PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul publicly "relaunch" his campaign? (as a publicity stunt)

FreedomRings
04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Many people believe that Ron Paul has dropped out.

What if he called a press conference and announced that he is officially "relaunching" his campaign to give dissatisfied voters of all persuasions a real choice, and that he will from now on confront not just Bernanke, but also McCain, Obama and Hillary?

While this would be just a publicity stunt I'm sure it would reenergize supporters and provide some much-needed attention. What do you think?

Kotin
04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
sure!

i bet at least daily paul will cover it LOL

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 10:36 PM

What if he called a press conference and announced that he is officially "relaunching" his campaign to give dissatisfied voters of all persuasions a real choice, and that he will from now on confront not just Bernanke, but also McCain, Obama and Hillary?

While this would be just a publicity stunt I'm sure it would reenergize supporters and provide some much-needed attention. What do you think?

I doubt the media would cover it, so I don't think it would be very effective. RP could make 2 media worthy (in their minds) announcements; officially ending his campaign or announcing a third party run

parke
04-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Tie it in with his book..

Then fire up his base with an Independent run on July 4th at a big event. The GOP is going to try to exclude us from the convention. If we see that they arent going to let our platform be head and wont accept our exsistence within the party, why dont we rally our troops for an indy run?

Weve all learned lessons from the run so far. Are we organized enough and driven enough to take on an independent run?

jake
04-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Tie it in with his book..

Then fire up his base with an Independent run on July 4th at a big event. The GOP is going to try to exclude us from the convention. If we see that they arent going to let our platform be head and wont accept our exsistence within the party, why dont we rally our troops for an indy run?

Weve all learned lessons from the run so far. Are we organized enough and driven enough to take on an independent run?

organized, maybe - but I think the real question is dedication. are we dedicated enough?

Rangeley
04-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I oppose the idea on the basis that he doesn't need to relaunch that which was never ended, nor does relaunching campaigns ever seem to go very well. Giving people the idea that he is coming back after dropping out doesn't help us; meanwhile, the fact he is commonly misreported as being out could serve as a case in point against the media choosing candidates and their misrepresenting of facts.

VoteForRonPaul
04-12-2008, 12:26 AM

The only way for this wish to happen is to fire the managers of this campaign

Kent Snyder ---> Fired
Chairman

Lew Moore ---> Fired
Campaign Manager

Debbie Hopper ---> Fired
National Field Director

Justine Lam ---> Fired
eCampaign Director

Amanda Lee ---> Fired
Events Coordinator

Jeff Frazee ---> Fired
National Youth Coordinator

Those people are responsible of killing this campaign and killing is a crime and its penalty is to be FIRED

tajitj
04-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Great idea. I feel like the campaign understimates the power of winning a state. I do have the feeling Ron does not want to be president. I am fine with that. But he is the key to the future of the movement at this point in time.
With his book coming out, everytime he is in public, he needs say he wants people votes and is still in the race. Simple one sentence, everytime he is on TV, or a speaking event.

FreedomRings
04-12-2008, 10:03 AM

Kent Snyder ---> Fired
Chairman

Lew Moore ---> Fired
Campaign Manager

Debbie Hopper ---> Fired
National Field Director

Justine Lam ---> Fired
eCampaign Director

Amanda Lee ---> Fired
Events Coordinator

Jeff Frazee ---> Fired

Those people are responsible of killing this campaign and killing is a crime and its penalty is to be FIRED

But who would you replace them with?

VoteForRonPaul
04-12-2008, 10:15 AM
But who would you replace them with?
How about Huck's? :cool:
No other managers will do worse than those people!
The grassroots need to be re-energized and because of this worthless people the grassroots are struggling.

Click here (http://www.business.com/directory/advertising_and_marketing/advertising/media_planning_and_buying/television_advertising/)

You have bunch of businesses are competing in a free market to bring services to you and they are all over the place.

slamhead
04-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Reminds me of the old George Carlin joke. "A man barricaded himself in his house today...an nobody cares".

tajitj
04-13-2008, 07:31 AM
We can do it for him buy making his book a number 1 best seller.

