PDA

View Full Version : Attempt to organize and centralize others running on RP platform.

amy31416
04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
So, here is the beginning of my attempts to organize and hopefully bring some focus on the other RP candidates running.

First off, this is 5 minutes worth of work, no where near comprehensive--I'd like feedback as to who else should be on this list and also, on how to rank them in a meaningful way.

Suggest people to add, more categories, tell me it's a waste of time, whatever your thoughts are. My idea is to build it with grassroots help, update donations and rankings weekly or more frequently if necessary.

Here's a link to the online spreadsheet I'm using: http://www.editgrid.com/user/amy31416/RP_Candidates

amy31416
04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh, and FYI, I'm using all the names I knew of, and essentially just taking names from the "local candidates" section without bias. If you're of the opinion that someone should not be on the list. That's fine...just let me know why.

dsentell
04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Who else should be on the list? All the candidates listed on www.paulcongress.com.

What is the "ranking". How do you figure that?

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Nice. Don't know how many will have experience, but a note along those lines would be nice. If there is a voting record, a link to it would also be nice. And, yes, me too--how will you gather those rankings?

amy31416
04-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Nice. Don't know how many will have experience, but a note along those lines would be nice. If there is a voting record, a link to it would also be nice. And, yes, me too--how will you gather those rankings?

Great suggestions....if you look at my first post, I'm looking for suggestions. Maybe have the important parts Ron Paul's platform as a template--from there, it's an easy yes/no as to whether or not they are on board, give it a percentage--but I'm also interested in including a few other aspects to this ranking, such as: experience, how well the campaign is being run--things like that, which are a bit more ephemeral. Could even be a part of a poll or something. Not sure, looking for suggestions.

amy31416
04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Who else should be on the list? All the candidates listed on www.paulcongress.com.

What is the "ranking". How do you figure that?

I'm keeping it down to people who've recently been suggested for support on these boards for now.

And yeah, don't know about the rank, that's why I was asking for suggestions.