PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing the Protest in D.C. was a flop!?

V4Vendetta
04-15-2008, 04:01 PM
No one is talking about it, no audio or video feeds.

I thought that was going to happen.

Joseph Hart
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133159

nc4rp
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
yea,surely they woulda been done by 9am this morning, and had time to dive home, and rest and eat, and get the videos uploaded and post links by now :D what would that make it? if they got marching by 10 am , hmm by my calculations that means the March lasted for negative 1 hours. (?)

V4Vendetta
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
ummm. ok, that thread makes no sense!

V4Vendetta
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
yea,surely they woulda been done by 9am this morning, and had time to dive home, and rest and eat, and get the videos uploaded and post links by now :D what would that make it? if they got marching by 10 am , hmm by my calculations that means the March lasted for negative 1 hours. (?)

They were supposed to be live radio and Video broadcast from the event.

malibuu
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Here's some photos and video - originally posted by the forums mrchubbs

http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/04/15/ron-paul-at-freedom-rally-pictures-and-video-04152008/1030/

nc4rp
04-15-2008, 04:29 PM
ummm. ok, that thread makes no sense!

neither does calling it a flop for not posting videos when theres still sunlight out and they probably are still at the rally.

V4Vendetta
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Here's some photos and video - originally posted by the forums mrchubbs

http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/04/15/ron-paul-at-freedom-rally-pictures-and-video-04152008/1030/

well, based on those pictures, it was a failure, like I thought it would be.

It wasn't promoted the right way, like the money bombs were.
no one was advertising it. Maybe the one this summer will be bigger.
Videos have got to be made to promote it!

Soccrmastr
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Is this the whole freedom rally?? A shame not many showed up. I was going to go, I went to the philly rally. But couldnt make it here.

From DailyPaul:

"I went to the rally on my
On April 15th, 2008 thedizzle says:

I went to the rally on my lunch break and I gotta tell you, the Grannies kicked some major butt with this event! Admittedly, I was a detractor of this event until I got down to the Mall today... There were several THOUSAND people there and this thing took place RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CAPITOL!!!

Major, major kudos to the Granny Warriors! I feel very inspired again!"

nc4rp
04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
i think people are broke. i was workin my ass off all day to get caught up on bills and,,, dont laugh... taxes.

westmich4paul
04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I am surprised only 4-5 hundred people showed up compared to the 4000 in Philly. But when the campaign remains silent and almost comatosed since super Tuesday what do they expect? I am not trying to be the negative troll here but come on with all the sound bits in the media that Ron has had just in over the last month with the economy he could have easily plugged the campaign right along with it telling people he is not dropping and he is still in it to give delegates a choice come convention time. I do not think he really ever wanted it, or at least never wanted to dig to get it because he has had soo many chances to just sweep this nomination and him and the campaign just squandered it.

I love Ron Paul so do not get me wrong here, the gentleman knows what he is talking about and knows how to fix this country. He just never really took the bull by the horns when he had many opportunities to do so and really catch the fever of the American public. I am very saddened by this. I am especially saddend by the fact when we had our most headwind after the money bombs and they worked that the campaign and him let it just fizzle out. Ron you cured my Apathy but your campaign's lack of gusto when it counted the most just made me more apathetic.

Now my question to myself is if I did write Ron Paul in and by the grace of God we had enough people do it to win would he even want it?

clintontj72
04-15-2008, 05:40 PM
i think people are broke. i was workin my ass off all day to get caught up on bills and,,, dont laugh... taxes.

Taxes....Happy Slavery Day all!!!!!

Aratus
04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
i think Ron Paul wants two terms. i think he wants mcCain to go "NO NEW TAXES" at
the very least, let alone maybe to try to decrease the federal budget by 10% each year...
i think Ron Paul debates whether its Obama or Clinton who would INCREASE the federal
budget the most were a democrat to sit in the whitehouse. asking if Ron Paul doesn't
want it if a very nice fluke gave him a sweet november victory is actually more stupid
than asking the very same question about Ralph Nader. lets be honest about this!!!

Bradley in DC
04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
I was there, had a blast.

The rally started at 11 am and ended at 6 pm. Several of us met beforehand at the Taft memorial between Union Station and the Capitol Building including Vern McKinley (hopefully our next Ron Paul Republican in Congress!), Leslie (campaign scheduler), MrChubbs from RPFs, RonPaulHawaii/Ron Paul Riders from RPFs (and his Mom!), another Ron Paul guy I met in Atlanta when I had lunch with Randy/Rev9, and some others.

Congressional candidate BJ Lawson spoke. So did Russell Means. Bands, other speakers, etc.

Dane von Breichenruchart, the legal strategist for the DC gun rights case, and Dick Heller (of the same DC v. Heller Supreme Court gun rights case), Charlie (another guy from my think tank who has helped host RonPaulRadio debate broadcasts), and several local/regional friends were there.

I also got to meet some people from the Meetup Groups from Vern's Virginia Congressional district in person whom I had only known via emails.

Ten of us went to Bullfeathers for lunch (well a dozen if you count my two dogs) and missed two hours of the rally.

Also there were several RPFs friends I finally got to meet in person--including our very own Torchbearer and his girlfriend. Most are probably now on the road flying/driving back to TX, PA, IN, MI, MN, LA, VA, NY, FL, GA, and I'm not sure from how many other place.

Very tired now.

(Oh, yeah, and the pups were there sporting "McKinley for Congress" and "Ron Paul" stickers on their jackets. Yes, those were my miniGreyhounds tethered together if you were there.)

ItsTime
04-15-2008, 06:09 PM
This was the calm before the storm. Big rally this summer!

Gin
04-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I was there, had a blast.

The rally started at 11 am and ended at 6 pm. Several of us met beforehand at the Taft memorial between Union Station and the Capitol Building including Vern McKinley (hopefully our next Ron Paul Republican in Congress!), Leslie (campaign scheduler), MrChubbs from RPFs, RonPaulHawaii/Ron Paul Riders from RPFs (and his Mom!), another Ron Paul guy I met in Atlanta when I had lunch with Randy/Rev9, and some others.

Congressional candidate BJ Lawson spoke. So did Russell Means. Bands, other speakers, etc.

Dane von Breichenruchart, the legal strategist for the DC gun rights case, and Dick Heller (of the same DC v. Heller Supreme Court gun rights case), Charlie (another guy from my think tank who has helped host RonPaulRadio debate broadcasts), and several local/regional friends were there.

I also got to meet some people from the Meetup Groups from Vern's Virginia Congressional district in person whom I had only known via emails.

Ten of us went to Bullfeathers for lunch (well a dozen if you count my two dogs) and missed two hours of the rally.

Also there were several RPFs friends I finally got to meet in person--including our very own Torchbearer and his girlfriend. Most are probably now on the road flying/driving back to TX, PA, IN, MI, MN, LA, VA, NY, FL, GA, and I'm not sure from how many other place.

Very tired now.

(Oh, yeah, and the pups were there sporting "McKinley for Congress" and "Ron Paul" stickers on their jackets. Yes, those were my miniGreyhounds tethered together if you were there.)

I saw you... a friend of mine and I were walking in as you must have been going to lunch...I even commented about the dogs being cute as we passed.....

Unfortunately we got a late start and were just arriving, but did enjoy hearing Bob Barr, David Grate and I believe Ernest Hancock speak.. We left as the music was starting to play, as it was getting late and knew the DC traffic would get bad quick.

I am glad to hear that more than the 100-200 that were there when we arrived, were there when Ron Paul spoke, but I was afraid it wasn't going to be as big as GW had hoped...... still I was glad to be there for the short time I was there, it was well worth the 2 1/2 hr trip from WV...... (driving/metro)

I am really looking forward to the July 12 or Aug 2nd Rally.... I believe we will have a great turnout if it is promoted....

constituent
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
oh gin...

