PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul with 596 national delegates?

Chester Copperpot
04-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Can somebody verify this information from the Ron Paul War Room?

It says we've got 596 delegates who say theyre voting for RP.

I have received alot email why I am stressing so much for everyone get a delegate position or alternate.
Well the primary’s are not over for one and McCain is just presumptive nominee. I cant stress that enough. Has of right now McCain only has 814 Delegates Bound to him on first ballot, only 364 Bound on second Ballot and 187 Bound to third ballot. There are about 156 more delegates in remaining primary’s.
I don’t know where MSM gets their numbers but they also show Ron Paul with only 14 delegates. Which is way incorrect. Has about 48 Bound Delegates and about 596 delegates been chossen for National Convention that say they are Ron Paul supporters

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=9345

Give me liberty
04-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Only a 596 delegates?

I thought we would had more then that.

porcupine
04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
That's great news! Are we maintaining a good presence at the conventions where delegates are elected?

Chester Copperpot
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
That's great news! Are we maintaining a good presence at the conventions where delegates are elected?

Yeah. its great news *IF* its true.. do we have any way to authenticate this?

tajitj
04-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Good question. I did see that. It gets to the bottom of the issue. We need to have some way of knowing which state has selected it national delegates and who they support.

I do feel like there is alot of offline support for Dr.Paul we at the forums and other websites never see. The old timer who is out there doing his thing and we never hear from them. 800,000 votes, a few hundred online here and other popular sites, does not add up. The only way hundreds of thousands of people got their Dr. Paul info was TV. That ended in Janurary.

maiki
04-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Is there an overlap in those numbers? how big is the overlap?

acroso
04-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Snake oil!

nate895
04-11-2008, 08:31 PM
God pray that be true, for if that is the case then we are in great shape. I'm guesstimating that only around 800 actual delegates have been selected (NY, CA, AK, LA, OH, RI, TN, IL, MD, and a few others). That would puts us on track to win around 1500-1600 national delegates, beyond my wildest imaginations.

Hook
04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Only a 596 delegates?

I thought we would had more then that.

You must have been dreaming. :)

I have a hard time beliving that we already have that many. Hardly any state conventions have even happened yet, so how could you know which national candidates support Dr. Paul when we haven't even selected the national delegates?

I think the 596 delegates number is the count of state or precinct delegates. This is the only thing that makes sense.

runningdiz
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't think we will know how many we really have until the first vote of national convention. Everything else is just speculation. Your not going to know everyone who supports Ron. Some National delegates, who are not Ron supporters, may vote for Ron just to spite McCain as well. Keep in mind most Republicans think McCain has nomination already that the national convention is just a formality. I am sure it will be treated as such by party officials.

Hook
04-11-2008, 08:37 PM
That guy's spelling and grammar has made me doubt his reliability.

No1ButPaul08
Has of right now McCain only has 814 Delegates Bound to him on first ballot, only 364 Bound on second Ballot and 187 Bound to third ballot. There are about 156 more delegates in remaining primary’s.

If McCain has 814 and there is 156 remaining, what happened to the other 1410 delegates? McCain has about 1000 bound and 200 unbound (they both count). There are many delegates left in states that have voted and about 400 from the upcoming primaries

I don’t know where MSM gets their numbers but they also show Ron Paul with only 14 delegates. Which is way incorrect. Has about 48 Bound Delegates and about 596 delegates been chossen for National Convention that say they are Ron Paul supporters.

I don't know where James Tucker gets his numbers. Ron has 8 bound delegates and 23 unbound. We will end up with more unbound delegates, but were no where near 48 BOUND delegates.

The last one can't be proven either way until the convention, but I would guess we are nowhere near 596 delegates. I would guess much, much lower at this point. ALL of his other numbers are way off. So is this one.

nate895
You must have been dreaming. :)

I have a hard time beliving that we already have that many. Hardly any state conventions have even happened yet, so how could you know which national candidates support Dr. Paul when we haven't even selected the national delegates?

I think the 596 delegates number is the count of state or precinct delegates. This is the only thing that makes sense.

Nah, there are more state delegates in any given state for Ron Paul then 596. I think it is either BS, exaggeration, projection, or the truth (praying it as such).

nate895
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
If McCain has 814 and there is 156 remaining, what happened to the other 1410 delegates? McCain has about 1000 bound and 200 unbound (they both count). There are many delegates left in states that have voted and about 400 from the upcoming primaries

I don't know where James Tucker gets his numbers. Ron has 8 bound delegates and 23 unbound. We will end up with more unbound delegates, but were no where near 48 BOUND delegates.

