PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Caught in the Act…AGAIN!!!

dirtyp
04-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Censoring DR PAUL
http://waronyou.com/2008/04/youtube-caught-in-the-actagain/

satchelmcqueen
04-12-2008, 11:00 AM
good video and a great reminder.

Bruno
04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting it.

thx1149
04-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Censoring DR PAUL
http://waronyou.com/2008/04/youtube-caught-in-the-actagain/

I didn't see any evidence in that video that youtube had censored Paul? Their counters aren't perfect, and the counters get stuck on lots of videos and sometimes suddenly jump foward. It may very well be something in their software. We have no evidence that youtube had done anything with any intent to harm the Paul campaign, and we should be careful before making accusations. Youtube has been great to us throughout this campaign. Without them we wouldn't have made it this far. It's good to notice when something doesn't seem right (like the counters,) but we should definitely get solid evidence before turning our questions as to what is going on into accusations.

brandon
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I didn't see any evidence in that video that youtube had censored Paul? Their counters aren't perfect, and the counters get stuck on lots of videos and sometimes suddenly jump foward. It may very well be something in their software. We have no evidence that youtube had done anything with any intent to harm the Paul campaign, and we should be careful before making accusations. Youtube has been great to us throughout this campaign. Without them we wouldn't have made it this far. It's good to notice when something doesn't seem right (like the counters,) but we should definitely get solid evidence before turning our questions as to what is going on into accusations.

The OP is a troll just trying to generate traffic to his ad filled site. He flooded the forums with links to this crap, and as you can see, his posting priveleges are now under review.

diesirae
04-19-2008, 07:35 PM
The OP is a troll just trying to generate traffic to his ad filled site. He flooded the forums with links to this crap, and as you can see, his posting priveleges are now under review.

This was actually my first thought when I read that. Silly.

Kludge
04-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Youtube is owned by Google, the most libertarian corporation in the world. If Google could materialize itself into a (number of) woman(en), I'd marry it/her/them.

AND I'd have no problem with a joint savings account (that has never happened to date).

Highland
04-19-2008, 08:09 PM
bump

bander87
04-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Youtube is owned by Google, the most libertarian corporation in the world. If Google could materialize itself into a (number of) woman(en), I'd marry it/her/them.

AND I'd have no problem with a joint savings account (that has never happened to date).

Yep. I believe Ron Paul was the only candidate to be interviewed by Google.

yongrel
04-20-2008, 06:56 PM
DirtyP, GTFO!

Libertarian Ideals
04-21-2008, 03:17 AM
I've stopped using the Google search engine ever since I read this:

Ixquick search engine

Big commercial search engines are not free. They collect as much personal information about you as possible every time you log on, they collect your searches, they analyze them, and they find ways to make money from that information.

The worst is Google. Privacy International (PDF) provided privacy rankings for major search engines and other widely used sites like MySpace and YouTube. At the bottom was Google that PI ranked as absolutely hostile toward its customers' privacy.

Ixquick is different. The core of their privacy policy is a commitment to delete information about your searches within 48 hours. Their policy has been reviewed favorably by a long list of computer experts, including those published in CNET, ZDNet, the London Guardian and the New York Times.

Here's what the Guardian had to say :

The bad news is that Google - which supplies AOL's search results - has all that information and more. If you use Google's Gmail, address book, calendar, maps and other services, it could even tie your search data to things you are really doing. By the way, Google also knows which other websites you visit, if they use AdWords, and when.

Google's argument for collecting and storing all this invasive data is that it can provide better search results and, particularly, better targeted advertisements. The ads are how Google makes its billions. But trading privacy risks for better advertising sounds like a bad deal for users.

One answer is to delete the cookies that Google and other search engines (which are mostly as bad, or worse) put on your hard drive, and do searches via an anonymous proxy, so the search engine cannot tie them to your internet address. Another is to switch to search engines that say they don't record user data. Examples include ixquick (www.ixquick.com/) and Clusty (http://clusty.com).

I've been using ixquick.com and found that not only does it have a better privacy policy, but its power search options and interface are more advanced and user friendly than Google. We recommend that you give it a try.

Source: Ohmproject.org

diesirae
04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I've stopped using the Google search engine ever since I read this:

Ixquick search engine

Big commercial search engines are not free. They collect as much personal information about you as possible every time you log on, they collect your searches, they analyze them, and they find ways to make money from that information.

The worst is Google. Privacy International (PDF) provided privacy rankings for major search engines and other widely used sites like MySpace and YouTube. At the bottom was Google that PI ranked as absolutely hostile toward its customers' privacy.

Ixquick is different. The core of their privacy policy is a commitment to delete information about your searches within 48 hours. Their policy has been reviewed favorably by a long list of computer experts, including those published in CNET, ZDNet, the London Guardian and the New York Times.

Here's what the Guardian had to say :

The bad news is that Google - which supplies AOL's search results - has all that information and more. If you use Google's Gmail, address book, calendar, maps and other services, it could even tie your search data to things you are really doing. By the way, Google also knows which other websites you visit, if they use AdWords, and when.

Google's argument for collecting and storing all this invasive data is that it can provide better search results and, particularly, better targeted advertisements. The ads are how Google makes its billions. But trading privacy risks for better advertising sounds like a bad deal for users.

One answer is to delete the cookies that Google and other search engines (which are mostly as bad, or worse) put on your hard drive, and do searches via an anonymous proxy, so the search engine cannot tie them to your internet address. Another is to switch to search engines that say they don't record user data. Examples include ixquick (www.ixquick.com/) and Clusty (http://clusty.com).

I've been using ixquick.com and found that not only does it have a better privacy policy, but its power search options and interface are more advanced and user friendly than Google. We recommend that you give it a try.

Source: Ohmproject.org

Mmmm I love the smell of astroturf in the morning

thx1149
04-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Yep. I believe Ron Paul was the only candidate to be interviewed by Google.

Actually they did bring in many of the major candidates and had discussion forums with them. Their videos are great and worth searching for. The discussions and questions are often better than what shows up in TV interviews and debates.

Heres a link to get you started:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=google+candidates&search_type=&aq=f

scholarpreneur
04-30-2008, 08:40 PM

Don't know about the second part, but I totally agree with the first part.