PDA

View Full Version : Political Lore RADIO!!!!!!!

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
We need your help for this!!!
Please donate here
www.politicallore.com/contributions

I promise you things will be up within a week!!!!!!

WE are rushing this, due to the RPR networks going down... which is sad.
We originally planned on doing this in the summer, but we have moved up the plans, to satisfy your need for Liberty Minded Radio!!!!

Please contribute what you can!

Looks like start up costs are going to run, $275ish.... PLEASE GUYS HELP WITH THIS!!!
Our ad revenue pays for hosting... and some writers fees... that is it.

I promise you will enjoy what you will be getting!!!!

we have a few things up our sleeves ;)

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 11:12 AM
THoughts, Comments????

yongrel
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
You're a for-profit site, right?

Am I correct when I assume that you are asking for donations in order to finance your business venture?

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Yes... There is no profit... But we hope that there will be.
But yes it's a for profit site.
We hope by this time next year, we will be the size of politico ;)

Right now I manage the site full time... Go to work part time... and Go to school full time, you can see how donations help.

Soon we will have a paid content section of the site, those who have donated over a certain amount, will get it free for so long... This will help with funding, and we will stop asking for donations. Until we get big enough, I still need to ask.

If you enjoy the site, and would like to see us grow, please donate.

We want to be your "Source For Liberty Minded News'
For a long long time...

This is just the make or break part of any business... we either keep on growing (need funding) or we just flutter and die.

yongrel
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm no Legal Eagle, but I'm fairly sure that asking for donations to support your business venture is questionable.

Investors are one thing, but straight donations seem to me to be a smidge unethical.

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 11:34 AM
lol everybody flocked to donate to the blimp, lol.

Would you like to invest?
or even a low interest loan?

yongrel
04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
lol everybody flocked to donate to the blimp, lol.

Would you like to invest?
or even a low interest loan?

I didn't flock to the blimp, and neither did a lot of folks with similar concerns. And incidentally, the blimp had to hire a legal team to make sure they didn't break any laws by soliciting "donations."

And no, I wouldn't like to invest. I'm saying that it would be less questionable.

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 11:42 AM
How about buying advertising for a candidate?
We offer incredibly low rates for "Liberty minded candidates"
Like we are talking low low low rates

ThePieSwindler
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I actually quite like the site, though i doubt itll ever be as large as politico. You need to appeal to more than just Ron Paul supporters if thats what you're lookin for.

yongrel
04-15-2008, 11:46 AM
How about buying advertising for a candidate?
We offer incredibly low rates for "Liberty minded candidates"
Like we are talking low low low rates

Are you now saying that you would sell the content of your site to the highest bidder? So if John Q. Taxpayer comes along and offers you 10k to feature pro-McCain content, you'll do that? I like the site, but I'm not sure I like this latest fund raising effort.

You seem to be missing the chief concern of mine: Why is a for-profit business soliciting donations? I am not well-versed in business law, but this does not strike me as something legal nor ethical.

MelissaWV
04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
1) RPR RPI RPRR streams are not down. I'm not sure how you assumed that they had all gone poof, other than listening to a certain someone trolling this board and other areas with rumors that this was the case. RPI is having provider trouble and that's about it. I'm not sure how any of the other sites are "down". The person saying they are down is, curiously enough, starting his own radio venture.

2) Asking for *donations* to a for-profit is going to get you in a hot mess. *Contributions* are another thing altogether. Make sure you watch how much you collect in contributions, though. Over a certain amount and you need to be an actual business (what type is up to you) and start reporting for tax purposes.

3) Good luck.

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Are you now saying that you would sell the content of your site to the highest bidder? So if John Q. Taxpayer comes along and offers you 10k to feature pro-McCain content, you'll do that? I like the site, but I'm not sure I like this latest fund raising effort.

You seem to be missing the chief concern of mine: Why is a for-profit business soliciting donations? I am not well-versed in business law, but this does not strike me as something legal nor ethical.

Ummm nooo....
Are you crazy? lol
We are talking about graphical ads... not the content.... Trust me on this one... we will never "sellout" for anything.

You may be right about donations, thanks for the advice!
Would you like to contribute?

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 12:11 PM
1) RPR RPI RPRR streams are not down. I'm not sure how you assumed that they had all gone poof, other than listening to a certain someone trolling this board and other areas with rumors that this was the case. RPI is having provider trouble and that's about it. I'm not sure how any of the other sites are "down". The person saying they are down is, curiously enough, starting his own radio venture.

2) Asking for *donations* to a for-profit is going to get you in a hot mess. *Contributions* are another thing altogether. Make sure you watch how much you collect in contributions, though. Over a certain amount and you need to be an actual business (what type is up to you) and start reporting for tax purposes.

3) Good luck.

Thanks for this

RPI is gone
RPRR is gone this week

We just want to start the radio network now, to curb your appetites as well as ours ;)

MelissaWV
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Despite your assurances, and the assurances of other people (who are you again?) that RPI is gone, it isn't. I'd appreciate it if you did not spread lies about other organizations, as that's not a very good way to begin your radio venture.

Your assurances that RPRR will be gone this week seem odd as well. Their coverage from DC today and advertising of it on this forum doesn't much seem like a death rattle, but what do I know, right?

Everyone else has the inside info!!! (or something)

I'm not sure who gave you your "inside scoop" though I have a hunch. If you're this easily mislead about something so simple, and so easily pursuaded to spread disinfo, then I worry for the chances of your business. That's as kindly as I can put it.

Cheers.

Politicallore
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I am not trying to spread lies or anything...

http://thespectra.net/rpp_wordpress/
He does a show, and indicated that RPI was down... But now he says that it might come back...

Insiders at RPRR have stated that this week will be there last... but I guess "who knows"

RPR stream is down for me, but maybe not for you.

www.rpiradio.com site is gone, do you have a link to their feed?

I guess who knows...

I hope they will all come back, or if they did not leave... stay.

question who was your "hunch"?

Despite your assurances, and the assurances of other people (who are you again?) that RPI is gone, it isn't. I'd appreciate it if you did not spread lies about other organizations, as that's not a very good way to begin your radio venture.

Your assurances that RPRR will be gone this week seem odd as well. Their coverage from DC today and advertising of it on this forum doesn't much seem like a death rattle, but what do I know, right?

Everyone else has the inside info!!! (or something)

I'm not sure who gave you your "inside scoop" though I have a hunch. If you're this easily mislead about something so simple, and so easily pursuaded to spread disinfo, then I worry for the chances of your business. That's as kindly as I can put it.

Cheers.

mdh
04-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for this

RPI is gone
RPRR is gone this week

We just want to start the radio network now, to curb your appetites as well as ours ;)

RPI is not gone. Our web server is temporarily down due to the provider being down entirely. I guess you get what you pay for, $72/month for unmetered 100mbit dedicated servers, we had two there, including web and dns... but the streams and chat servers are up.

Anyways, please don't spread disinformation about RPI being gone. This only makes you look dishonest, and is that really the image you want to start off with as a new media outlet?