The last one can't be proven either way until the convention, but I would guess we are nowhere near 596 delegates. I would guess much, much lower at this point. ALL of his other numbers are way off. So is this one.

He gets his delegate numbers (48) from the Ron Paul Campaign.

Kotin
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Keep in mind most Republicans think McCain has nomination already that the national convention is just a formality. I am sure it will be treated as such by party officials.

and this will bite them in the ass.

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 08:42 PM
He gets his delegate numbers (48) from the Ron Paul Campaign.

There's no chance we have 48 BOUND delegate, none. Bound and unbound maybe, as we did well in the unbound caucus states. He also said McCain had 814 bound delegates, which is way off. I have him at 993.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg

nate895
04-11-2008, 08:47 PM
There's no chance we have 48 BOUND delegate, none. Bound and unbound maybe, as we did well in the unbound caucus states. He also said McCain had 814 bound delegates, which is way off. I have him at 994.

I'd put MS in the "Voted Good states" as it has a caucus coming up on the 25th. OK had a caucus, CT will, and WI will too, but that isn't a good state because McCain puts up a slate for people to vote on. I'd move Florida to "bad."

I am unsure how the campaign got those numbers, but that is what they said after Super Tuesday (BTW, I think he is confusing them for bound delegates).

As for McCain's delegates, subtract Texas (which fails to bind delegates in its rulebook), and IL, which directly elects unbound delegates, you get 818, which is only 4 off from 814.

acroso
04-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Someone quick, give McCain a blow job so we can be rid of him.

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I'd put MS in the "Voted Good states" as it has a caucus coming up on the 25th. OK had a caucus, CT will, and WI will too, but that isn't a good state because McCain puts up a slate for people to vote on. I'd move Florida to "bad."

I am unsure how the campaign got those numbers, but that is what they said after Super Tuesday (BTW, I think he is confusing them for bound delegates).

When MS voted I moved it and forgot to write that their delegates are bound until released. That's why it's in the bad state category. Same with OK. CT is like WI with the slate. You are right on FL, since they got penalized the committee get to pick the delegates. Changes made.

nate895
04-11-2008, 09:05 PM
When MS voted I moved it and forgot to write that their delegates are bound until released. That's why it's in the bad state category. Same with OK. CT is like WI with the slate. You are right on FL, since they got penalized the committee get to pick the delegates. Changes made.

I was planning on them changing the "bound until released" thing at the state convention.

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, well until that happens (which i don't think it will), it's going to stay under bad state

nc4rp
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
is that national delegates?or state delegates? or district delegates? of county delegates? or precinct delegates?

nate895
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
is that national delegates?or state delegates? or district delegates? of county delegates? or precinct delegates?

It is either BS or national delegates, as I believe my state alone has more state delegates.

slacker921
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
BS

nbhadja
04-11-2008, 09:25 PM

Troll alert!!
Get off the forum. We know you are a troll.
Everyone look at his post history.

McCain does not have 1000 delegates.

porcupine
04-11-2008, 09:34 PM

Great idea! You first.

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Troll alert!!

Well I said about 1000. It's actually 993 bound and 209 unbound. 1202 total

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2Ua4t0-Z5pFHScTNGq7bUg.

Please tell me where I'm wrong

RP4EVER
04-11-2008, 09:50 PM
The numbers dont matter if the state has a caucus; things can change; simply look at Minnesota. The only thing that matters is the national convention.

I have a question regarding the spreadsheet; what happens to Romneys 25 delegates in Montana?

Cowlesy
04-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Guys no matter what we need to fight tooth and freakin' nail for every GOP spot we can get.

Ron does not have 596 delegates, nowhere near so. I don't have some ironclad fact site to back me up, I just know that he doesn't in that if he did, there would be chaos in our party right now.

Keep fighting no matter what.

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 10:12 PM
As for McCain's delegates, subtract Texas (which fails to bind delegates in its rulebook), and IL, which directly elects unbound delegates, you get 818, which is only 4 off from 814.

