PDA

View Full Version : Saving Campaign Materials for Future Run?

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't know if Ron Paul would consider running for President again in 4 years, but if he did, wouldn't it save the campaign a ton of money if we held onto a lot of the campaign materials and signs? I noticed that a lot of them don't have the Year on them.

If someone wanted to orchestrate the collection of the materials, I'd chip in to help pay for storage.

Anyway, just a thought.

Mahkato
04-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Why do you still have campaign materials left?

In any case, why store them centrally? Why not just leave them in the hands of those who already have them.

MelissaWV
04-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Hmm... a lot of my materials do have "Ron Paul 2008" and also reference the website. Keep in mind that things may also happen between now and then which will necessitate updated materials *IF* Dr. Paul would run again. He is not washed up by a long stretch, but campaigning is hard work and takes its toll on an elderly person. I've noticed he's been sick a lot this go-round, for instance... lots of sniffles.

What I would suggest is that current materials be used to continue to educate people about the values that we need to get out of the mess this country's in, no matter what the outcome of this election.

I'm not sure what to do about signs, but personally I'm keeping ours as part of a collection of materials (press passes, bus tickets, pictures, etc) from the campaign.

Just my two cents :)

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Why do you still have campaign materials left?

In any case, why store them centrally? Why not just leave them in the hands of those who already have them.

i don't have any but many people do. I just didn't know if people were throwing them away or saving them, or sending them to supporters in other states.

Anything that says 2008 on them wouldn't be useful in a few years (unless you could cover up the year or cut it out, etc.) I'm not even saying that this would take the place of new signs for the next presidential campaign but would just be additional materials we could use.

Kludge
04-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Whoa whoa whoa - You guys must mean the 2010 special election once the executive branch and most of the legislative branch is held accountable for not abiding by the constitution ;)

Anyways, I can't imagine Dr. Paul would be able to campaign again in 2012, he's getting old... =(

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 12:36 AM
You guys must mean the 2010 special election once the executive branch and most of the legislative branch is held accountable for not abiding by the constitution ;)

haha

he is getting old but sometimes I think he is in better shape than much younger people in Congress.

Conza88
04-16-2008, 12:37 AM
He's running as an incumbent in 2012.
The incumbent President, that is.

TruthAtLast
04-16-2008, 12:44 AM
He's running as an incumbent in 2012.
The incumbent President, that is.

Touche

;)

tangent4ronpaul
04-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Anyways, I can't imagine Dr. Paul would be able to campaign again in 2012, he's getting old... =(

He is in good shape - a health nut, but one comment Penny made to me was: "If Ron Paul ever retired, they will have to put him on ritalin".

Very sharp and active mind!

RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!!!

-n