PDA

View Full Version : shut up about ventura and bob barr!!

squandertime
04-15-2008, 08:08 AM
this is a ron paul forum!

used to be a place where we came together to do what ever it took to get RON PAUL elected- and since this is the time to bcome national delegates to take over the national convention...... shut up about ventura and bob barr!!

the only thing i know about bob barr is that interview he did with borat- where he is eating cheese made from borat's wife's teats!! bob barr seems like a total politician idiot!!

yongrel
04-15-2008, 08:10 AM
wait.. that was Bob Barr? hahahahahahaha

ItsTime
04-15-2008, 08:25 AM
This would be a very boring place if all we talked about were delegates. The grassroots needs to discuss how the revolution continues.

amy31416
04-15-2008, 08:26 AM
From Wikipedia:

He appeared in the mock documentary Borat! Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. He met with "Borat" (portrayed by Sacha Baron Cohen) in the United States Capitol where he was given cheese that Borat described as being made from his wife's breast milk.[24]

More charming info from Wikipedia:

Controversy

In 1999, during the impeachment trial of President Clinton, Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt offered money to anyone who could provide evidence that a prominent Republican had engaged in an extramarital affair. According to the American Journalism Review, "Barr was one of 13 House Republicans chosen to act as prosecutors in Clinton's Senate trial. Barr, Flynt's investigators found, "was guilty of king-size hypocrisy": An outspoken foe of abortion, the Georgia lawmaker had acquiesced to his then-wife having an abortion in 1983. And he had invoked a legal privilege during his 1985 divorce proceeding so he could refuse to answer questions on whether he'd cheated on his second wife with the woman who is now his third."[15]

ItsTime
04-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I think its funny and ironic how this thread turned into a barr thread LOL

squandertime
04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
o-well i tried...............

Carole
04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Ditto.

scandinaviany3
04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
nothing wrong with both viewpoints...thus the mods move things into their proper spots that dont fit the ron paul grassroots central all the time and into other candidates sections

Cinderella
04-15-2008, 09:37 AM
the movement isnt only about one person....if people are running on the same ideas we should at least be able to learn about them and choose whether or not we would support them....its a bit ridiculous to go around with only tunnel vission....btw i dislike barr but at least now i kno who he is

latkinson6
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
If you want to talk about Bob Barr there is a
bobbarrforums.com

Feelgood
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM

used to be a place where we came together to do what ever it took to get RON PAUL elected- and since this is the time to bcome national delegates to take over the national convention...... shut up about ventura and bob barr!!

+1

Been trying to stress this point for sometime now... :rolleyes:

constituent
04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
the movement isnt only about one person....if people are running on the same ideas we should at least be able to learn about them and choose whether or not we would support them....its a bit ridiculous to go around with only tunnel vission....btw i dislike barr but at least now i kno who he is

i'm sorry, which "same ideas?"

garyallen59
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
alan keyes was also in borat he is the one referred to as "genuine chocolate face"

Alex Libman
04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
It's up to the property owners to set the rules, but IMHO this forum is a valid place to discuss who Ron Paul should endorse in the November election, since he himself obviously will not be on the ballot. (Unless he changes his mind about a third party run, of course...)

crazyfingers
04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
It's up to the property owners to set the rules, but IMHO this forum is a valid place to discuss who Ron Paul should endorse in the November election, since he himself obviously will not be on the ballot. (Unless he changes his mind about a third party run, of course...)

I would be shocked if Ron Paul endorsed anyone. He said he wouldn't endorse McCain unless he dramatically changes his views (won't happen) and his emphasis on working within the GOP means he's not going to throw away whatever gains have been made - and validate his detractors accusations that he's not a "real" Republican - on the endorsement of a 3rd party candidacy.

dannno
04-15-2008, 12:04 PM
If you want to talk about Bob Barr there is a
bobbarrforums.com

If you're going to direct people to other forums, there is a

www.directpeopletootherforums.com

Please don't do it here, I like open discussion and so does Ron Paul.

(note I am ok with the OP expressing their opinion, but I'm not a big fan of fascists telling people what to do)

ClayTrainor
04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
If you're going to direct people to other forums, there is a

www.directpeopletootherforums.com

Please don't do it here, I like open discussion and so does Ron Paul.

(note I am ok with the OP expressing their opinion, but I'm not a big fan of fascists telling people what to do)

+1

If we don't talk about other potential candidates to support that are similar to ron paul, we're indeed being counter-productive in my opinion.

Ron paul is a great man, and still has a small chance at the nod, dont get me wrong but, i've read ventura's book and watched all of his interviews and i can tell you we need to discuss this man, he has the drive to win the election and his platform is very similar to Pauls!

Feelgood
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
If we don't talk about other potential candidates to support that are similar to ron paul, we're indeed being counter-productive in my opinion.

Moot point and meaningless. Apparently youve been living under a rock, like so many others and do not understand, what is coming, or what is at stake. :(

Ron paul is a great man, and still has a small chance at the nod, dont get me wrong but, i've read ventura's book and watched all of his interviews and i can tell you we need to discuss this man, he has the drive to win the election and his platform is very similar to Pauls!

You should take a closer look at Ventura, just his stance on immigration alone makes me sick, and I wont even consider him. He is not someone I would ever truly give any relevance or creedance to. Could you honestly see this man as POTUS? Seriously?

qwerty
04-15-2008, 12:20 PM

the only thing i know about bob barr is that interview he did with borat- where he is eating cheese made from borat's wife's teats!! bob barr seems like a total politician idiot!!

WE NEED TO SUPPORT EVERY MAINSTREAM PEOPLE WHJO TALK ABOUT OUR IDEAS!

VENTURA SEEMS TO BE ONE OF THEM!

Elwar
04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
WE NEED TO SUPPORT EVERY MAINSTREAM PEOPLE WHJO TALK ABOUT OUR IDEAS!

We don't need to support people who talk about our ideas and then get into office and do the complete opposite.

qwerty
04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
We don't need to support people who talk about our ideas and then get into office and do the complete opposite.

Show me that on Ventura ? or shut up ?

Aratus
04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
"squandertime" was not simply talking about us all speculating on a VENTURA/BARR ticket?
and as to this more than ALAN KEYES humor, dare i meantion now the BRUNO updates i
have done? i know i drove poor nice "SteveMartin" up the wall with my gonzo questions!

Aratus
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
people here were actually almost accusing me of severe dadaism! (like who is hugo ball?)

Aratus
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM

used to be a place where we came together to do what ever it took to
get RON PAUL elected- and since this is the time to bcome national delegates
to take over the national convention...... shut up about ventura and bob barr!!

the only thing i know about bob barr is that interview
he did with borat- where he is eating cheese made from borat's wife's teats!!
bob barr seems like a total politician idiot!!

she did have a point! lets focus on Ron Paul even if we all have our bright ideas!

phree
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM

Chillax.

Aratus
09-14-2012, 07:17 AM
needless to say, sometimes goat cheese is just only goat cheese and we forgave jesse benton his slight slip~up.

odds are that if SBC's "borat" tries to interview mitch mcconnell methinks jesse will see thru the ruse this tyme!!!

Unknownuser
09-14-2012, 07:40 AM
+1

Been trying to stress this point for sometime now... :rolleyes:

Didn't Ron Paul once endorse him?

acptulsa
09-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Didn't Ron Paul once endorse him?

Don't know if you're talking about Ventura or Barr.

Not that it matters. The answer is no. He has appeared on the same stage as both, though never at the same time. But an endorsement? No.