Wrong on both counts. IL directly elects delegates but they are bound to their candidate. 54 are for McCain, 3 for Romney. The GOP summary says they are bound, and as far as i can tell, they haven't been wrong yet.
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/IL-R.phtml

Here's what the TX GOP says (BTW, the GOP also considers TX delegates bound. Also the GOP makes a note when the rules are tricky like morally bound or bound by best efforts. For TX and IL it just says bound and then the # of ballots)

Section 6. Election of District Delegates and Alternates at State Conventiona. Number of District Delegates and Alternates: Three (3) district delegates from each
Congressional district and three (3) alternates shall be elected at the State Convention required
by Section 174.092, Texas Election Code, in accordance with this section and the entitlements
set forth in Sections 8 and 9 hereof.
b. At the State Convention, each Congressional district shall meet and shall elect those district
delegates and alternates to which a candidate is entitled under Section 8. Elections for a
candidate’s committed delegates and alternates shall be from person nominated from the floor
at the said meeting, provided however, that said nominee agree to adhere to the pledge to the
candidate required under Section 10 hereof. Nominations for uncommitted delegates, if there is
such an entitlement, shall be provided under Section 4. Elections shall be by majority vote, one
at a time, with all delegates being elected first and then all alternates. Those delegates and
alternates elected by the Congressional district shall be submitted to the convention, which
shall confirm, and not amend, those district delegates and alternates who shall be the district
delegates and alternates from Texas to the National Convention of the Republican Party, and
shall be so certified in accordance with the Rules of the National Republican Party.

Section 7. Election of At-Large Delegates and Alternates at State Conventiona. As provided for in Rule 34(A), each Congressional District Caucus shall meet at the State
Convention, and elect one person to serve as a member of the National Nominations
Committee from persons nominated from the floor at the said meeting. Election to this
committee shall be by majority vote. In the same manner, each Congressional District Caucus
may recommend the name of one member for consideration by the National Nominations
Committee as a National Convention delegate or alternate, but the National Nominations
Committee is not required to accept such recommendation, in accordance with the rules of the
National Republican Party.
b. At the State Convention, the National Nominations Committee shall meet to select nominees
for all At-Large Delegates and Alternates, and consider the recommended names of members
of the Congressional District Caucuses for possible selection as National Convention Delegates
and Alternates.
c. Those At-Large delegate and alternate nominees selected by the National Nominations
committee shall be reported to the State Convention. This report shall not be amendable by the
State Convention, but shall either be confirmed or rejected by the State Convention. If the
report is rejected, it shall be immediately returned to the Committee for revision and then
resubmitted to the State Convention, until the report is confirmed by the Convention. The At-
Large delegates and alternates shall also be bound by the pledge provisions of Section 10 of
this rule. At-large delegates and alternates nominated and elected from Texas in accordance
with this Rule shall be certified as the delegates and alternates from Texas in accordance with
the Rules of the National Republican Party for the National Convention.

Section 8. District Delegate and Alternate Entitlements
For the purpose of determining the entitlement to district delegates and alternates by candidates, the
provisions of this section shall apply as follows:
a. More than 50% of Vote Received by Candidate: A candidate receiving more than fifty percent
(50%) of the votes in any Congressional district shall be entitled to three (3) delegates and
alternates from that Congressional district.
b. No Candidate Receives Majority of Vote: If no candidate receives a majority of the votes in
any Congressional district the plurality winner is entitled to two (2) delegates and alternates
from that district and the candidate receiving the next highest number of votes receives one (1)
delegate and alternate; provided, however, that if the plurality winner receives more than
twenty percent (20%) and the number of votes received by the next highest candidate is less
than twenty percent (20%), the plurality winner is entitled to three (3) delegates and alternates.
c. No Candidate Receives 20% of Vote: If no candidate receives more than twenty percent (20%),
each of the three (3) candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall receive one (1)
delegate and alternate.

Section 9. At-Large Delegate and Alternate EntitlementsFor the purpose of determining the entitlement to at-large delegates and alternates by candidates, the
provisions of this section shall apply, as follows:
a. More than 50% of Vote Received by Candidate: A candidate receiving more than fifty percent
(50%) of the votes cast in the Presidential Primary canvassed on a statewide basis shall be
entitled to all at-large delegates and alternates allocated to Texas under the Rules of the
b. No Candidate Receives Majority of Vote: If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast
statewide in the Presidential Primary, then the at-large delegates and alternates shall be
apportioned among the candidates receiving more than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide
vote in the ratio which the number of votes received by each such candidate who received more
than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide vote, bears to the total of all such candidates
receiving more than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide vote, rounding fractional delegates
and alternates upward to the next whole number beginning with the candidate receiving the
largest number of votes.
c. No Candidate receives 20% of Vote: If no candidate receives more than twenty percent (20%),
the at-large delegates and alternates shall be apportioned among such candidates, beginning
with the candidate receiving the highest number of votes and rounding fractional delegates and
alternates upward to the next whole number, and then awarding delegates and alternates to the
second highest candidate in the same manner, and so forth until the delegates and alternates to
be apportioned have been fully awarded.