:: velvet underground fan, sorry ::

Bradley in DC
04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I saw you... a friend of mine and I were walking in as you must have been going to lunch...I even commented about the dogs being cute as we passed.....

Unfortunately we got a late start and were just arriving, but did enjoy hearing Bob Barr, David Grate and I believe Ernest Hancock speak.. We left as the music was starting to play, as it was getting late and knew the DC traffic would get bad quick.

I am glad to hear that more than the 100-200 that were there when we arrived, were there when Ron Paul spoke, but I was afraid it wasn't going to be as big as GW had hoped...... still I was glad to be there for the short time I was there, it was well worth the 2 1/2 hr trip from WV...... (driving/metro)

I am really looking forward to the July 12 or Aug 2nd Rally.... I believe we will have a great turnout if it is promoted....

Hey! Welcome to the forum.

Let me know when you're coming to my neck of the woods again. Pointing out you were the one saying the dogs were cute doesn't really narrow it down, sorry. :D Looks as if you saw what I missed and vice versa. :)

thuja
04-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey! Welcome to the forum.

Let me know when you're coming to my neck of the woods again. Pointing out you were the one saying the dogs were cute doesn't really narrow it down, sorry. :D Looks as if you saw what I missed and vice versa. :)

are they sighthounds?

ValidusCustodiae
04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Did anybody find out what those dudes in the red blazers were all about? Just curious... I got some good pics and vid but I am not going to have them up tonight, hehe.

Bradley in DC
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
are they sighthounds?

Yes, exactly. Miniature Greyhounds (they call them Italian Greyhounds). Small, maybe 12-13 lbs each, knee-high. They were sporting matching blue jackets with Vern McKinley and Ron Paul stickers on them (they don't really like clothes but it was still a bit chilly).

Zoppo on the left, Calista on the right. (Oh, and the photographer was there but this picture is a few years old)
http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/1ds2-4/italian-greyhound-puppies.jpg

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
nt

Bradley in DC
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Did anybody find out what those dudes in the red blazers were all about?

No, no idea. Someone dubbed them the "Redcoats." :D

Seemed fitting with the colonial costume attired RP supporters walking around.

yongrel
04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
The OP is just being a negative nancy, for reasons unknown. Ignore him.

thuja
04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes, exactly. Miniature Greyhounds (they call them Italian Greyhounds). Small, maybe 12-13 lbs each, knee-high. They were sporting matching blue jackets with Vern McKinley and Ron Paul stickers on them (they don't really like clothes but it was still a bit chilly).

Zoppo on the left, Calista on the right. (Oh, and the photographer was there but this picture is a few years old)

very gorgeous dogs! i am a borzoi and aussie fan, but had a whippet once too.

scotto2008
04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I am surprised only 4-5 hundred people showed up compared to the 4000 in Philly.

I doubt RP has many fans in DC -- he wants to put most of them out of work!

wowabunga
04-15-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm guessing the Protest in D.C. was a flop!?

Nothing is wasted if we learn and move forward.

Until we wake up the general population our path will be a bumpy and disappointing road ahead. We have all summer to get the job done.

ValidusCustodiae
04-15-2008, 10:41 PM
No, no idea. Someone dubbed them the "Redcoats." :D

Seemed fitting with the colonial costume attired RP supporters walking around.

I'm sure several people dubbed them the red coats, it's even weirder for me considering when I woke my friend up to drive to D.C. this morning I did it by telling him the red coats were coming.

Turns out I was right...

robert4rp08
04-16-2008, 06:44 AM

I saw them pups there! I cracked up when I saw one take a squat on the lawn. haha

frasu
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I was in DC too... It was a good day... Great speakers, lots of candidates. Sure I hoped for more people too, but all I could control is me showing up or not. The Philly rally looked huge now in perspective, but the main idea is just make it happen and have fun. It is too bad so many people from here couldn't make it. We have to keep meeting every time we have a chance... There is no ONE magic moment...

