04-12-2008, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VreSCWSyA_4

Skip to 04:00

Kotin
04-12-2008, 03:22 AM
nice 1

Jason726
04-12-2008, 07:27 AM
That was weak. I hate how so many media people constantly talk about the things that RP wants, and when they finally have someone running for Prez that is worthy they act like he doesn't exist.

constituent
04-12-2008, 07:42 AM
"we have to start that redeployment immediately... the road out of iraq is tehran."

the democrats are frightening.

Kilrain
04-12-2008, 07:50 AM
"we have to start that redeployment immediately... the road out of iraq is tehran."

Well, to be fair, he was talking about diplomacy with Iran, not invasion, but I'd still want to know where he'd move the troops. Moving them to Kuwait and other Middle Eastern countries would...you know...continue to ruin the economy.

Domestic policy > foreign policy in my book, but you still have to stop the insane spending abroad and that means bringing the troops home from pretty much everywhere. For me, the most compelling argument is that the US simply can't afford to maintain a worldwide empire. It will collapse, just like the Roman Empire, mainly because of economic reasons.

sratiug
04-12-2008, 08:05 AM

I think he meant talking to Iran, not bombing Iran. He said that when we leave Iran will want stability in Iraq. And that we should be talking to Iran.

cyndezu
04-12-2008, 09:03 AM
"when Ron Paul was running"
?? gee ya think someone on t.v. would be more informed.

gb13
04-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Bill Marr: "I never hear anybody say what...Ron Paul said when he was running..."

AAAAHHHH! Pisses me off to no end.

Eric21ND
04-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I hope when Ron's book comes out he'll go back on Maher's show. Hopefully as one of the guests for the full hour.

sophocles07
04-12-2008, 12:29 PM

Yeah, this guy supports Hillary Clinton. He DOES NOT mean "diplomacy" in the sense that Ron Paul/his supporters would think of it, he means it in the same terms that GH Bush and B Clinton mean it--as an extension of US military power. If he REALLY agreed with what Ron Paul had said, he would have supported Ron Paul and not Clinton.

By the way, does anyone else--this just came to mind as I think of Clinton supporters--find Lanny Davis to be one of the most annoying, weasely little guys you have ever come across? He pops up on every news channel defending Clinton, bashing whomever the opponent (even those in his own party) is with petty, "diplomatic" sophist-talk; GAWD he pisses me off.

ItsTime
04-12-2008, 01:06 PM
did he call him a loser again?

Join The Paul Side
04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I hope when Ron's book comes out he'll go back on Maher's show. Hopefully as one of the guests for the full hour.

I'd expect to see Ron on many shows when his book comes out. Especially if it's a best seller. :D

voytechs
04-12-2008, 07:03 PM
My favorate Bill M. comment. So Hillary is running against the establishment. I fell out of my chair when I herd that (2/3 way into the video.)

RonPaulMTV
04-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Somebody like Peter Schiff needs to go on Bill Maher and explain economics to him, because he really doesn't get it ... he's right on a lot of issues, but he doesn't seem to connect the problems that face America with the fundamental issue of the MONETARY SYSTEM. We should start a campaign to get Peter Schiff on Bill Maher ... I think he could open Maher's eyes a little.

Grandson of Liberty
04-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I'd expect to see Ron on many shows when his book comes out. Especially if it's a best seller. :D

Future Good Morning America:

"Welcome Dr. Paul. Wow, this is a great book, would you ever consider running for President?" :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

nbruno322
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
I used to think Maher offered a ray of light towards the truth on his show, but he has proven to be just as bad as the rest of 'em.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I, too, am disappointed by Maher's ignorance and blatant pandering to the Democrats the last few election cycles. He seemed like a fair and independent host in the year's of his show "Politically Incorrect." I think he even supported Nader in 2000 over Bush and Gore. That may not be saying much ideologically, but at least it shows he used to have a more open mind. What happened?

TruthAtLast
04-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I, too, am disappointed by Maher's ignorance and blatant pandering to the Democrats the last few election cycles. He seemed like a fair and independent host in the year's of his show "Politically Incorrect." I think he even supported Nader in 2000 over Bush and Gore. That may not be saying much ideologically, but at least it shows he used to have a more open mind. What happened?

He isn't informed anymore. He relies on this writers. When I saw him on Larry King and a caller asked him about about the delegate process, he had no friggin idea what they were talking about, and neither did Larry King. They didn't even know how delegates were really selected. Seriously, how can I know more about the delegate process than two hosts of Political talk shows?!!!!

Sometimes I think Bill Maher is at least "open" to the idea of Freedom and sound money (he has said repeatedly said that the country can't afford this empire we are building. He agrees with many things that Ron Paul says and disagrees with other things. He chastises his own party constantly for doing nothing) but he just doesn't "get" all of the things that are occurring right under his nose.

I doubt he knows of the particulars of the Patriot Act 2, or the dismantling of FISA, or the Homegrown Terrorist Act, or the Social Security "Identity Theft Prevention" Act.

As soon as people get informed and start connecting the dots, they venture into a realm that they don't like to go. They have no choice but to confront the "C" word. The fact that these actions are deliberately taken by our Government to strip us of freedom suddenly gets fair-minded intellectuals and even staunch party loyalists to acknowledge that just because it is labeled a "conspiracy" doesn't mean it isn't true.

The problem is that even if they know you are right, 99% of the people would never in a million years admit that they were wrong and that all of those "wackos" and "crazy activists" were right. They would never admit that they TWICE voted into office a President who has committed some of the most egregious acts against the Constitution and against humanity since the founding of our Country.

nc4rp
04-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Bill Marr: "I never hear anybody say what...Ron Paul said when he was running..."

AAAAHHHH! Pisses me off to no end.

when Bill sees "Obama vs Ron Paul" on his Presidential ballot, he will get the picture.

sophocles07
04-13-2008, 03:17 AM
Sometimes I think Bill Maher is at least "open" to the idea of Freedom and sound money (he has said repeatedly said that the country can't afford this empire we are building. He agrees with many things that Ron Paul says (and disagrees with other things. He chastises his own party constantly for doing nothing) but he just doesn't "get" all of the things that are occurring right under his nose.

Every time I watch him and guests discuss economic situations, I have the increased feeling that he has no idea how the economy should be run (i.e., sound money, no fed, etc.). He almost perpetually takes the Democrat-spend/etc side without any reason other than it seems slightly "radical" (I suppose).