Section 10. Pledge of Delegates and Alternates.a. Commitment to Candidate: By assenting to nomination on a Presidential candidate’s slate, each
delegate and alternate representing a Presidential candidate becomes pledged to the Presidential
candidate on whose slate the delegate and alternate is nominated in accordance with subsection
(b) of this section.
Length of Commitment: A person who is elected as a delegate or alternate to the National
Convention on the slate of a Presidential candidate by the State Convention to represent that
particular Presidential candidate at the National Convention and who does not resign from the
position is pledged to support that Presidential candidate at the National Convention until the
candidate is nominated or until the delegate or alternate is released from the pledges as follows:

1. First nomination convention ballot: delegate or alternate shall be released from the
pledge only in the event of death, withdrawal, or by decision of the candidate.
2. Second nomination convention ballot: delegate or alternate may be released from the
pledge by decision of the candidate;
3. Third nominating convention ballot: delegate or alternate shall be released from the
pledge if the candidate has failed to receive twenty percent (20%) or more of the total
vote cast on the preceding ballot; or by the decision of the candidate;
4. Fourth and subsequent nominating convention ballots: delegates and alternates are
released from any pledge.
c. Uncommitted Delegates: Uncommitted delegates and alternates may vote as they choose on all
questions and candidates presented at the National Convention. (This part is no longer applicable as Sections 8 and 9 entitle all the delegates to the candidates)

aravoth
04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Guys no matter what we need to fight tooth and freakin' nail for every GOP spot we can get.

Ron does not have 596 delegates, nowhere near so. I don't have some ironclad fact site to back me up, I just know that he doesn't in that if he did, there would be chaos in our party right now.

Yep, so far as we know he has less than 50. Keep going, do not stop doing what we have been doing.

Kotin
04-11-2008, 10:18 PM

thanks !

we needed some sense here lol.

No1ButPaul08
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
The numbers dont matter if the state has a caucus; things can change; simply look at Minnesota. The only thing that matters is the national convention.

I have a question regarding the spreadsheet; what happens to Romneys 25 delegates in Montana?

Sadly, the spreadsheet accounts for that. I have been very conservative in allocating the delegates in unbound caucus states. The sheet shows McCain having only 16 unbound caucus delegates. He cleaned up in the winner take all, pick your own delegate states.

Romney's Montana delegates will be released and picked up through the district and state convention. We have a realistic shot at some of these delegates.

Cowlesy
04-11-2008, 10:21 PM
thanks !

we needed some sense here lol.

3 words we all need to remember:

No Fucking Surrender.

Chester Copperpot
04-11-2008, 10:21 PM

No Fucking Surrender.

You know Cowlesy; Ive always liked your style.

Cowlesy
04-11-2008, 10:25 PM
You know Cowlesy; Ive always liked your style.

Mike M. -- I've always liked yours too, to be honest.

All I tell people now, is figure out who my Avatar is, and understand that even if I am a Mod, the Avatar's spirit is in me.

Think Sam Adams would ever just roll over and surrender? Hah.

Join The Paul Side
04-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Ok. What happens if delegates at the national convention that are Ron Paul Supporters, but bound to McCain, vote for Ron or refuse to vote for McCain?

I've read that if they are bound to the grumpy old man and vote for Ron, their vote won't count.

If this is so, and many McCain bound delegates vote for Ron although their vote won't count, couldn't this tactic stop McCain from reaching 1191 at the convention?

robertwerden
04-12-2008, 06:57 AM
I know exactly what will happen. The first vote will be read by the chairman and it wont give a winner. The various delegates who are simply pinching nose while voting for McCain will go "huh!"
The noise in the room will raise 100db and the media will swarm into the room live on national tv.

Every tv show world wide will break for a special report and announce John McCain does not have enough delegates to be nominated on the first vote.

Now the whole country will know the primaries mean nothing.

A second vote will happen, in which the nose holders will change their vote away from McCain.

After that second vote is read and McCain has even less delegates, the news will announce 2 words they are banned from saying,.......Ron Paul.

Oh what a wonderful day it will be.

LiveToWin
04-12-2008, 07:09 AM
"... The Revolutions comming soon."

Bradley in DC
04-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Ok. What happens if delegates at the national convention that are Ron Paul Supporters, but bound to McCain, vote for Ron or refuse to vote for McCain?

I've read that if they are bound to the grumpy old man and vote for Ron, their vote won't count.

If this is so, and many McCain bound delegates vote for Ron although their vote won't count, couldn't this tactic stop McCain from reaching 1191 at the convention?

Depends on a lot of factors (which state they're from, etc.), but there are a few basics to consider: one, we need to meet the required minimums in order to be nominated in the first place (see my brokered convention misunderstandings thread) or no RP votes count including those we've already won and secondly if there is any hint of dissent before the convention, McCain would substitute them with more loyal alternate delegates.