Conza88
04-13-2008, 07:41 AM
ROFL... YOU think a relaunch would get coverage?

Hahahahaah!!! Man, I want what you're smoking!

Edit: Currently 76.92% of this forum is high and out of their minds.

slacker921
04-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Jesse was on loads and loads of TV shows when he launched his book. Ron Paul should do the same and at each interview he'll have the opportunity to say he's still in the race (and read his book to find out why..).

Barr and Ventura are hovering in the wings.. the GOP is struggling to find support for McCain.. it's going to be interesting between now and Nov 4th.

speciallyblend
04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Yes Yes Yes, everyday ,every hour every minute ,until these dumbasses in the media unerstand .HE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. fill in the blank for the media________

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Hell to the YES he needs to do something to attract national media attention; just call a press conference to make them show up.....then string them along to keep them interested and WHAM say hes redoubling his efforts to get elected.

AJ Antimony
04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Hahaha if I were in Paul's position, I'd do this just to satirize the media.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
04-13-2008, 01:24 PM

Kent Snyder ---> Fired
Chairman

Lew Moore ---> Fired
Campaign Manager

Debbie Hopper ---> Fired
National Field Director

Justine Lam ---> Fired
eCampaign Director

Amanda Lee ---> Fired
Events Coordinator

Jeff Frazee ---> Fired

VoteForRonPaul ---> Fired
whiner

lucynuts
04-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't think the media will bother, they're straight up bastards. Look this past week Ron Paul campaigned pretty well at colleges in Pennsylvania and his speech at Gettysburg college was really good and plenty of people showed up. Now lets say Obama, McCain, or Hillary gave a speech where there were 80% less people I'm sure CNN would dedicate at least 10 minutes of air time live for their speech. It has gotten out of control and I'm starting to agree with Jesse Ventura that we are literally one choice away from communism. Communists have one choice we have two not much difference.

Give me liberty
04-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Hell ya.

Kludge
04-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Meh... A sign of desperation. Convert who we can in the GOP and get behind Bob Barr. If we have to split the GOP to get an "anyone-but-McCain" elected, I'll campaign for them.

Maybe we can get Ann Coulter to campaign for Barr ;)

wgadget
04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
The OP was posted on Friday, April 11th, the very same day I heard Ron Paul's name come up on the radio sound bytes several times. It was pretty much, "Ron Paul is still campaigning in PA....What is this about?"

Hehehe.

FreedomRings
04-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Current status:

Yes, Ron Paul should "relaunch" his campaign: 73.26%
No, he shouldn't: 26.74%

Even Jesse Ventura (a potential VP candidate!) stated on TV that Ron Paul has dropped out and that if he were still in the race, he would have aligned himself with Ron Paul. That's how effective the MSM has been in promoting Ron's supposed dropping out... even Ventura is misinformed.

However, it's not just the media. Ron Paul himself needs to do something to get the word out and make clear that he is still in the race.

His recent messages were much too ambiguous and in politics, when you make ambiguous statements like "we were much more successful than I ever dreamed of", "victory is not available in the traditional sense" and "this must be more than a Ron Paul revolution", the media and many supporters interpret that as "I'm dropping out but I don't want to hurt your feelings".

I'm in favor of a public relaunch because it would reenergize supporters. I understand the cynicism that the media probably wouldn't cover it anyway, but he has to do something! Maybe meet with Chavez or Ahmadinejad as a representative of his voters who want peace and free trade... or a surprise visit to Iraq... or relentless attacks on Obama, Clinton and McCain... anything that will get him back into the headlines.

Any other ideas?

acptulsa
04-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh, they'd cover it all right. They'd take him out of context, deny that he hadn't dropped out, and compare him to Ross Perot.