PDA

View Full Version : Send "The Revolution: A Manifesto" to all national convention delegates

Ninja Homer
04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
It seems to me that sending a copy of Ron Paul's new book, The Revolution: A Manifesto (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208360567&sr=8-1) would be a good idea, and relatively inexpensive.

2,380 delegates * $15 each = $35,700
2,230 alternates * $15 each = $33,450

With a bulk purchase of this size, I'd think it could be much cheaper.

Maybe the official campaign is planning on doing this already?

For the record, no, I'm not a national delegate looking to get a free copy of the book. :D

hillertexas
04-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I support this idea.
Maybe we could get Ron to inscribe each one to them. That would be awesome....or at least autograph each one for them.

slacker921
04-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Can the Paul campaign get a list of all national delegates from the GOP?? .. if so.. then yeah..
But the national delegates for many states won't be set until June or July?

If they can get that list then they can also cross reference it with their database of donors and volunteers and find how many national delegates are paul supporters. heh. Of course that means the GOP probably has someone in the Paul campaign doing that for them. :(

V3n
04-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Why stop there? Send one to every member of Congress and Senate too!

Eric21ND
04-16-2008, 10:12 AM
I support this idea.
Maybe we could get Ron to inscribe each one to them. That would be awesome....or at least autograph each one for them.
That would be a great idea and also a nice touch of class. :D

Eric21ND
04-16-2008, 10:13 AM
We could put together our own lists if we know who the delegates are. I know I could find out the national delegates of our state.

Ninja Homer
04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Can the Paul campaign get a list of all national delegates from the GOP?? .. if so.. then yeah..
But the national delegates for many states won't be set until June or July?
I'm not sure on this. If I had to guess, it would be either that the Paul campaign is supposed to get a list but doesn't get one, or nobody's supposed to get a list and the McCain campaign gets one.

It would be a good idea to try to get a Paul supporter to every state or local convention where national delegates are being elected, so they can get the names of the national delegates and send the info to official HQ.

Ninja Homer
04-16-2008, 10:24 AM

That'd be great! At the very least, nobody would throw them out because they'd be worth something.

TastyWheat
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
This sounds like a good idea. If nothing else it'll boost his book sales and help his retirement fund. There probably won't be a full slate of delegates and alternates so it won't be terribly expensive. I suggest a DVD too for those who are disinclined to read.

MRoCkEd
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
i like this idea

Todd
04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Are we going to use Paul's funds or another money bomb? :confused:

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Let's do it.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-16-2008, 01:46 PM
We should all be doing this at the local level as well.

hillertexas
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Are we going to use Paul's funds or another money bomb? :confused:

We could do a Chip-in but also allow the Grassroots people to donate a copy to the cause if they want (I know a lot of people ordered multiple copies).

Or we could ask the campaign to pay for it. We would have to work with HQ anyway if we want Ron to sign them.

Or we could pay for the books and ship them to HQ where Ron can sign them and then HQ can mail them out (and pay for the shipping).

Either way, we could do a book donation drive (for the actual books) but where should people ship them?

I guess we need to decide and ask HQ about whether or not it would be possible to have Ron autograph a couple thousand books.

Anyone have any contacts at HQ?

-lotus-
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM

most other senators and congressmen dont even bother reading the bills they are voting on, what makes you think theyd read an actual book? :P

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
can't Ron Paul get copies of his own book much cheaper than retail?

Vet_from_cali
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
not a bad idea.

Vet_from_cali
04-16-2008, 02:40 PM
but would they read it is the question if they got it?

Bruno
04-16-2008, 02:57 PM
but would they read it is the question if they got it?

Ya never know, but most wouldn't throw it away. A book is something tough to part with. You might toss it off to the side, then someone else picks it up and reads 30 seconds of it and is converted for life. :D

Either way, I'm in! :) And I think focusing on the delegates first is a great idea.

I also like that this is a "tangible" donation. If you ask for donation amounts in increments of the $15 book price, people would be likely to jump in and sponsor one book or two (or 100), knowing they have contributed to the actual purchase and delivery of a tangible item(s).

MS0453
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Why not an organization which donates the books to libraries? I know a lot of 'intellectual'-type organizations do that. There's always a sticker/stamp on the inside that says "Donated By Association Blah blah blah".

nate895
04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
It can be sent a few days after my anti-McWar pamphlet.

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
send the audio book to McCain. We don't want to confuse him with having to sound out the big words.

Delivered4000
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Send one to every man, woman, and child in America!