Banana
04-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Bradley, can they truly substitute dissenting delegates? I was under impression that for most part, once a delegate and an alternate is selected, that's what we have- if delegate doesn't show up, alternate gets to take over. But if both doesn't show up, it's one less vote, period...

tajitj
04-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Bound and Unbound does not mean much in states that select party insiders to be national delegates. A state like Pennsylvania looks a like the clear situation were we will know who wins and who are Paul supporters.
Only unbound delegates that were selected at state conventions with a Paul majority will be ours. Very few states have got that far in the process.

Conza88
04-12-2008, 10:24 AM
THe no. is more fken likely than the no. the MSM is telling us@!!!!!!!!!

nate895
04-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Wrong on both counts. IL directly elects delegates but they are bound to their candidate. 54 are for McCain, 3 for Romney. The GOP summary says they are bound, and as far as i can tell, they haven't been wrong yet.

Here's what the TX GOP says (BTW, the GOP also considers TX delegates bound. Also the GOP makes a note when the rules are tricky like morally bound or bound by best efforts. For TX and IL it just says bound and then the # of ballots)

Section 6. Election of District Delegates and Alternates at State Conventiona. Number of District Delegates and Alternates: Three (3) district delegates from each
Congressional district and three (3) alternates shall be elected at the State Convention required
by Section 174.092, Texas Election Code, in accordance with this section and the entitlements
set forth in Sections 8 and 9 hereof.
b. At the State Convention, each Congressional district shall meet and shall elect those district
delegates and alternates to which a candidate is entitled under Section 8. Elections for a
candidate’s committed delegates and alternates shall be from person nominated from the floor
at the said meeting, provided however, that said nominee agree to adhere to the pledge to the
candidate required under Section 10 hereof. Nominations for uncommitted delegates, if there is
such an entitlement, shall be provided under Section 4. Elections shall be by majority vote, one
at a time, with all delegates being elected first and then all alternates. Those delegates and
alternates elected by the Congressional district shall be submitted to the convention, which
shall confirm, and not amend, those district delegates and alternates who shall be the district
delegates and alternates from Texas to the National Convention of the Republican Party, and
shall be so certified in accordance with the Rules of the National Republican Party.

Section 7. Election of At-Large Delegates and Alternates at State Conventiona. As provided for in Rule 34(A), each Congressional District Caucus shall meet at the State
Convention, and elect one person to serve as a member of the National Nominations
Committee from persons nominated from the floor at the said meeting. Election to this
committee shall be by majority vote. In the same manner, each Congressional District Caucus
may recommend the name of one member for consideration by the National Nominations
Committee as a National Convention delegate or alternate, but the National Nominations
Committee is not required to accept such recommendation, in accordance with the rules of the
b. At the State Convention, the National Nominations Committee shall meet to select nominees
for all At-Large Delegates and Alternates, and consider the recommended names of members
of the Congressional District Caucuses for possible selection as National Convention Delegates
and Alternates.
c. Those At-Large delegate and alternate nominees selected by the National Nominations
committee shall be reported to the State Convention. This report shall not be amendable by the
State Convention, but shall either be confirmed or rejected by the State Convention. If the
report is rejected, it shall be immediately returned to the Committee for revision and then
resubmitted to the State Convention, until the report is confirmed by the Convention. The At-
Large delegates and alternates shall also be bound by the pledge provisions of Section 10 of
this rule. At-large delegates and alternates nominated and elected from Texas in accordance
with this Rule shall be certified as the delegates and alternates from Texas in accordance with
the Rules of the National Republican Party for the National Convention.

Section 8. District Delegate and Alternate Entitlements
For the purpose of determining the entitlement to district delegates and alternates by candidates, the
provisions of this section shall apply as follows:
(50%) of the votes in any Congressional district shall be entitled to three (3) delegates and
alternates from that Congressional district.
b. No Candidate Receives Majority of Vote: If no candidate receives a majority of the votes in
any Congressional district the plurality winner is entitled to two (2) delegates and alternates
from that district and the candidate receiving the next highest number of votes receives one (1)
delegate and alternate; provided, however, that if the plurality winner receives more than
twenty percent (20%) and the number of votes received by the next highest candidate is less
than twenty percent (20%), the plurality winner is entitled to three (3) delegates and alternates.
c. No Candidate Receives 20% of Vote: If no candidate receives more than twenty percent (20%),
each of the three (3) candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall receive one (1)
delegate and alternate.

