PDA

View Full Version : Idea for spreading the message at the Texas Straw Poll

UCFGavin
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I was reading this article:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/207628.html

and I saw this part of it

Planned protests

As many as 5,000 protesters from across the nation, including parents of troops who died in war, and Iraq veterans opposed to the war, are expected to show up. A block has been set aside for protests on Main Street between Eighth and Ninth streets.

"We are calling this the American People's Poll on Iraq and the Texas Town Hall," said Alyssa Burgin, spokeswoman fro the Austin-based group Texans for Peace, which is helping organize the protest. "We want everyone to see how many people there are in the U.S. who are opposed to the course in Iraq.

"If you can just win them over to your side ... that's what we're trying to do. One citizen at a time, one officeholder at a time. ... We want to make them understand the best thing they can do to support the troops is to bring them home."

I'm not sure if this was pointed out before...but this is a lot of people that we could reach out to.

LibertyEagle
08-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes, it is probably the Cindy Sheehan crowd. Cindy Sheehan and the Republican Party DO NOT MIX. They're already trying to group Dr. Paul with this kind of group, in addition to the label of a cut-and-runner. Let's not give them extra fodder. Seriously.

Please, please remember that we have to win the Republican nomination first. After that, it won't matter.

UCFGavin
08-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, it is probably the Cindy Sheehan crowd. Cindy Sheehan and the Republican Party DO NOT MIX. They're already trying to group Dr. Paul with this kind of group, in addition to the label of a cut-and-runner. Let's not give them extra fodder. Seriously.

Please, please remember that we have to win the Republican nomination first. After that, it won't matter.

I wouldn't say the ex-Iraq soldiers are the same crowd as her. however, i know they have a common goal.