PDA

View Full Version : Ron's Birthday Card

Razmear
08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
If you saw Ron's Birthday card at:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/birthday/birthday-wishes

And wondered how many folks are listed, I just loaded the names into a spreadsheet as a tab separated list to get a count, and as of their 8/20/07, 7:04 PM update there are 273 names in each column, times 5 columns, minus 8 for the last column stagger for a total of 1357 Birthday donors each giving a minimum of $20 for at least a $27,140 birthday present for Ron Paul.

eb

OURPLAN
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I donated $25, but my name is not listed.:(

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Chibioz
08-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Donated an extra $10. :)

DAZ
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I donated $25, but my name is not listed.:(

The staffers have got to sleep sometime! I doubt they have a system for automatically updating the list. I'm sure us evening-donaters will show up eventually.

quickmike
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
damn, where were you guys on my birthday?:D

Razmear
08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
My 41st birthday will be January 20, 2009.
I think you all know what I want for a present :D

eb

quickmike
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
My 41st birthday will be January 20, 2009.
I think you all know what I want for a present :D

eb

A walking cane??? Some depends undergarments??? :D

Revolution9
08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
My birthday is next month (hint, hint).

The little clown car with matching propeller beanie and 800 pound squid are gonna be on your doorstep a waitin' come that unmemorable occasion.:cool:

Randy

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-21-2007, 07:36 AM

Slugg
08-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Randy,

Are you threatening me?

With an 800 pound invertebrate no less!! :eek:

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-21-2007, 07:48 AM

Slugg
08-21-2007, 07:49 AM
It's the part where a guy who has previously said he wants to kick my face in mentions showing up on my doorstep that I find potentially threatening.

Whoops, didn't mean to stumble onto a real fued, thought you guy's were goofin'.

quickmike
08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Whoops, didn't mean to stumble onto a real fued, thought you guy's were goofin'.

LOL....................DOH!!!

internet fights are the best!!!

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-21-2007, 08:08 AM

DjLoTi
08-21-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty sure he's kidding, man. :P

Randy's really a chill and intelligent guy. He just gets a bad rep sometimes. Just don't take it too personal.

quickmike
08-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Despite the obvious humor of this being the equivalent of the scene in the western movie where two cowboys enter the street and everybody else dives for cover, I'm seriously considering bugging out of here due to this.

A flame war is one thing, but physical threats and talk of coming to somebody's home are another. I have the safety of my family to consider, not to mention the fact that I would really prefer not to have to hose Randy's splattered entrails off my front porch.

Randy, it's up to you. Are you kidding or not?

No, dont do that. I wouldnt worry about it. This kind of stuff always happens on the internet and nothing ever comes out of it. Just remember you guys agree on one thing ................ RON PAUL

cant be a bad thing now can it?

LibertyEagle
08-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Man, somehow we've got to tap some of the big money for Dr. Paul. At some point, we're all going to be at the limit. We need some of the older folks to get on-board with this campaign, who can pitch in the full 2300, right up front, or something close to it.

The campaign is going to need MAJOR money to advertise in 50 states. 2.4 million is chickenfeed.

Anyone heard anything about that big music festival that was going to happen at some point? I know there was Ronstock, but I thought something, perhaps on a larger scale, was being planned to hopefully bring in a lot of money.

quickmike
08-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Man, somehow we've got to tap some of the big money for Dr. Paul. At some point, we're all going to be at the limit. We need some of the older folks to get on-board with this campaign, who can pitch in the full 2300, right up front, or something close to it.

The campaign is going to need MAJOR money to advertise in 50 states. 2.4 million is chickenfeed.

Anyone heard anything about that big music festival that was going to happen at some point? I know there was Ronstock, but I thought something, perhaps on a larger scale, was being planned to hopefully bring in a lot of money.

Ron already said in an interview that they have 100 or more new supporters joining his site every day, so I dont think the money things gonna be a problem as long as all those new people keep donating. Not to mention all the new people that the 100 a day also turn on to Ron Paul. Just think of it as a huge pyramid that keeps growing expotentialy and it will gain speed most likely as the average person starts showing more interest in politics during the fall months. Remember, most of us are political junkies and are not your "average" voter. Once they start shopping around for a candidate, many of them will undoubtedly see much to like about Ron Paul........................ no worries mate!!

We just have to keep up the campaigning and door to door and getting the word out to the masses. If we do that, things will happen. Ron has a good message that cannot be ignored, unless of course they never hear it.

Get out there and make it happen!!!!!!!!

Slugg
08-21-2007, 08:55 AM

Yeah, what we need is focus. We need some people to host a dinner at a nice restaurant, invite the upper class people of the area; and show Ron Paul videos (focused on economic policy, health care, and illigeal immigration)....I can't do it from out here; but I am still trying to find a way to tap the Americans in my locale.

I think this may be a good thing for local celebrities to be a part of also...

I'm just thinking 'out loud'

klamath
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
We really need to win NH. People donate to winners.

Dary
08-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I see that they updated the b-day card.

Near as I can tell there were 1563 people to sign it.

At 20 buck a pop that comes out to $31,260.

I wonder how much was actually raised.