PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Spying, Satellites will soon point to US.

syborius
04-14-2008, 12:31 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/11/AR2008041103655.html

With all the debate about domestic spying and civil liberties, and the peoples absolute disgust with what is happening it appears the bureaucrats continue to plunder forth at an ever increasing speed by dismantling more of our freedom's and anonymity. :cool:

Dr.3D
04-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I don't really understand what kind of data they are going to get from those satellites. They make some claims and then mention law enforcement. How does climate change and mapping have anything to do with law enforcement?

Mopsus
04-14-2008, 03:09 AM
The administration in May 2007 gave DHS authority to coordinate requests for satellite imagery, radar, electronic-signal information, chemical detection and other monitoring capabilities that have been used for decades within U.S. borders for mapping and disaster response.

Yeah sure..... this billion dollar spy telescope/ tracking device will be used for ethical and constitutionally compliant reasons to make sure Cousin Eddie's trailer didn't get blown over by the tornado. This should be good.:eek:

And exactly who'd be requesting this data? I can just imagine the complete capabilities of this thing.

This BS takes "sneek and peek" searches to literally a new level.

coyote_sprit
04-14-2008, 03:45 AM
It's good to see our country cares for us so much....

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 07:17 AM
If you really believe this is new and hasn't been going on for years, I've got a nice toll bridge I could let you have cheap...