PDA

View Full Version : Please help me educate an ignorant Ron Paul hater.

babaprad
04-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Guys - here's the link of a news article about Ron Paul's visit to Montana this week. An ignorant soul named "D San" is being ignorant by calling our man names on the comments section. I have been trying my best to educate this fool but, with no success. I could use some help setting this guy straight ahead of Dr. Pauls visit to Missoula. Thanks.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/news/news_article/ron_paul_coming_to_missoula/

steph3n
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Best to ignore.

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Guys - here's the link of a news article about Ron Paul's visit to Montana this week. An ignorant soul named "D San" is being ignorant by calling our man names on the comments section. I have been trying my best to educate this fool but, with no success. I could use some help setting this guy straight ahead of Dr. Pauls visit to Missoula. Thanks.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/news/news_article/ron_paul_coming_to_missoula/

Well I jumped over to that site and took a look at ole D San. Before I continue, is it just me or are those posts out of order to the point of making no sense? They should be in order to the time they were posted but they jump around making it rather hard to read.

Anyhow while I disagree with just ignoring him I do not know what to tell you about convincing him. He sounds to me like a man that is too foolish to see any reason. Apart from giving him a brain transplant from a monkey I don't see how to improve his intelligence.

I would have to agree though that those people (the Muslim terrorists) will hate regardless of what we do. That does not mean that we should not come home, I am just saying that he is right on that one thing.

Apart from that he is just to ignorant to do anything but have a name calling match with. Which I am thinking of doing anyway.

However I would say you are doing a nice job trying to explain your position. I have not read all the posts yet so maybe you already did, but if not try explaining to him that Ron supports the constitution and that if he is against Ron then he is basically against the constitution of America and certainly no patriot. That might help or it might enrage him, either way you will be right. That's about all the advice that I can offer until I finish reading what all has been said already.

Ah, it might just be that deleted post that make things seem out of order.

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Well I decided to try my hand at reasoning with them.

What do you think? I suppose I am a crazy nut job now huh? Or one of those giant Booger Eating Morons. :)

Well we can just hope that some day the poor man sees reason.

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 03:07 AM
I don't get it I just went back to that page and my comment is gone. What is the deal with that? I gave a valid email address. I didn't put my real name on there but several of the posts don't have peoples first and last names. I used no profanity or name calling or anything rude at all for that matter. Any ideas? I typed out quite a bit of info there and hate to have to do it again.

Does it take a certain amount of time for a post to show up? Because I made my post an hour ago and it still isn't showing up.

BirdsAreWild
04-13-2008, 07:00 AM
It looks like all comments on there must be reviewed by their moderator.

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 07:07 AM
It looks like all comments on there must be reviewed by their moderator.

I see. That makes sense. The part that is odd is that the first comment, after I clicked submit, appeared on the page. A while later when I went back it was gone and I tried to post a second one and that time I got a message that it must be approved by a moderator. Maybe I just missed that the first time around. Hopefully that is the case. Course it has been about four hours since I posted.

I seen that you were supposed to give your first and last name along with a valid email address. I gave a valid email but for a name I used 'The Avatar of Time' because I see no reason that I should have to give them my real name in order to post an opinion. Perhaps that is the problem but it doesn't look like all the other posters gave full first and last names either, only a couple of them.

I suppose I will try again in a little while with a full name, though probably a made up one. It's more than likely my own fault I suppose. I didn't really think that the name would be that big of deal.

What is anyone heres opinion? Is it the name I used, have I not waited long enough, or is it because they didn't like what I had to say?

babaprad
04-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, they are moderating the heck out of those comments...at this point, I think I'm going to take the advice of steph3n and ignore them.

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah it has been long enough that they would have posted it if they were going to by now. So you think then that it is what I said and not that I used 'The Avatar of Time' as my name?

That is too bad because I feel that I made a fairly decent argument and I was certainly more mature and respectful than some of the others on there. Oh well, if they want to be ignorant then I guess that is there business. I just can't believe that it only took about three minutes to remove my comment. I wouldn't think they could have even read it in three minutes.

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Okay I tried again to make my post. I used a full name, Fred Thompson, and a valid email registered to the same name. I submitted somewhere between 30-45 minutes ago. Any idea how long it is taking before they post a comment if they are going to? I noticed that you (babaprad) posted again so I figured that you could tell me how long it took for it to appear. I am going to email them if they do not post my comment, not that it will help but it will make me feel better. Anyway thanks in advance for the reply.

Oh, I guess it looks like you made your comment before you made your last post here, sorry. Anyhow my question still stands if you happen to remember how long it took.

babaprad
04-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, it's been odd...some of my message posted rather quickly but some took as long as 3 hours. Thanks for your efforts.

The Avatar of Time
04-16-2008, 09:03 PM
I finally got my comment to post. That is assuming that it has not been taken down already. Apparently they have quit moderating them because there was no screen saying that it had to await moderation. I just submitted it and it is posted.

Which is the way it worked the FIRST time I ever posted it. Then it was gone in, oh, five minutes. Maybe this one will last longer, course I don't know if anyone is still reading that article so it may not matter, but I feel better.

So either I was the reason they started moderating them or someone else about the same time as my post. Since the first on posted right away that is.

What's the odds that this one will be gone soon too?

Anyhow here is the link again: http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/news/news_article/ron_paul_coming_to_missoula/
if anyone is interested.

I posted it under the name Fred Thompson this time in case the reason that they deleted the other one was that I used The Avatar of Time as my name. Though I highly doubt that that is the case since I submitted it several times after that as Fred Thompson and they still would not post it.

Alex Libman
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Some people want to be slaves...