Good job everybody that showed up and nice dogs Bradley!

jumpyg1258
04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
I doubt RP has many fans in DC -- he wants to put most of them out of work!

I am a fan and voted for Ron Paul. I would most likely lose my job if he was elected and kept his word about the downsizing in DC. I was unable to attend the rally though and heck I didnt even know about it till a few days prior to it.

Suzu
04-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Wonkette.com published a very derogatory page on the event, and their lawyer is hearing from me about it. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=133285)

pepperpete1
04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
No one is talking about it, no audio or video feeds.

I thought that was going to happen.

I just got back from caravaning down to DC. We had 25 people in our group. One motor home with 15 people in it and a big van with 10 people in it. I have had only 5 hours of sleep in the last 46 hrs. so I will report in later about meeting, Bradly in DC, Torchbearer, CACoachenash, and talking with other RP supporters and getting petitions signed for Bob Schultz's We The People.

Nite.

Highland
04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Did anyone see Ron and Carol get their copy of the picture that was drawn of them as Thomas Jefferson and Betsy Ross???

DFF
04-16-2008, 09:41 PM
From the pics I've seen, this thing was an embarrassment. It looked like a fucking freak show! It's no wonder many think Ron Paul and his supporters are whack jobs!

Flirple
04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
From the pics I've seen, this thing was an embarrassment. It looked like a fucking freak show! It's no wonder many think Ron Paul and his supporters are whack jobs!

Yes and unfortunately, the "whack-jobs" are the ones who are the most motivated with their pet fringe causes that they will disproportionately stay more active than the average "non whack-job" supporter. The end result is that the "whacko jobs" remain active longer than everyone else as the campaign dies down and are the ones that will cement the rEVOLution's reputation as a freak show.

This is why it is important that everyone else stays involved so we can at least water down the "wacko's" impact.

V4Vendetta
04-17-2008, 02:35 AM

I thought I was the one that thought that, lol

It's really disheartening.

DFF
04-17-2008, 03:56 AM
I felt the worst for Ron.

The indignation of him being surrounded by this group of basement dwelling loony tunes with fucking bar code stickers stuck on their foreheads was just...uhh...words can't even begin to describe how infuriated this makes me.

Don't these fringe idiots understand that by fulfilling their "Buffalo Bill" exhibitionist fantasies in broad daylight on the White House lawn that they're severely hurting the credibility of Ron Paul and supporters like myself?

constituent
04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
I felt the worst for Ron.

The indignation of him being surrounded by this group of basement dwelling loony tunes with fucking bar code stickers stuck on their foreheads was just...uhh...words can't even begin to describe how infuriated this makes me.

Don't these fringe idiots understand that by fulfilling their "Buffalo Bill" exhibitionist fantasies in broad daylight on the White House lawn that they're severely hurting the credibility of Ron Paul and supporters like myself?

is this fer rills?

flower
04-17-2008, 06:51 AM
yes... js look at the wierdo's! :D

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/262/s3000186cx1.jpg

hope no one mind's my posting this image without permission first... the guy on the left is Charlie Kochenash from NW Indiana. The guy on the right is Torch... You can even spot Bradley DC in the background with his pups. This picture was taken by pepperpete (my mom).

I had a great time meeting everyone!

And to those who want to call this a 'failure', I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I wish to concur with Mike's previous post about the networking and brainstorming that went on. I learned more going to, during and coming from the rally than I have learned in the last 6 months while lurking here. I have become so inspired by the successful methods of Charlie Kochenash and crew in their state.... I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here, but I do know that I need to and will do more. Where as, before the rally, I basically thought that there wasn't anything more for me to do. That has got to be worth something, dontcha think?

amy31416
04-17-2008, 07:03 AM

And to those who want to call this a 'failure', I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I wish to concur with Mike's previous post about the networking and brainstorming that went on. I learned more going to, during and coming from the rally than I have learned in the last 6 months while lurking here. I have become so inspired by the successful methods of Charlie Kochenash and crew in their state.... I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here, but I do know that I need to and will do more. Where as, before the rally, I basically thought that there wasn't anything more for me to do. That has got to be worth something, dontcha think?

I was curious if there was any accuracy to there being a heapful of wackos there. Thanks for the pic and welcome to the forums!

pepperpete1
04-17-2008, 07:23 AM
I was curious if there was any accuracy to there being a heapful of wackos there. Thanks for the pic and welcome to the forums!

Even though there were not as many people as I had hoped would be there, there were a few costumed people there making a statement with their attire.

I was told by someone there, who was told by someone else, that an e-mail had gone out to the supporters that the event had been canceled. That may help account for the reduced number in attendance.

It was really inspiring to hear our message delivered by the speakers on the lawn of the U.S. capitol. Hearing from others who know the truth and are not afraid to proclaim it.

Bob Schultz, of We The People, was there and spoke to the group. He had tables set up for people to sign the seven petitions that will be presented to Congress this summer.

I agree with Flower (my daughter), that it was invigorating to discuss what is being done and what can be done, among other Ron Paul supporters and learning what is happening within our government even as we gathered together.

We all still need to help however we can. If someone has a skill that can be used by someone in another part of the country that is still busting butt to get the delegates or running for office, we need to use that skill to help. If we do not have a skill, donations to campaigns would be a big help.
:cool:

ronpaulhawaii
04-17-2008, 07:29 AM
yes... js look at the wierdo's! :D

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/262/s3000186cx1.jpg

hope no one mind's my posting this image without permission first... the guy on the left is Charlie Kochenash from NW Indiana. The guy on the right is Torch... You can even spot Bradley DC in the background with his pups. This picture was taken by pepperpete (my mom).

Nice to have met you and glad to see you have started posting, welcome.

It is completely off-base and unfair to characterize the attendees as whack-jobs. Indeed such ad-hominen tactics signal a lack of intelligence/credibilty. Here are a few more attendees:

From TX

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Blimpettes.jpg

Two Candidates

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Vern.jpg

A poor lady who took the red pill by osmosis

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Ma.jpg

Lisa from PA who I first met in NH

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Lisa.jpg

and for the dog-lovers, here is Brads at the rally

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/BDC-Dogs.jpg

:)

pepperpete1
04-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for sharing your photos!
As soon as I can figure how to get them in a post I will put some up. (Thanks flower for posting the one.)

CAKochenash
04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks to all that came!!!

What a lot of folks are forgetting, is that Ron Paul is for LIBERTY for all people. When we have public events like this, we are going to get people who show up and express the issues that are important to them, even if we do not agree.

I saw one gentlemen carrying an upside down uSA flag. Although I think it that the uSA is a country in distress, it does indeed paint a very poor picture on our movement.

I also saw the kids with the bar codes stuck to their foreheads. I too do not like the continuing efforts to categorize and ID people, but it still is painting that picture.

But one thing a few of you are forgetting is the fact that by you not showing up, you made those people stick out like a sore thumb.

Please stop blaming the passionate folks who attended. Maybe it would not have looked so bad if we had more people there who know how to represent the Doc in public.

On a lighter note, I had met some fantastic people during that rally. I got to put some faces to some names that I see on RPFs.

I was able to hop on a caravan from South Dakota which took me to and from the rally for 50 bux. Well worth it. Not to mention I got to take the day off of work...

It was a great pleasure meeting all of you. Thanks for the pix...

CAKochenash
04-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Did anyone see Ron and Carol get their copy of the picture that was drawn of them as Thomas Jefferson and Betsy Ross???

I showed up right in the middle of Ron talking. I did not see him presented with the picture. I did, however, see Ron's lead security guard put it in a bag after he walked Ron and Carol back to Ron's office.

I was able to snatch one up. I got #17 out of 500. It just waiting to be framed.

pepperpete1
04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
I was able to snatch one up. I got #17 out of 500. It just waiting to be framed.

