PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of delegates in the states

The Good Doctor
04-13-2008, 02:09 PM
So in light of what has happened in MN, Alaska, and Washington (not sure where else) is anyone keeping track of how this may affect the total number of delegates McCain will be getting?

If this is happening in all states, can this prevent McCain from getting the nomination? And how will this affect the convention? Will it be brokered?

Sorry, but I think this is new ground we may be treading here concerning the process. Although I am still trying to learn.

Drsteveparent
04-13-2008, 02:31 PM
So in light of what has happened in MN, Alaska, and Washington (not sure where else) is anyone keeping track of how this may affect the total number of delegates McCain will be getting?

If this is happening in all states, can this prevent McCain from getting the nomination? And how will this affect the convention? Will it be brokered?

Sorry, but I think this is new ground we may be treading here concerning the process. Although I am still trying to learn.

If things continue as they are we have a very good shot and winning in September.

I have most of the numbers of our actual delegates for these meetup groups that have been involved have been sending them to me after every convention however i am not going to make that information public at this time.

What i will say is that the reports in the media do not even come close to how many delegates we actually have.

I will let you know more soon but yes if we keep this up we have a good chance at forcing a brokered convention and i said we just need to have a few key states unbind thier delegates and we can win this thing in September.

Dr. Steve Parent

rich34
04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Don't we have to win at least 4 or 5 states to be even eligible to force a brokered convention?

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
not from my understanding so long as McCain is held to 1190 or less

Drsteveparent
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Don't we have to win at least 4 or 5 states to be even eligible to force a brokered convention?

No for you are confusing winning a primary compared to obtaining delegates.

We only need to obtain the majority of delegates in 5 states NOT WIN THE PRIMARY IN 5 STATES.

The Good Doctor
04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
This is great news! You may as well hold it until we get the majority of the delegates in more than five states. Nontheless it is very encouraging and thank you for sharing! :D

If things continue as they are we have a very good shot and winning in September.

I have most of the numbers of our actual delegates for these meetup groups that have been involved have been sending them to me after every convention however i am not going to make that information public at this time.

What i will say is that the reports in the media do not even come close to how many delegates we actually have.

I will let you know more soon but yes if we keep this up we have a good chance at forcing a brokered convention and i said we just need to have a few key states unbind thier delegates and we can win this thing in September.

Dr. Steve Parent

No1ButPaul08
04-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Do you really believe this? Intrade.com shows Ron having a 1.4% chance of winning, which i believe is mostly due to die hard supporters holding on to their shares. If you are correct and our chances are, "very good," then this would be one of the best betting opportunities of all time.

Only 2 states have elected state delegates thus far we have a long way to go.
Most states have not even had a convention nor even a primary yet

Now I assure you that even though we didn't win the popular vote in many states, WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES OVER ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST STATES. So yes, they won the straw poll, and we won what counts – which is delegates.

Let me see if I get this straight, on 3/16, "WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES OVER ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST STATES," but on 4/7, "only 2 states have elected state delegates thus far we have a long way to go.

I should point out that neither one of these statements is true. Who knows what Steve's numbers show (some of his other statements have been very misleading, like the one's quoted above), but to public knowledge we haven't picked up the majority of delegates in ANY state. We came close in ND (which was one of our top 3 or 4 states) but came up 1 short losing 12-11. Green Papers show 18 states having hard delegates, meaning the delegates have been elected and/or can't be changed, much greater than the 2 Steve spoke of 6 days ago (it might have been 14 when he said that). Of these 18, we haven't recieved the majority in any of them. Two of those, AK and ND, were 2 of our strongest states. Another one of our strong states, MN, we have 7/18 that have been elected.

So for Steve's statement to be true that we have most delegates in most states (even though only 2 states have elected delgates, also according to Steve), we would have to win 26/37 of the remaining states/territories. We are 0/18 so far

Like another poster said in the other thread, with only 2 candidates vying for the nomination, there really can't be a brokered convention.

What key states were you thinking?

Drsteveparent
04-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Do you think i care what intrade says?

Do you think i care what the MSM says?

Do you think i even care what you say?

You also seem to forget romney and huck delegates and i have not heard they have officaly withdrawn only suspended.

You have no clue at all.

MN was our strongest state?

WRONG

WA has been thus far with over 2/3 of all the delegates thus far.

Most states were the states that i refered was the states that had a caucus directly after the primary.

But i forgot you claim it would be good if a democrat gets in the white house

hueylong
04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
mccain has 632 'hard pledged' according to the greenpapers...

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R.phtml

No1ButPaul08
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Do you think i care what intrade says?
You might not, but if you are correct and our chances are "very good." Then at over 50-1, this is truly one of the greatest betting opportunities of all time. Intrade has nothing to with MSM, this is real people betting real (well, kind of) money setting the price just like a stock market.

Do you think i care what the MSM says?
No, but neither do I. I also never said you did, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here

Do you think i even care what you say?

Do you care what anybody who disagrees with you says?

You also seem to forget romney and huck delegates and i have not heard they have officaly withdrawn only suspended.

No, I seem to remember Romney releasing his delegates, urging them to back McCain
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/14/AR2008021403485_pf.html

I couldn't find the same for Huckabee. However, if we did get close to the nomination, I can say with 99.99999% certainty that Huckabee will release his delegates to protect McCain and the party. He has already endorsed him. I would guess he would release his delegates even if we don't close. In 2000, McCain and Bush were bitter rivals, yet McCain released his delegates and Bush won all but 3 delegates (2 for McCain, 1 for Alan Keyes)

MN was our strongest state?
WRONG
WA has been thus far with over 2/3 of all the delegates thus far.

I said it was one of our strongest, not the strongest. We got over 20% of the votes and at least 7 national delegates, it was easily one of our strongest states.

Most states were the states that i refered was the states that had a caucus directly after the primary.

Well it didn't say We have the majority of delegates that hold a caucus after a primary. It said we have a majority of delegates in most states. Like I said, so far we are 0/18.

But i forgot you claim it would be good if a democrat gets in the white house

Never did I claim it would be good. One can have an opinion on the potenial matchup of McCain vs Dem, can they not?

orlandoinfl
04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
DrSteveParent's Seminar on Robert's Rules of Order (Using the Rules Against the Machine) can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DrSteveParent

Zera
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
When we're talking about best states, we mean convention-wise, not primaries...

No1ButPaul08
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
When we're talking about best states, we mean convention-wise, not primaries...

Our best states are the one's that send delegates to the national convention either bound to RP or unbound and supporting RP. I could have left the part about MN getting 20% and the point would have been the same. It was one of our strongest states

So far, Alaska (5 delegates), MN (7), and ND (11) have been 3 of our best states. A couple upcoming states could pass them, but until they do these 3 have been our best states. These were also 3 of our best states with regards to vote %. While not a direct relationship, it is more likely that we will be stronger in the states where we received a higher percentage of the vote.

Phantom
04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Cheers orlandoinfl

Other Dr Steve Parent recordings on the delegate process can be found here (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/recordings.html#recordings)

kigol
04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
:)

defe07
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Our best states are the one's that send delegates to the national convention either bound to RP or unbound and supporting RP. I could have left the part about MN getting 20% and the point would have been the same. It was one of our strongest states

So far, Alaska (5 delegates), MN (7), and ND (11) have been 3 of our best states. A couple upcoming states could pass them, but until they do these 3 have been our best states. These were also 3 of our best states with regards to vote %. While not a direct relationship, it is more likely that we will be stronger in the states where we received a higher percentage of the vote.

I read on Daily Paul a few days ago that Dr. Paul got 14 from AK.

No1ButPaul08
04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
I read on Daily Paul a few days ago that Dr. Paul got 14 from AK.

Not according to this post

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128748&highlight=alaska+delegates

Alaska let Romney and Huck keep their delegates, saying they only suspended their campaigns. These will almost certainly be released before the convention (Romney has already said he will, and Huckabee has endorsed McCain).

orlandoinfl
04-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Cheers orlandoinfl

Other Dr Steve Parent recordings on the delegate process can be found here (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/recordings.html#recordings)

oh wow, good stuff.