Section 9. At-Large Delegate and Alternate EntitlementsFor the purpose of determining the entitlement to at-large delegates and alternates by candidates, the
provisions of this section shall apply, as follows:
(50%) of the votes cast in the Presidential Primary canvassed on a statewide basis shall be
entitled to all at-large delegates and alternates allocated to Texas under the Rules of the
b. No Candidate Receives Majority of Vote: If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast
statewide in the Presidential Primary, then the at-large delegates and alternates shall be
apportioned among the candidates receiving more than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide
vote in the ratio which the number of votes received by each such candidate who received more
than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide vote, bears to the total of all such candidates
receiving more than twenty percent (20%) of the statewide vote, rounding fractional delegates
and alternates upward to the next whole number beginning with the candidate receiving the
largest number of votes.
c. No Candidate receives 20% of Vote: If no candidate receives more than twenty percent (20%),
the at-large delegates and alternates shall be apportioned among such candidates, beginning
with the candidate receiving the highest number of votes and rounding fractional delegates and
alternates upward to the next whole number, and then awarding delegates and alternates to the
second highest candidate in the same manner, and so forth until the delegates and alternates to
be apportioned have been fully awarded.

Section 10. Pledge of Delegates and Alternates.a. Commitment to Candidate: By assenting to nomination on a Presidential candidate’s slate, each
delegate and alternate representing a Presidential candidate becomes pledged to the Presidential
candidate on whose slate the delegate and alternate is nominated in accordance with subsection
(b) of this section.
Length of Commitment: A person who is elected as a delegate or alternate to the National
Convention on the slate of a Presidential candidate by the State Convention to represent that
particular Presidential candidate at the National Convention and who does not resign from the
position is pledged to support that Presidential candidate at the National Convention until the
candidate is nominated or until the delegate or alternate is released from the pledges as follows:

1. First nomination convention ballot: delegate or alternate shall be released from the
pledge only in the event of death, withdrawal, or by decision of the candidate.
2. Second nomination convention ballot: delegate or alternate may be released from the
pledge by decision of the candidate;
3. Third nominating convention ballot: delegate or alternate shall be released from the
pledge if the candidate has failed to receive twenty percent (20%) or more of the total
vote cast on the preceding ballot; or by the decision of the candidate;
4. Fourth and subsequent nominating convention ballots: delegates and alternates are
released from any pledge.
c. Uncommitted Delegates: Uncommitted delegates and alternates may vote as they choose on all
questions and candidates presented at the National Convention. (This part is no longer applicable as Sections 8 and 9 entitle all the delegates to the candidates)

Illinois is a "loophole primary" I read it at green papers, and I have absolutely no idea where you got those TX rules because I scanned through the entire TX rule book, and I only saw election of delegates at the state and district conventions, and it said nothing about pledges. Besides, in TX, it only requires a majority tro amend the rules.

Gadsden Flag
04-12-2008, 10:41 AM
500+ sounds unbelievably high. If that's true, it's amazing.

No1ButPaul08
04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Illinois is a "loophole primary" I read it at green papers, and I have absolutely no idea where you got those TX rules because I scanned through the entire TX rule book, and I only saw election of delegates at the state and district conventions, and it said nothing about pledges. Besides, in TX, it only requires a majority tro amend the rules.

http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/2006_General_Rules.pdf?docID=2041

Pg. 18 sections 6-10

In Illinois, yes it's a loophole primary where the delegates are directly elected, but they are bound to their candidate preference. The green papers page for IL shows all the names of the delegates and their preference. 54 for McCain and 3 for Romney. I couldn't find in the IL GOP rules, but the GOP says they are bound. Even if they weren't bound, they are bigtime McCain supporters and very unlikely to flop.

ItsTime
04-12-2008, 11:46 AM
QFT

No Fucking Surrender.

defe07
04-12-2008, 12:35 PM
From what I've been reading, Dr. Paul has at least 50. This is considering the delegates Paul got in OK, MN, AK, ND and other states. However, I have no idea as to how many stealth delegates we have.

Bradley in DC
04-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Troll alert!!

His post history says that he has been working cooperatively with many others from this forum to promote Dr. Paul and discern good information from the many baseless rumors and misinformation swarming around. It is only with good information can we win.

Bradley in DC
04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Bradley, can they truly substitute dissenting delegates? I was under impression that for most part, once a delegate and an alternate is selected, that's what we have- if delegate doesn't show up, alternate gets to take over. But if both doesn't show up, it's one less vote, period...

There is, of course, a wide variety of rules by states, but yes substitutions can be made for a variety of reasons.

Banana
04-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I thought this was a RNC rule and thus applicable to all states....

