PDA

View Full Version : Democrats File in Court: McCain Finance Questionable

constituent
04-14-2008, 06:19 AM
from rawstory (http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/Democrats_McCain_financing_question_04132008.html)

apparently they've asked a federal judge to order an investigation?

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 06:29 AM
apparently they've asked a federal judge to order an investigation?

Well, they're good for something.

ItsTime
04-14-2008, 07:26 AM
we should be filing our own lawsuit to get him not to be the nominee because he fraudulantly got on some state ballots

tajitj
04-14-2008, 07:33 AM
This was on all the MSM sites. Hopefully it goes somewhere now. I knew the Dems would pick this up. No reason to donate the lady earlier. Obama raised 40 million in March they can affort a lawyer.

hillertexas
04-14-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm glad they took the initiative, but I don't think we can trust the Dems to take care of this completely. I think they want John McCain to win the nomination because he is an easy kill in the general election.

Bruno
04-14-2008, 07:51 AM
hehehehehehehe. That's awesome!

Join The Paul Side
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
we should be filing our own lawsuit to get him not to be the nominee because he fraudulantly got on some state ballots

Is the fact that McCain manipulated the system to gain ballot access not appealing to the Dems? They only seem to be bitching about the money. :(

FrankRep
04-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Awesome!

JaylieWoW
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Is the fact that McCain manipulated the system to gain ballot access not appealing to the Dems? They only seem to be bitching about the money. :(

I thought this had more to do with the RNC's rules per state. Likely they don't have any legal recourse for ballot access since it is up to the RNC in the state and not really having anything to do with McCain's idiotic finance reform. At the heart of this, regardless of his ballot access "cheating", is the federal law provisions, so I'd say they are appropriately filing.