Sorry I misspelled your name in my previous posts.( and that after you spelling it for my twice, sigh);)

CAKochenash
04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry I misspelled your name in my previous posts.( and that after you spelling it for my twice, sigh);)

No problems here....Hope you got all caught up on your rest...

pepperpete1
04-17-2008, 10:35 AM
No problems here....Hope you got all caught up on your rest...

Rose Lear e-mailed me a copy of an article written about the rally.

http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2008/04/ron_paul_supporters_hungry_for.html

I waited to go to bed til bedtime last night to get the much needed sleep I missed while traveling.

Now I need to find a paying job and still will help those still campaigning.

Mckarnin
04-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I thought I was the one that thought that, lol

It's really disheartening.

I threw this in another thread but thought you might find it amusing. My dad (a Ron Paul supporter) was going to be in DC on the 15th so I told him to bring me a report:

http://zarathustrasoldman.blogspot.com/2008/04/freak-shall-inherit-earth.html

TruthAtLast
04-17-2008, 11:12 AM
nice photos. looked like a lot of fun.

MelissaWV
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
What's interesting is that many the reports and blogs seem to paint this as some manner of freak show, even a few of the positive ones. I was not there, however I have been looking through pictures. There seem to be some costumed folks out there, including some that don't seem to have much to do with Dr. Paul... however mostly I see people in tees, jeans, hoodies... which is to say I see people in regular street clothes that happen to have "Ron Paul" logos far more than I see pleather pirate women. I also see several men in dress shirts, though they look uncomfortable (and I'd imagine they were, with the sun glaring down at them in their work clothes). Wearing polished shoes to go walk the lawns is not a wise idea.

Let it never be claimed the internet is immune from spin, though.

As to why the numbers were low... perhaps a few people got an email saying the event was not going to happen. I doubt that's even largely to blame for turnout. Perhaps the facts this went on during a weekday (and not even one linked to the weekend), and Paulites have given a great deal of financial support to myriad efforts... maybe that is why a lot of the "polished" middle aged folks could not make it, especially from out of state or across the country. It's expensive to pull up roots to go watch someone give speeches, even if it's a strong political statement. It's easier to make a statement when there's food in your belly :) Some folks are saving up for their delegate situation already, and others have to be careful how many "Paul days" they take off from work and school, or else risk losing a job or failing a class. There are lots of considerations along those lines, and it doesn't make people "disloyal" but it helps explain why such a large movement manifests itself so scantly.

CAKochenash
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Some folks are saving up for their delegate situation already, and others have to be careful how many "Paul days" they take off from work and school, or else risk losing a job or failing a class. There are lots of considerations along those lines, and it doesn't make people "disloyal" but it helps explain why such a large movement manifests itself so scantly.

And if I were one that was unable to attend, I would not sit on my tail in these forums and complain about the rally being a "flop".

The folks complaining about others painting a bad picture of Ron by bringing their issues to the rally, or planning an event in such short time, or holding that event in Washington, or any other issues they may have, are the ones adding the final touches to that painting by stating it was a "failure", which in turn, subliminally injects the idea of low moral and strength within our movement, regardless of their intent.

THE RALLY WAS A PHENOMENAL SUCCESS!!!

MelissaWV
04-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Um?

I didn't say it was a failure. I said that it's being mischaracterized from the pictures I saw. Someone said numbers were low due to an email that was sent out, and I addressed that, and provided other potential root causes for low numbers.

If your argument is that numbers were NOT low, then fine. That's its own thing.

I will be a little clearer: low numbers don't mean the rEVOLution is dead or dying. There are valid reasons people could not make it. Any event where Dr. Paul speaks is, by that very fact being in evidence, a success... especially with random groups walking past and potentially seeing so many signs, etc.. Those 500 people COULD make it and represented the rest of us, and that's to be commended. The "freaks" are part of "the People" that vote and make up this nation, especially this year, however in viewing pictures I see far more "average" folks. Wonkette and several other places linked to here want to paint it as some sort of carnival sideshow, and that seems untrue just by looking at pictures.