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
has anyone read it yet? I haven't received any of my copies. Just wonder if it is an easy read and worded in a way that some of the McCain National delegates could understand. Big pictures? Maybe an attached coloring book? :D

MRoCkEd
04-16-2008, 06:00 PM
everyone in the world should read this
but to start, delegates and congressman will be fine :)

torchbearer
04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I like this idea.

voytechs
04-16-2008, 07:03 PM
+1

torchbearer
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
active members must be up today, new post are moving fast.

hillertexas
04-18-2008, 01:40 PM
bump

TRosen75
04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Excellent idea!

Stallion
04-18-2008, 02:35 PM
It seems to me that sending a copy of Ron Paul's new book, The Revolution: A Manifesto (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208360567&sr=8-1) would be a good idea, and relatively inexpensive.

For the record, no, I'm not a national delegate looking to get a free copy of the book. :D

I like the idea. However, I highly doubt the official campaign will take it upon themselves to get this done.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I like the idea. However, I highly doubt the official campaign will take it upon themselves to get this done.

All we need is the list....

The One
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
All we need is the list....

I like the idea, too, but it's a little more complicated than just the list. Who are we going to trust to receive the donations, purchase the books, and disperse them to the correct people?

MRoCkEd
04-18-2008, 02:54 PM
we shall find a way

wgadget
04-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Tomorrow is our Congressional convention here in GA. I will take my Revolution book with me to read in the down times, then, when it's over, I will check the list of delegates and personally hand it to one of them.

hillertexas
04-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Here in Georgia we have taken on a project to give each and every delegate to national a copy of Ron's new book.

Since we have already had our district conventions, we are planning on getting the copies out ASAP to the district delegates. We are adding a letter with each package reading as follows:

Dear ___________________,

On behalf of all conservative Republicans, I would like to
congratulate you on being elected as a delegate to the Republican
National Convention. As a national delegate you have an opportunity bring the voice of conservative values and limited government to St. Paul in September. To bear witness to the message of Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater and Robert Taft before him. A message that was eloquently delivered by Ronald Reagan during the 1964 U.S. presidential election in what has become known as "The Speech".
This speech can be viewed online at:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1777069922535499977.
It is in this tradition that we are sending to you, along with every delegate and alternate that will be attending the Republican National Convention, a copy of congressman and presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul's book, "The Revolution: A Manifesto". It is our hope that this book can help reignite the ideas of limited Constitutional government and generate discussion of these topics at the convention. We all want the same things for this wonderful country: a strong national defense, a strong economy, preservation of our individual rights. We just sometimes disagree on how these are best achieved. I ask that you not ignore or discredit this book based on heresy, but judge these ideas for yourself based on the words written within.

In closing, I leave you with these quotes from these three great
Americans:

"Criticism in a time of war is essential to the maintenance of any
kind of democratic government."
--Robert Taft (speaking a few weeks after the Japanese attack on
Pearl Harbor in December 1941)

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no
vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of
justice is no virtue!"
--Barry Goldwater (Acceptance Speech as the 1964 Republican
Presidential candidate)

"Freedom is the right to question and change the established
way of doing things."
--Ronald Reagan (May 31, 1988)

May God be in your heart and mind on this historic occasion.

Your fellow Republican,

It has been suggested that we purchase the books through Lew Rockwell's website. The purchase of these books will up the ranking on booklists across the nation and help finance the Revolution.

We are leaving it up to each congressional district to purchase and distribute the books, either in person or by mail. The goal is to have the project completed by the time of our state convention.

At the state convention, we will take the necessary number of books and distribute them after the voting is over and the results are in, if possible. This way each and every delegate to the national convention from Georgia will be able to make an informed vote when the time comes in September.

Please pass this idea along if you think it's a good one. It would be great if every single delegate in the nation had this priceless manifesto of political common sense.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134097

Mahkato
04-23-2008, 02:48 PM
has anyone read it yet? I haven't received any of my copies. Just wonder if it is an easy read and worded in a way that some of the McCain National delegates could understand. Big pictures? Maybe an attached coloring book? :D

:D

Anti Federalist
04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I like this idea.

I'm in!

Kotin
04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
i will put money up for this.

chip ins? has anyone gotten started on this yet?

this is an incredible idea. because so far, this book is the manuel for waking people up that we wanted..

slacker921
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM
fwiw.. Fred Smith (Republican running for governor of NC) sent out a book he wrote to many of the registered Republicans in the state. His campaign did it. The Paul campaign could send Ron Paul's book out to a random sampling of registered Republicans in NC on the 30th.... they do have roughly $5,000,000 so if they used just 1Mill of that they could send out a LOT of books and create quite a stir here before the primary.

