PDA

View Full Version : Tried Free Advertising for Dr. Paul in Santiago, Chile... didn't work though :(

defe07
04-16-2008, 01:33 AM
OK, I wanted to try something new. Undercover though. I used the back of my art pad as a sign and put the word R3VO_]UTION on it. Not saying that I couldn't use Ron Paul but I think we need to wake people up by using these snatchy words like REVOLUTION, FREEDOM, etc. I put it in English and Spanish. My word did travel with me when I went down to college and coming back and I made sure the message was seen outside the window. Remember, Dr. Paul said that this isn't about him, it's about the message. Having signs saying freedom or revolution are an indirect link to us so I don't take it in a bad way. All I wanted though was for someone to either smile at me, give a thumbs up or wave but I don't think it worked. Without disregarding Dr. Paul's electoral chances, we need to grab the average person's attention with snatchy phrases. And if we could have an international freedom march, no matter what's the reason they'd go to the march, it would be nice for the message. I can tell that it's not easy to prepare a march and that's why I bring up using June 21st. I'm not pushing here but it would really wake up the average Americans that don't realize what's going on (especially if the turnout is excellent). Just saying! :D

Conza88
04-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Legitimate question:
- Why is it always the majority of newbies who "fail" at this, "don't think we can do this", "slim chance" of that, & "it didn't work :-(."

- Why? [apart from the obvious?]

defe07
04-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Oh, I know we can do this! But I'm all alone down here and it makes me sad not to have a RP supporter close by for advise. But I have faith. It's only my first time that I've shown the sign. I have to take my pad every Tuesday and I'll try to add more words aside with the REVOLUTION. Slim chance... well, that's what most people thought when George Washington told his men, even though a large majority of the population was pro-Loyalist, to fight for our independence. I spread the word with my family last year, I'll try to spread the word more effectively now. And that's why I mentioned what I mentioned in the least few sentences of my previous post. The hippies started out small in San Francisco. Then they got active nationwide and obviously worldwide. My dad lived in SF and he was a hippie himself and he told me about the whole movement. We need to remember that, for the average person, Dr. Paul's candidacy is dead and we need to reach them another way unfortunately. For us supporters, Dr. Paul's candidacy isn't dead until he says so. I'll try to see how to get Dr. Paul's message reflected in Chilean eyes, one way or the other. Maybe we won't get to have Chileans and the rest of the world speak Paulite but we could have them on our side with freedom as our common ground. And if the word of freedom succeeds, it means we've succeeded too. Thanks for taking your time to answer back (sometimes I don't get an answer)! :)