PDA

View Full Version : How to get us on National prime time T.V.

Stuckinthesand13
08-21-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm more of a forums reader than writer, but this is just a crazy idea I was thinking about while listening to my girlfriend sing in the car yesterday, and I felt like getting a some responses to it.

One common problem I keep hearing about is how the message has difficulty getting as much air time as the other candidates, or at least just getting the name Ron Paul over the air waves. My idea is to take advantage of a TV show with the highest ratings around, one that I honestly cannot stand, American Idol.
Millions of people participate every year for their chance to be a star, and why not get some camera time by having supporters in every major city take advantage of either the crowds available or the exposure itself.

The only downside I can see would be the possible hit piece that would be made from a long string of clips of RP supporters trying to sing, and a one liner that is meant to degrade their efforts.

On the other hand there is always the very small chance that an RP supporter actually makes it further in this contest and gets RP more exposure.
Either way, there's a camera, crowds of people, and access to major cities. Please begin punching holes in this idea for RP Idol.

More info at http://www.americanidol.com

Slugg
08-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Wow, that's a pretty good idea. We need some singers!!

As far as a hit piece of RP people trying to sing; it seems to me that if every one of them sang the National Anthem, Proud to be an American, or America the Beautiful; it will probably be great press!!!! Even if they sing it badly. So, that may be a workable plan.

Anyone else?

fj45lvr
08-21-2007, 03:41 AM
Good.....sing this catchy hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqfBH1IJkWo

noxagol
08-21-2007, 05:37 AM
That is actually a really good idea. Just get a ton of Ron Paul supporters wearing Ron Paul shirts in line.

gtjwkq
08-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Why I think it's not a good idea:
- American Idol show is highly edited, they can just edit you out
- They like to ridicularize people, mainly because many wackos show up there to sing. No one here would want to present RP supporters as wackos (more than mainstream media has already attempted)
- They can blur out any message you have on your shirt, they do that already for unsponsored commercial brands

Wyurm
08-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Its a great idea, but they won't allow their show to become a political platform.

noxagol
08-21-2007, 07:15 AM
- They like to ridicularize people, mainly because many wackos show up there to sing. No one here would want to present RP supporters as wackos (more than mainstream media has already attempted)
- They can blur out any message you have on your shirt, they do that already for unsponsored commercial brands

You present a good argument.

gravesdav
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
How about passing out slim jims to every one on line waiting to perform. "If your singing career doesn't work out you could use low taxes and sound money"

Stuckinthesand13
08-21-2007, 11:07 AM

I’m not too familiar with the specifics of what they do to edit, but at the very least it's a massive gathering of people. It's probably the best way to get information to entire families, as people usually go in small groups per contestant. DVDs, signs, and slim jims, meetup groups would really have a major crowd to talk to, and with contestants and their families having nothing to do for hours on end, I’m sure you can find an interested ear or two.

bc2208
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
How about passing out slim jims to every one on line waiting to perform. "If your singing career doesn't work out you could use low taxes and sound money"

lol..they could use it either way