I'm sure the Paul campaign has thought of this and considered it.. maybe they're going to do it.. maybe they'll do what you all are suggesting and will send one to the delegates.. or maybe they're going to throw a giant party in September..

Kotin
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
we always expected them to have some plan up their sleeves..

and they never did, they just winged it.

i doubt the savings of 5 million is any different, unfortunately.

SilentBull
04-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Actually, it shouldn't cost that much because the delegates who are already supporters of Ron Paul should buy their own copies.

LibertyRevolution
04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
We need HQ to get us the list.
We need the campaign website to the sell the book.
The website needs to include a “ship this book to a friend “option. To insert an alternate shipping address.

We Could take it from there but we would still need…
A grassroots organization to confirm volunteers and to check off names when they are done.
This would be a small group of loyal people to break up the list to, say 10 people, 460 addresses each.
4,600 people to promise that they will buy 1 book and have it shipped directly to the address given.
A thread would have to be started to collect names of people who volunteer for this assignment.
This thread should be limited to comments that say “I will volunteer”.
Each confirmed volunteer will be given 1 name and address to ship a book to.
When they have bought their copy of the book and it is sent to their given address, they should edit their comment on the “Volunteer for this assignment” thread and post their confirmation and shipping info as proof that the book went out to the right place.

The thread should be just 4,600 comments “I will Volunteer - Confirmation”. To make it easy to cross people off the list as they are completed.

I know there are people out there that can afford to buy multiple books, but I wouldnt want to trust 1 person with more than one name, that way if one fails, we only lose the one name.

I think somone should setup a chip-in for people that want to buy multiple books, to buy books for people that fail to live up to their obligation and don’t post their confirmation.

So, are there 4,600 of us left? Is this goal achievable?

wgadget
04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
In Georgia, our Ron Paul delegate meetup group is passing the books out by congressional district. So far 8 out of 13 are covered.

We're adding a personalized letter and a Ron Paul DVD to the package, and plan to get them out by the State convention.

wgadget
04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
I really think the idea is great, but that it should be done locally (kinda like public education). We can make it more personal locally and possibly even deliver them in person.

Also, it would be kinda weird if any delegate got swamped with more than one book. Then they'd REALLY think we're nuts.

Knightskye
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Gotta do something educate them.

Where's the chip-in?

nate895
04-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Gotta do something educate them.

Where's the chip-in?

See my thread. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134258)

slacker921
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't like the idea of grassroots being able to get the entire list of all national delegates.. they'd get a bunch of crazy letters and packages from "Paul supporters" (real or fake..).

nate895
04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't like the idea of grassroots being able to get the entire list of all national delegates.. they'd get a bunch of crazy letters and packages from "Paul supporters" (real or fake..).

"Conservative Media PAC" hardly sounds Paul-like.

garrettwombat
04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
this is a great idea... i love it! start a chip in!

nate895
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
this is a great idea... i love it! start a chip in!

I'm forming a PAC to do it. I figured since I was organizing the anti-McCain pamphlet, might as well give the delegates a solution a week later.

LEK
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Ron Paul Book Bomb

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

Wolf
04-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Maybe the campaign could find a list, and have "send a copy of the book to Nancy Green" for sale, for each delegate. And we'd give the money needed for that.

TXcarlosTX
04-24-2008, 06:01 AM
make a mailing list and if people want to send to them, they can mark them off the list so we dont double send. im in for sending 10. just my thoughts

SilentBull
04-24-2008, 09:43 AM
This is huge! I think Ron Paul's book can really change the minds of a lot of delegates, especially the ones that dislike McCain.

MRoCkEd
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm forming a PAC to do it. I figured since I was organizing the anti-McCain pamphlet, might as well give the delegates a solution a week later.
great
dont give up on it

sedele
04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
bump

Bruno
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Ron Paul Book Bomb

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

Link didn't work for me?

NightOwl
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
It's slow today, but www.ronpaulbookbomb.com (http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com)does work.

Ninja Homer
05-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Selfish bump... just because the OP feels like being a self-serving pretentious ass today who wants to pat himself on the back for coming up with the idea first, after spending most of yesterday in family court proving to the court that he is, indeed, worthy of being a father to his 12-year old brilliant Ron Paul supporting son in order to continue raising him properly, and worthy of keeping joint custody, rather than granting full custody to his mother who would surely collect child support, go on welfare, and make sure that the brilliant 12-year old Ron Paul supporter never hears the name Ron Paul again, never hears Ron Paul's message, never learns what it truly means to be a US citizen, and never learns what a truly awesome gift and responsibility he has inherited.

<pats self on back> ;)