I'm not sure exactly where you got the concept of me "putting down" the rally. I know there are many people who couldn't make it, and I said so. I didn't insult the people there, or the organizers. For a rally to be of any note, it does need to take place SOMEwhere, and that will always exclude a large segment of the support base. It's a fact, and the Grannies aren't stupid: they knew this I'm sure.

Thank you for those of you who did attend, and yes I see a success and not a freakshow.

FireofLiberty
04-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I was there. There was decent sized crowd but it could have been better.

V4Vendetta
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I threw this in another thread but thought you might find it amusing. My dad (a Ron Paul supporter) was going to be in DC on the 15th so I told him to bring me a report:

http://zarathustrasoldman.blogspot.com/2008/04/freak-shall-inherit-earth.html

lol, pretty good, thanks for sharing.

CAKochenash
04-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Um?

I didn't say it was a failure. I said that it's being mischaracterized from the pictures I saw. Someone said numbers were low due to an email that was sent out, and I addressed that, and provided other potential root causes for low numbers.

If your argument is that numbers were NOT low, then fine. That's its own thing.

I will be a little clearer: low numbers don't mean the rEVOLution is dead or dying. There are valid reasons people could not make it. Any event where Dr. Paul speaks is, by that very fact being in evidence, a success... especially with random groups walking past and potentially seeing so many signs, etc.. Those 500 people COULD make it and represented the rest of us, and that's to be commended. The "freaks" are part of "the People" that vote and make up this nation, especially this year, however in viewing pictures I see far more "average" folks. Wonkette and several other places linked to here want to paint it as some sort of carnival sideshow, and that seems untrue just by looking at pictures.

I'm not sure exactly where you got the concept of me "putting down" the rally. I know there are many people who couldn't make it, and I said so. I didn't insult the people there, or the organizers. For a rally to be of any note, it does need to take place SOMEwhere, and that will always exclude a large segment of the support base. It's a fact, and the Grannies aren't stupid: they knew this I'm sure.

Thank you for those of you who did attend, and yes I see a success and not a freakshow.

Whoa whoa whoa....I must apologize. I believe you misunderstood me.

I was agreeing with you. Simply saying that if I fell into the category you described, I would not sit and call the rally a flop. Yes, I know YOU were not calling it a failure. But there are plenty of folks who are. Now, I can only assume, but I bet a few of those folks did not fall under that category.

Of course we all would have liked to have seen more people there. I personally would have loved to seen em backed up to the Lincoln Memorial, but it was far from a failure.

mdh
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I would have gladly gone if I had the money.

constituent
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM

oh c'mon, we all know you're making millions off of rpi radio :D

FireofLiberty
04-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Some pictures from the Freedom Rally:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2325/2422074262_9e40236ecf.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040/2421259351_8f42b4345d.jpg

The Three Amigos: Teddy Terbolizard, Dean Santoro and BJ Lawson.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2401/2421258785_f84aa91f58.jpg

BJ Lawson during the National Anthem.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2422072502_977c337abd.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/2422072104_5e7850c9df.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2218/2422071380_bc4fb87326.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2242/2421256399_795f4e9941.jpg

Ron Paul and Congressional Candidate David Gay.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2277/2421255933_0d9659e722.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2421255097_ec6ffb89a6.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/2422067542_a2f9913a59.jpg

BJ speaks at the rally.

FireofLiberty
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2419/2422066530_4ba945392f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/2421251413_1ba73f3a3f.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2241/2422065200_ae2cab2538.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/2422064540_7c67bca72d.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2422063722_4717f855ce.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3178/2422063234_1893d1990d.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2234/2422062552_1e9cf7b07c.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3009/2422062000_a2fe9f486d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/2422061400_23e11b2fcb.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2316/2422060888_eb22d556ed.jpg

More of BJ speaking.

