PDA

View Full Version : A great idea for recruitmenting new members

Athan
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Guys, this idea has been floating around on other threads but I would like to make a couple of threads on this and other boards about the idea of Liberty Paintball leagues.

You may be asking "What? Why?" And I'll answer both of those questions here.

Here is "what" the idea is about.

The idea is basically to have Ron Paul supporters establish paintball teams and leagues around the nation.

Here is "Why" we should work on a project like this:

The first reason is to recruit like minded pro-gun members into the Ron Paul Revolution. Think about it, these are kids that are going around shooting each other for fun. They ARE likely appeal to our niche way of thinking, and to continue to ignore this potential demographic group and sport would be ridiculous especially when we just need a few more members in some cases to completely set the agenda in 2010. If we notice that a member doesn't sound like they care about politics at all and care more about the game, then we don't ever ask them to join the Ron Paul Revolution.

The second reason is, we can establish a physical presence and organization outside of the internet. I have mentioned in other threads that as a movement we are too dependent on Trevor Lyman's money raising projects. We are also nothing but a grass roots fund raising organization. We are not a particularly large movement yet and we need to think about growing and organizing. We are also thus far too dependent on Ron Paul energizing us through his election. If we establish these teams and a national league we can collect membership fees, send a small percentage of the fees to fund bigger projects (or LAND, equipment, and facilities) that are not out of the pocket of only Ron Paul supporters, train new paintball players, and gain new members who YOUNG AND PRO-GUN.

The third reason is that to many normal Americans, paintball isn't an intimidating organization, and sounds more like a branch of the X-games. Heck the military actively tries to recruit these people into the armed forces. The Revolution can take advantage of this fact and grow its numbers and organization through a game that is growing and becoming more accepted. We act accordingly and nobody will bother us or know we are anything other than a paintball league.

The forth reason is that it could settle down some of our members whom need more exercise and definitely an outlet for their "frustrations" of this election season. You know the ones that are: "I'm pretty frustrated and its making my finger itchy." I'm pretty sure a sore butt full of bruises, and exhaustion from good exercise is the cure for their pent up anger.

amy31416
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Recruitmenting is always a bad idea.

yongrel
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/daily/missionary/mormon_missionary.jpg

Hello m'am. I'd like to talk to you about Jes- er, Ron Paul. Do you have a moment?

nate895
04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/daily/missionary/mormon_missionary.jpg

Hello m'am. I'd like to talk to you about Jes- er, Ron Paul. Do you have a moment?

Works for Mormons on one in a thousand, might as well try.

Mckarnin
04-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Works for Mormons on one in a thousand, might as well try.

We're planning on doing a variation of that with Freedom's Ground. :)

Athan
04-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok some of you aren't to fond of recruiting.. what about the other points I mentioned? You have any thoughts about them because this isn't really the same thing as door to door religion selling.

Establish a physical presence and organization outside of the internet, collect membership fees, and send a small percentage of the fees to fund bigger projects (or LAND, equipment, and facilities) that are not out of the pocket of only Ron Paul supporters.