RP4EVER
04-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Ok one factor I saw on the spreadsheet. The numbers for ND have yet to be corrected......Ron Paul has 11 delegates from that state refer to the ND forums.

rancher89
04-12-2008, 07:07 PM
OK, I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but just got back from the 12th district convention in North Carolina.

We have one delegate and one alternate elected to national for Ron Paul

Yours in freedom

No1ButPaul08
04-12-2008, 07:09 PM
OK, I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but just got back from the 12th district convention in North Carolina.

We have one delegate and one alternate elected to national for Ron Paul

Yours in freedom

How many delegates were allocated? 3 and 3 alternate?

No1ButPaul08
04-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Ok one factor I saw on the spreadsheet. The numbers for ND have yet to be corrected......Ron Paul has 11 delegates from that state refer to the ND forums.

I looked at the ND forums and did not see what you were talking about

MozoVote
04-12-2008, 08:09 PM
No1ButPaul08: North Carolina nominated delegates today from 3 congressional districts. Pat got a national alternate spot, and Thomas got a delegate spot.

NC has held 4 district conventions. So we're 1 for 12 right now on delegates... but hey this isn't liberty country like Minnesota or Nevada. A win is a win!

RP4EVER
04-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I looked at the ND forums and did not see what you were talking about

There is a post somewhere on these boards; I thought it was in the ND forums; but perhaps its in Grassroots central that states McCain and Paul split North Dakota 12 for McCain and 11 for Paul.

Found it http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128478&page=2

you may also want to add the one NC delegate; from Dist 12......i do believe thats an unbound delegate.

rancher89
04-12-2008, 08:42 PM
There is a post somewhere on these boards; I thought it was in the ND forums; but perhaps its in Grassroots central that states McCain and Paul split North Dakota 12 for McCain and 11 for Paul.

you may also want to add the one NC delegate; from Dist 12......i do believe thats an unbound delegate.

not til they pry it from my cold, dead hands....

Our delegates to national are proportional, after we have our primary on May 6th, we will know the percentages, but I'm declared, Ron Paul Delegate, alternate, for the National convention, can't take it away, I can vote for him the first go round!! no if ands or buts mister!!!!:D This is NC, not ND, please don't get me wrong ND is a great state--been there--great people, wonderful country....

AFM
04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Let's go to war, gentlemen.

rancher89
04-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Let's go to war, gentlemen.

Arrghh, pirates to the left, pirates to the right, sane men and women ahead!!

I want to get in touch with all national delegates -- pm me with your info

RP4EVER
04-12-2008, 09:26 PM

Our delegates to national are proportional, after we have our primary on May 6th, we will know the percentages, but I'm declared, Ron Paul Delegate, alternate, for the National convention, can't take it away, I can vote for him the first go round!! no if ands or buts mister!!!!:D This is NC, not ND, please don't get me wrong ND is a great state--been there--great people, wonderful country....

according to what ive read; NC delegates are UNBOUND; which means that you can vote however you please. What I was saying was the spreadsheet needs updating. Please dont misunderstand. And I did put NC.....note the bottom of my message with the large NC included.

No1ButPaul08
04-12-2008, 09:59 PM
according to what ive read; NC delegates are UNBOUND; which means that you can vote however you please. What I was saying was the spreadsheet needs updating. Please dont misunderstand. And I did put NC.....note the bottom of my message with the large NC included.

The delegates from NC are "morally bound." A delegate could be, "morally bound" to another canidate but vote for another, however, said delegate can plan on not being apart of the GOP after that. All of this will be moot unless RP get nominated by a majority of delegates from 5 states.

I really hate to tell you this, but you should know. You will only get to vote for RP if he gets nominated by a majority of delegates from 5 states. It could change, but at this point that looks unlikely.

Cool, changes made. This is the closest we have got to receiving the majority, 1 away.

nc4rp
04-12-2008, 10:03 PM
NC primary vote % (May 5th) will determine how many of our delegates actually go to National.

If Paul gets 10% of the primary vote, for example, then 10% of NC delegates to national will be Paul delegates.

cool thing is that independents can vote in our primary.

even if Paul gets more primary vote % than we have delegates, then a McCain delegate will be appointed to vote for Paul at national. talk about a twist of fate :D

TruthAtLast
04-12-2008, 10:14 PM

haha. someone needs to take one for the team. :D

RP4EVER
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
hang on im confused..........are the National delegates currently being elected in NC tied to the primary or not?

Looking at the spread sheet I believe Alaska and Nevada among the already voted states will tell the tale and I think Oregon Idaho and New Mexico will tell the tale amongst the upcoming states.