FireofLiberty
04-17-2008, 05:47 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2030/2422060338_3e36f6ae1a.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2141/2422059878_55f4ef05e3.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/2422057570_9d819c4964.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3128/2422058308_41a1b69b85.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2234/2421244519_4677c36e19.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2154/2421260511_ea64418644.jpg

Teddy Terbolizard enjoys a cigar on the Capitol lawn after the Freedom Rally.

kigol
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
hmmmmm

Highland
04-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I showed up right in the middle of Ron talking. I did not see him presented with the picture. I did, however, see Ron's lead security guard put it in a bag after he walked Ron and Carol back to Ron's office.

I am the one who contacted the artist and sent the costumes and Dr. Paul and Carol's pic....glad to see it made it to Dr. Paul...that was started in January and Joel Lemieux is the one who had them printed. Thanks for the info on it being given to him.

CAKochenash
04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
I am the one who contacted the artist and sent the costumes and Dr. Paul and Carol's pic....glad to see it made it to Dr. Paul...that was started in January and Joel Lemieux is the one who had them printed. Thanks for the info on it being given to him.

Thanks for your work, the picture is great!

olehounddog
04-17-2008, 07:05 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Ma.jpg

I'm the guy looking over his shoulder. :D Had a great time.

silverhandorder
04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Great Day

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02313.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02310.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02297.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02345.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02342.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02337.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02329.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02322.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02316.jpg

mdh
04-17-2008, 07:45 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/silverhandorder/DSC02310.jpg

Um... UFO in DC. OHSHI-!

pepperpete1
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Fire of Liberty,
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures.

4RP08inKCMO
04-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I can't wait for July 12th!

Soccrmastr
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Interesting rally....

pepperpete1
04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Not a flop

Gin
04-18-2008, 06:53 PM

awww now mdh ... you are only 2 1/2 hours farther out than I am....lol just messing with you..... sorry you couldn't make it in.... I was hoping you would, but then again... I didn't get there til mid afternoon myself... so it's all good.....we had 2 from the winchester meetup and 2 of us from shephardstown meetup go to the rally.... Ironically enough there were 2 Ron Paulinites at work on Weds...but they didn't go, but assured a coworker they would be at the DC rally....

btw... off topic, but how is the sign contest going up there.... it's not happening over here... no one seems too enthused....

anyway.... keep up the awesome job you are doing!!! oh and do you still have surplus signs??? Maybe I could send you $$ to ship them to me as it would cost more in gas to make the trip to Morgantown than it would to have you ship them... lmk.... thanks a bunch!

HollyforRP
04-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Why are people so rude about Granny Warrior's protest? It has nothing to do with the other march.

hawks4ronpaul
04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Vern.jpg
:)

Is it legal to make a finger-gun in DC?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Is it legal to make a finger-gun in DC?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

LOL

MelissaWV
04-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Bump merely because these pictures are great to see! (I wish the title of the thread were better though)

pepperpete1
04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Bump merely because these pictures are great to see! (I wish the title of the thread were better though)

I probably should have started a new one with a positive title.

LibertyRevolution
04-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I would just like to say that the neo nazi movement marched on DC and they keep talking about it and showing shots of it on CNN. I didnt see one damn thing about the revolution being in DC on the 15th. So I would have to agree, This rally must have been a flop...Atleast as far as the american people can tell by watching TV, it didnt even happen.

Bradley in DC
04-20-2008, 06:57 AM
I would just like to say that the neo nazi movement marched on DC and they keep talking about it and showing shots of it on CNN. I didnt see one damn thing about the revolution being in DC on the 15th. So I would have to agree, This rally must have been a flop...Atleast as far as the american people can tell by watching TV, it didnt even happen.

Pfft. If we were the neo-Nazis, it would have made the news. :eek:

constituent
04-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Pfft. If we were the neo-Nazis, it would have made the news. :eek:

if bradley was the neo-nazis (?)... pssshaw!:)

Highland
04-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks for your work, the picture is great!

You are oh so welcome....God Bless Ron Paul.