PDA

View Full Version : independent should rise up....

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
after listening to all the candidates it is obvious now that we need two candidates not one to come out and run.

I listened to barr...but he has many, many weakness i did not expect that make him too close to mccain to take him out.

I think we need replacements this year for the democrats and republican tickets.

for the democrats let the independent parties rally behind the jessy ventura for socially liberal but pro america values.

for the republican ticket the independent parties rally behind judge roy moore for socially conservative but pro america values.

This needs to happen to bring reality back to the election process.
Edit/Delete Message

Kludge
04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
So.... What are Libertarians supposed to be doing...?

I'd still vote for Barr. Judge Moore belongs in the CP, not the LP.

yongrel
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM
If Ross Perot's billions can't buy an independent presidency...

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Barr on Cspan was confusing, also on fox he doesnt have anyones support so he seems to be cannon fodder.

We will see. He has to stand on one side of the other at least like paul has had to do on key issues to get supporters. It cant be left over to vague federalism, or other discussions. People see that one way or the other as weakness.

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
perot beat himself....he hated the media, did hard statements against gays, quit then, when polls had him in the lead, then decided to come back after the people felt he betrayed them. He still had a chance but too many people were left feeling confused on him to risk voting for him.

It had nothing to do with the money. it had all to do with mr. perot.

Kludge
04-13-2008, 09:54 PM
So... I got bored and started surfing Wikipedia...

Apparently THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Kirk_Grimes) fellow is running under the "fascist" ticket

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
So... I got bored and started surfing Wikipedia...

Apparently THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Kirk_Grimes) fellow is running under the "fascist" ticket

he is too close to bush dont you think on policies?

ClayTrainor
04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Jesse Ventura is the man we need for an independant run, if we actually want to win!

Have you guys seen him on the FOX interviews yet? He's very aggressive, and even raises great questions about 9/11 since he was a Navy Seal demolition expert.

It is my personal opinion that Jesse Ventura is by far the most capable to actually beat both democrats and republicans in the general election... i cant see bob barr or even Ron Paul being as successful as Ventura.

Kludge
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
I really wouldn't mind Bloomberg if he'd decide to run... Better then current candidates and probably has the best chance to swing "independent" voters.

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Jesse Ventura is the man we need for an independant run, if we actually want to win!

Have you guys seen him on the FOX interviews yet? He's very aggressive, and even raises great questions about 9/11 since he was a Navy Seal demolition expert.

It is my personal opinion that Jesse Ventura is by far the most capable to actually beat both democrats and republicans in the general election... i cant see bob barr or even Ron Paul being as successful as Ventura.

I agree that ventura would peal away a lot of voters on the democrat, libertarian, anti nwo, 9/11 truth people and create a large voter block to win.

He badly would need workers to get him independent status like nadar.

He would stop swing voters for mccain and obama in their tracks.

Then if roy moore came in he could take away the voters for mccain altogether.

Then it would be a 3 way race obama, ventura and moore.

We would control 2 out of 3 there and those are odds i want to see.

Kotin
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
If Ross Perot's billions can't buy an independent presidency...

well, the problem was that he dropped out then re-entered the race.

if he had not done that he probably would have won.

Jesse Ventura could do it.

think of him in the debates!

JRegs85
04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
The best hope for a third party presidency this year: McCain picks a moderate VP, angering conservatives; Hillary takes the nomination in a huge convention fight, angering Obama supporters; Bloomberg runs with Obama as his VP; LP nominates a popular, well-known candidate (Bob Barr and Ron Paul are the only two that come to mind).

Somehow in the electoral confusion the LP candidate assumes office.

ClayTrainor
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
He badly would need workers to get him independent status like nadar.

Well, i think we can find him some of those :)

Kotin
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
The best hope for a third party presidency this year: McCain picks a moderate VP, angering conservatives; Hillary takes the nomination in a huge convention fight, angering Obama supporters; Bloomberg runs with Obama as his VP; LP nominates a popular, well-known candidate (Bob Barr and Ron Paul are the only two that come to mind).

they way the LP has been working they will never take the oval office.

this scenario isn't likely to happen..

scandinaviany3
04-13-2008, 10:24 PM

interesting point for the mccain googlers. If he does go moderate on vp choice that would really turn up the heat on him. But honestly if goes strong conservative as vp then he has to fear his own life. He is not well loved any way you cut it by anyone.

Tough choices for him.

Would be weird now if hillary won and bloomberg/obama would shake things up for sure for the democrats.

I think in some states it is already too late to nominate a party presidential ticket like texas. But they could nominate a independent so party lines could mix then, and probably best to get at least 2 party replacements in their