PDA

View Full Version : NC 8th District convention results

slacker921
04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
3 delegates and 3 alternates for the National convention were selected by vote of the 85 people present.. zero delegates went to Paul.

The candidates for national delegate had to pledge who they would vote for at the national convention. These are bound delegates that are completely separate from the delegates that will be selected at the state convention based on the outcome of our May 6th primary. There were only 15 votes for the delegate who indicated he would vote for Paul..

Just to give some perspective - one county had NO delegates representing them and many of the counties only had 1/4 or an 1/8 of their potential delegates present. What that means is if 25 Paul supporters had just showed up they would have automatically been able to vote... and we would have had enough voters to get at least one national delegate.

The positive note to this.. everyone who showed up is automatically sent on to be state delegates.

slacker921
04-12-2008, 12:49 PM
One thing that should also be pointed out.. . this is an indicator of how poor the support is for the GOP this year. A county that could send 140+ delegates to the district convention can't get more than 22 people together? Wow.. just wow. There were probably 75 or more empty seats in the room..

And it also just shows how totally out of whack our system is - that 85 people can get together and pick 3 delegates bound for the national convention?

MozoVote
04-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I forgot the total, but I don't think there were too many more than that, at 9th district.

Mecklenburg was sixtysome delegates, plus umpteen each from Union and Gaston. This is a district that includes southern Charlotte, it probably contains a couple hundred thousand GOP voters.

Oh well, on to state! If the mainstreamers wither away and the Paul bloc sticks together, we could win some close resolution votes there.

defe07
04-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh, rats! Well, we'll suffer some losses but we must take advantage of the wins. We might lose some battles but the main thing is not to lose the war! :D

nc4rp
04-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Denethor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0633604/): My sons are spent. My line has ended. Rohan has deserted us. Theoden's betrayed me. Abandon your posts! Flee, flee for your lives!
[He turns around, and Gandalf knocks him out with his staff]
Gandalf (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005212/): Prepare for battle!

:D way to put out the effort!! you and even the supporters that were absent still should attend and vote in the State convention (June), we will need every one of you there!! My understanding is that if you were elected at the county level as a delegate then you are a delegate to the district AND the state conventions. i could be wrong about that though.

Sandra
04-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Great Work!!!!

tajitj
04-12-2008, 09:23 PM
But think of how much we have learned in this battle. Many of us have realized a few people would have made the difference. That is what gives me hope for the future. Many small counties or districts need 20 or 30 hardcore activists to turn the place around.

dustup
04-13-2008, 03:47 PM
One thing that should also be pointed out.. . this is an indicator of how poor the support is for the GOP this year. A county that could send 140+ delegates to the district convention can't get more than 22 people together? Wow.. just wow. There were probably 75 or more empty seats in the room..

And it also just shows how totally out of whack our system is - that 85 people can get together and pick 3 delegates bound for the national convention?

You left out the fun part! Our nominated delegate stood and delivered with resolve and commitment......
RON PAUL! THEn ALL H_LL BROKE LOOSE! ALL THE NEOCONS GOT THEIR KNICKERS IN A BIND, one jumped up from Anson county ans shouted OH....COME ON!:mad: I said Shut up and sit down and let the man have his time!
After Second round of votes, our delegate got back up.....knowing the jig was up and we were being railroaded said: I have some questions.... Do you all know what the CFR is? John McCains is a member!....Are you in favor of abortion? John McCain is! Are you in favor of Amnesty for illegal aliens? John McCain is...there was gnashing of teeth,:p choking and speaking in angry voices to not put McCain down:rolleyes:.....Too Late! :D They heard the truth!!!! Our delegate is from the Concord meetup group and I nominate him for the Ron Paul Champion and Patriot of the Month! HE IS DA MAN!!!
And they still failed to answer my question why they are violating their own rules and supporting John McCain when there is still a GOP candidate with the primaries and State and National conventions before us!!! We were warned about these people by our forefathers....Divisive Designing men.........bnut they can be beat at their game! :D

rancher89
04-13-2008, 04:39 PM
You left out the fun part! Our nominated delegate stood and delivered with resolve and commitment......
RON PAUL! THEn ALL H_LL BROKE LOOSE! ALL THE NEOCONS GOT THEIR KNICKERS IN A BIND, one jumped up from Anson county ans shouted OH....COME ON!:mad: I said Shut up and sit down and let the man have his time!
After Second round of votes, our delegate got back up.....knowing the jig was up and we were being railroaded said: I have some questions.... Do you all know what the CFR is? John McCains is a member!....Are you in favor of abortion? John McCain is! Are you in favor of Amnesty for illegal aliens? John McCain is...there was gnashing of teeth,:p choking and speaking in angry voices to not put McCain down:rolleyes:.....Too Late! :D They heard the truth!!!! Our delegate is from the Concord meetup group and I nominate him for the Ron Paul Champion and Patriot of the Month! HE IS DA MAN!!!
And they still failed to answer my question why they are violating their own rules and supporting John McCain when there is still a GOP candidate with the primaries and State and National conventions before us!!! We were warned about these people by our forefathers....Divisive Designing men.........bnut they can be beat at their game! :D

LOL, there's hope! we just need to keep at it and , umm, oh yeah--"To infinity and beyond!" We can do this, it's so important, for us, for our children, for everyone that doesn't understand. DO NOT GIVE UP

bucfish
04-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Never Never give up WE WIL WIN THIS SKIRMISH, Ron Paul Promised and therefore I have faith!

nc4rp
04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
not all the GoP in our state are as Nasty as those people. some of our GoP are pretty cool. props to teh cool ones.

MozoVote
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey, if ya can't get anywhere reasoning with them, you can at least have some fun for your ten dollar ticket by laying the ugly truth out there!

dustup
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey, if ya can't get anywhere reasoning with them, you can at least have some fun for your ten dollar ticket by laying the ugly truth out there!
And we did! :D Now lets see if the Truth will set them FREE!

pepperpete1
04-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice Job!
Now all we need is for Ron Paul to get enough votes in your primary to be allocated some delegates! Go North Carolina Go!

slacker921
04-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Nice Job!
Now all we need is for Ron Paul to get enough votes in your primary to be allocated some delegates! Go North Carolina Go!

Ron Paul won't get more than 5% in NC the way things are right now. We need loads of campaign stops and ads.. see my signature for ad projects that you can donate to.