PDA

View Full Version : 5 delegates from oklahoma!

kirkblitz
04-13-2008, 04:04 AM
" No Paul or Huckabee candidates were elected but they did manage to turn the convention into a marathon requiring 36 ballots just to elect the three delegates. Paul supporter Ryan Underwood finished second for all seven positions chosen.

As it turns out, the First District was the only one not to elect at least one Paul candidate. The Fifth District elected two delegates
and two alternates from among the Paul supporters. Statewide, five Paul delegates and six alternates where chosen."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080413_1_A16_spanc30101

kirkblitz
04-13-2008, 07:05 AM
yay!

Dustancostine
04-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Double Yay

nc4rp
04-13-2008, 09:52 AM
nice!! congrats!

Zera
04-13-2008, 10:53 AM
uhh... That's not very good news. I mean, it's ok, but still not great.

speciallyblend
04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
GREAT NEWS,just depends on how you look at it. I think it backs the gop into a corner,if they nominate mccain they lose the general election. If they ignore ron paul then the gop falls apart even more and after the general election we pick up the pieces.
either way the gop is in serious trouble and they only have themselves to blame with their endorsed blackout of ron paul thru the primaries..

d03boy
04-13-2008, 11:19 AM
how many total delegates were there?

Roxi
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
awesome! Ryan is a SUPER COOL guy, who is a close friend of mine, and we could not have made it to new hampshire without this guy!

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 12:23 PM
are these National delegates?

kirkblitz
04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
yep they are national, they are 5 out of i think somewhere under 15 delegates up for grabs. The state convention nominates most of the national delegates except those already elected

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
sweet.....gotta tell no1butpaul to update his spreadsheet again

torchbearer
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
sweet.....gotta tell no1butpaul to update his spreadsheet again

where is his spreadsheet?

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 06:43 AM
As usual, the World got the story very wrong. Firstly, the state requires the delegates be bound until the candidate drops out. This First District delegates are unbound from the start. Secondly, the First District convention was hardly a marathon. The old school leaders of the local party tried to shove in some last minute rules passed by a select few of the Rules Committee and tried a few parliamentary tricks to shove it through. Other, more honest old line party leaders cried foul and most of the delegates sided with this honest faction and us. This added an unnecessary hour to the convention before we passed a set of rules which were, in essence, the same old rules that had been in effect for nearly a decade--and the neocon delegate list trumped ours in very normal, quick balloting. The only thing that made it something of a marathon was an election count system which Ron Paul supporters selflessly helped with from start to finish. It was mainly designed to make sure our faction didn't get thrown so much as a bone and took hours to complete. All in all, we won no delegates but we did expose to all delegates just how fairly their leaders "play ball".

So, we're pleased to claim a moral victory. Now--on to state. Wish us luck. I expect we'll need it.

Conza88
04-14-2008, 07:19 AM
As usual, the World got the story very wrong. Firstly, the state requires the delegates be bound until the candidate drops out. This First District delegates are unbound from the start. Secondly, the First District convention was hardly a marathon. The old school leaders of the local party tried to shove in some last minute rules passed by a select few of the Rules Committee and tried a few parliamentary tricks to shove it through. Other, more honest old line party leaders cried foul and most of the delegates sided with this honest faction and us. This added an unnecessary hour to the convention before we passed a set of rules which were, in essence, the same old rules that had been in effect for nearly a decade--and the neocon delegate list trumped ours in very normal, quick balloting. The only thing that made it something of a marathon was an election count system which Ron Paul supporters selflessly helped with from start to finish. It was mainly designed to make sure our faction didn't get thrown so much as a bone and took hours to complete. All in all, we won no delegates but we did expose to all delegates just how fairly their leaders "play ball".

So, we're pleased to claim a moral victory. Now--on to state. Wish us luck. I expect we'll need it.

Epic. Good luck!!!

Jeremy
04-14-2008, 07:49 AM
5 for national from one state? Well some sources still say we have 4 delegates overall in the entire country, LOL

Well we knew they weren't even remotely close all along :p

RP4EVER
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
where is his spreadsheet?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

LEK
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like it was tough going - good job!

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I explained to the Tulsa World how they got it wrong and invited them to actually send a reporter to state so they could get that one right. No response. I think I'll not hold my breath waiting for that one to hit the letters column...

Truth Warrior
04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
:cool:

torchbearer
04-16-2008, 06:22 PM
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

thank you