PDA

View Full Version : “The Campaign Has Just Begun”–Ron Paul

dirtyp
04-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Ron Paul campaigned in Pennsylvania this week, for the second week in a row. He spoke to enthusiastic crowds at both Gettysburgh College and Penn State University. He said he would continue to campaign as long as he had supporters, and the crowds at the two colleges showed that he still numerous and enhusiastic supporters in Pennsylvania.

There was plenty of entusiasm in Gettysburgh as Paul told his supporters that the Pennsylvania primary is important, even if his momination seems out of reach. His campaign has combined the message of economic freedom which was long a message of conervative Republicans with the message of personal freedom, which has been most identified with the Democrats.
http://ronpaulforum.info/index.php/topic,85.0.html
http://waronyou.com/2008/04/the-campaigh-has-just-begun-ron-paul/

Feelgood
04-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I cant find the actual quote in the article, where RP said "the campaign has just begun". Would love to see that, and the context it is in. If this is coming from RP himself, then Im guessing something big is about to come out, and it may be something to re-invigorate the campaign. Might get the ole money ticker moving again. :)

TruthAtLast
04-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I cant find the actual quote in the article, where RP said "the campaign has just begun". Would love to see that, and the context it is in. If this is coming from RP himself, then Im guessing something big is about to come out, and it may be something to re-invigorate the campaign. Might get the ole money ticker moving again. :)

it wouldn't take much to get the money ticker moving. He could send an email out saying he wanted to buy 1 million keychains and he'd still raise 1 million+. I think people would happily give him more money if they had any idea of what he would do with it and that he had an actionable plan to further the Movement. The silence is deafening. :D

Right now I see this as primarily a Grassroots Movement with little or no leadership from the presidential campaign. I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing other than the fact that many people don't really care so much about the Movement; they care about Ron Paul. It isn't like we see 800,000 people in these forums, or even the 300,000 who donated online. Many people here seem to be in this for the long haul. They care not just about Ron Paul but also about the Message of Freedom and the success of this Movement in the long term (maybe many election cycles from now). But whether Ron Paul likes it or not, his role in this is significant and he has the ability to really leverage the support he has received if he wants to.

Not everyone is a leader. Most people are followers and they are waiting for "orders" from their captain.

Kotin
04-12-2008, 11:59 PM
and leaders also have their own leaders.

and we as leaders of the grassroots have Dr.Ron Paul

nc4rp
04-13-2008, 01:37 AM
N.C. has an official campaign coordinator. woot!

tajitj
04-13-2008, 07:28 AM
In the Gettysburg speech one quote really hit me hard. Dr Pauled talked about a possible ECONOMIC 9/11. The freedoms they took away from September 9/11 imagine if our dollar and whole credit system falls apart. The power they would try to take to "fix" the problem.
It should scare us.

kigol
04-13-2008, 12:18 PM
:cool: