for the August 11th Strawpoll. Now yall rock! What about this idea, can you take 10 days to a few weeks prior to the Strawpoll and head on up to Iowa to do volunteer work for RP?

Suggestion, if any of ya have vacation time this year that you can dedicate, particularly beginning in mid-late June thru December, to spend in Iowa, you will definitely be needed. We are going to need a surge of volunteers into Iowa this summer to build the RP presidential candidacy. Pay close attention to this forum for announcements concerning the invasion of Iowa. Alert your fellow RP supporters who really want to advance this movement. Join your local meet-up and get plugged in if not already.

We are at a pivot point in history. Iowa is absolutely critical!! I know you all will want to be a part of this effort. So make plans and we'll see you in Iowa within the next many weeks. Cheers, Paul Farris/Austin

IrrigatedPancake
05-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. I'm just outside New Orleans. I'll bring this up at our MeetUp in a couple days.

lonestarguy
05-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Friends,

The movement to advance the candidacy of Ron Paul is well beyond the tipping point. This is truly a peoples movement consisting of a broad-spectrum of the citizenry. There is no turning back. Iowa is the tip of the spear! We are looking to rally hundreds and hundreds of volunteers into the great state of Iowa, beginning early-mid June on into December, when we believe the Iowa Caucus will be conducted. The important Iowa Straw Poll, conducted in Ames, Iowa, on August 11th is the first show of organizational strength amongst the campaigns.

We are now kindly but urgently requesting those Ron Paul supporters who live in the great state of Iowa, as well as those who live in the states that border Iowa within reasonable driving distance, including Omaha, Ne., to kindly inform if they have extra bedroom(s) to house Ron Paul volunteers, beginning early/mid June 07 thru at least December. Please inquire within your contact base of friends and allied groups, such as your local Libertarian Party, churches, etc, who would be able to inquire within their groups about opening up they're homes to incoming Iowa volunteers from across our great country.

So take stock of your own personal situation. Think very seriously about taking your vacation time on the campaign trail advancing the Ron Paul candidacy for president in Iowa. Rest assured, you are needed in Iowa, this cannot be over emphasized. Those that cannot volunteer in Iowa, naturally you will advance the Ron Paul candidacy where you are. So everyone, insure your hooked up to your local meetup group and outreach for Ron Paul.

Pay very close attention to this forum and your meetup group for future announcements regarding the movements advance into Iowa.

Those with spare bedrooms willing to house volunteers please relay name, address, and contact phone numbers to Austin, Tx Meetup-Iowa Support Coordinators paulfarris1957@yahoo.com and Paul Davis (sifu).
Please cc to: sifu78704@gmail.com

Come be on the ground in Iowa this summer and fall and lets defy the pundits and make history. The future depends on you!