PDA

View Full Version : Global Strike/Tax Day Updates

TastyWheat
04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Post your tax day experiences here (me first):

I took about 100 dvds with me and got rid of almost all of them in less than 1 hour. It's almost like they expected me, because only one entrance was open (usually it's 3). I made sure to hand them out as people left too. That way they couldn't throw them away inside and/or alert the employees. Only one person handed it back (after reading what it was) and a couple people even came up and asked for one. They liked how I said "Happy tax day." Eventually someone did complain and they said I couldn't be soliciting. I showed them the code that says I wasn't soliciting and he had to double check with the postmaster. When he came back he apologized (helps to know the law) and asked me about it and even asked for a copy! Just tell anyone who asks that its about the IRS and the tax code. Tell them its not political and not pushing an agenda (little white lie) if they dig deeper.

Well I'm out for the day. Good luck spreading the message of freedom.

princessredtights
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
bump :)

SweetMona
04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I spent hours and hours working on scrapbooking and getting over 500 greeting cards, had them mailed through nation-wide to Veteran Centers, Senior Centers, Fire Stations, Student Government Association at colleges and farmers. I would love to pass out Happy Tax Day DVDs with my yorkshire dog and "Love Liberty" shirt.

Let's continue to spread the message like wildfires! keep going! :p

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I showed them the code that says I wasn't soliciting and he had to double check with the postmaster.

Hey where is that code at? I saw it a few days ago and can't find it now. I've still got about 150 copies of AFTF left and will be heading out in a little while to the main post office here that is open after hours. Would love to print that and take it with me.

Overall we have about a dozen people handing out about 1200 copies today.

ItsTime
04-15-2008, 03:25 PM
good job guys!

TastyWheat
04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I posted it on a different thread, here's the "Conduct on Postal Property" policy:
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_06/39cfr232_06.html

If you want to poke your head in before handing out literature it may even be displayed on the interior.