PDA

View Full Version : None Of The Above

pinkmandy
04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
We had a great meetup this past weekend and one guy was discussing something he has been involved with for awhile. Sounds very interesting to me- a BINDING none of the above option for every election. What are your thoughts? Here's the link to their site:
http://votenoneoftheabove.us/

Of course we need to be sure the votes actually COUNT but I think this is something I could get behind.

Joseph Hart
04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Ummm no, Ill vote for Ron Paul thank you.

Kotin
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
I think its a great idea mandy.

Im in.

pinkmandy
04-14-2008, 08:33 PM

We're talking about for FUTURE elections. ;) I am also voting for RP. Do you really think we could get something like this passed before the election? Lmao. This is something that would take years.

Kludge
04-14-2008, 08:33 PM

This could also be used in local/state elections if no acceptable candidates are on the ballot.

pinkmandy
04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
This could also be used in local/state elections if no acceptable candidates are on the ballot.

Right. And they'd be forced to offer NEW candidates. The opposition to this is the cost of a new election but as was pointed out that is money well spent if we can keep the greasy politicians out.

nate895
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Right. And they'd be forced to offer NEW candidates. The opposition to this is the cost of a new election but as was pointed out that is money well spent if we can keep the greasy politicians out.

It's only a few million to carry out an election in a big state. We can take the money that we were spending in Iraq and finance the next 50 Presidential Elections+all the elections in between.