Does anyone know what Montanas rules are regarding Romneys dropping out; I read or heard somewhere that they would be bound to Paul by state law...but Im doubtful of that

Also what of West Virginias delegates; do they go unbound to National?

No1ButPaul08
04-12-2008, 11:28 PM
hang on im confused..........are the National delegates currently being elected in NC tied to the primary or not?
If the reports are true then yes.

I'm not sure how it's determined which delegates become "morally bound" to a candidate. I know it's proportional but I'm wondering howeach particular delegate is determined for each candidate.

They are "morally bound" meaning theoretically they could vote for another candidate. However, this person is almost certain to get thrown out of the GOP at the first opportunity.

nc4rp
04-13-2008, 12:37 AM
If the reports are true then yes.

I'm not sure how it's determined which delegates become "morally bound" to a candidate. I know it's proportional but I'm wondering howeach particular delegate is determined for each candidate.

They are "morally bound" meaning theoretically they could vote for another candidate. However, this person is almost certain to get thrown out of the GOP at the first opportunity.

in NC you have to declare/commit before the state convention. thats where they allocate the pirmary vote % to the appropriate number of delegates for each candidate.

County delegates are also sent to state, so we should have plenty of declared Paul delegates to cover our proportion of the primary vote. I guesstimate Paul will get about 15% - 20% of the Primary vote (uneducated guesstimation, and i hope its higher) so out of 69 delegates that would be about 10-14 delegates commited for Paul. (again thats an uneducated guesstimation)

yes if you vote differently at the national convention from how you declared at the state convention, your name would be mud in NC from then on (hypothetically). we wont have to worry about that. stealth delegates isnt really possible here. the GoP has been fair, mostly, in general, here relative to most other states. (except they removed Paul from teh website because "McCain is teh presumptive nominee"). so fair is how theyve treated us individual people - not Paul (and actually pretty nice to us in my county<<from my experience so far>>)

i would guess that if Congressman Paul and supporters make a larger than life impact at the national convention, that some NC's McCain delegates could vote their conscience if you get my drift. (add +5 to +20)

TXcarlosTX
04-13-2008, 01:04 AM

thats the best post ever!!!! haha

someone should really pull one out for the team!!!

MozoVote
04-13-2008, 06:25 AM
The thing that still isn't clear about NC's delegate allocation is whether it is proportional of the 39 that we get for the 13 congressional districts, or proportional of the whole 69. I've heard those extra 30 go to party bigwigs and influential donors.

My expectations are more restrained than nc4rp's. Virginia primary got 6%, SC got 3%. NC may improve some over that, with Romney and Huckabee out of the race, but if Paul isn't willing to spend money advertising I don't think it'll be a whole lot better.

In my mind, if Paul got single digits again, and we only have a few "declared" delegates, the followup goal is to stack the deck with the ones "morally bound" for McCain who can still go and shape the party platform.

nc4rp
04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
they figure them all in together at the state convention and allocate the proportion of the primary vote to a total 69 delegates to national.

theoretically we have enough delegates from County conventions already going to state level to receive Paul's primary vote %.

that is no reason not to participate in the district conventions though. We need to be involved with the GoP at every level to help them understand Paul's message and earn their respect.

NoMoreApathy
04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
The transcript of the email in the OP shows an obvious lack of english grammar skills. It looks like a foreigner who isn't fully educated on the English language wrote it. Very poorly written, with glaring errors.

How can it be taken seriously?

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 07:48 PM
hope you saw the news about the 5 oklahoma delegates No1butPaul

No1ButPaul08
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
hope you saw the news about the 5 oklahoma delegates No1butPaul

I did, but these delegates are currently bound to McCain or Huckabee. For that to change they would have to be unbound at the convention. We only got 5/15 of the CD delegates, so it is unlikely that we will have the 2/3 required at the state convention to pull that off.

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
bah; actually with Huckabee out those would be unbound wouldnt they?

No1ButPaul08
04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
bah; actually with Huckabee out those would be unbound wouldnt they?

Very good point

Huckabee's delegates should be unbound, assuming he releases them. From the report earlier we got 0 in CD 1, 1 in each CD 2-4, and 2 in CD 5

According to green papers, Huck won CD 1 and 2, and McCain won 3-5.

So we should come up with 1 unbound delegate from CD 2, assuming Huckabee releases him/her. Not sure if he can do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Huck released all of his delegates except the one's that are RP supporters. Sounds like something he would do.

RP4EVER
04-13-2008, 11:05 PM
according to wikipedia Huckabee is out; according to news sites hes out.....but I dont know; either way does it appear we came up with one delegate from Oklahoma?