PDA

View Full Version : District Conventions 4/19 ALL READ

Suzu
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
We need EVERY Ron Paul delegate AND alternate to ATTEND their CDCs! The MOGOP is going all out to outnumber us, so we need to show up in force. Don't be intimidated, especially if your district doesn't have a majority, please go!

countrykidz4freedom
04-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for posting this-I am an alternate, and was trying to know whether or not I should go, but now will definitely be going. Also, I just wanted to add," Everybody, please study Roberts Rules of Order, so you will know how to get things done correctly at the meeting. "

tajitj
04-18-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/missouri/the-district-convention/

Hope your fight goes well. Missouri really gave many hope with the delegate process.
From what I have read, some districts will have a huge majority and that makes it certain you can elect national delegates. Is that what you are hearing.

PaulineDisciple
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I am one of the Jackson County delegates and here is what I had to say on a online forum for the Kansas City Times:

h ttp://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/11118

We would have had more if our delegates were not given bogus blanket challenges, like that we didn't turn in our roster sheet when we filed our slate with the state because the Chairman or one of his minions walked out with it in the middle of the meeting, or that we weren't Republican enough or that we didn't properly elect a new chairman, they were given the opportunity to object to allowing the next highest ranking officer to take his place but no body spoke up and the time and according to Robert's rules, if no one calls for a point of order at the time of the infraction the decision made stands. Instead they chose to mull over their loss and scheme up a way to rob us of our victory. And get this, the party leadership made these kinds of blanket challenges in every major populated county in the state so that they could invalidate as many delegates as they could.

In other words, instead of inviting the most conservative, intelligent, articulate and informed people into their party with open arms, they chose to grab their toys and go home. They then went on to beg the party leadership to accept their bogus challenges in order that they could overturn the will of the people and disenfranchise a large segment of the populace. These kinds of blanket challenges used to try and overturn the decision of a open public assembly of legal voters is an outrage. What a pathetic way to win the majority of Americans back to conservative values. If that RINO McCain wins the nomination because the party leadership was willing to break their own rules and disenfranchise legitimately elected delegates, the Republican Party will deserve being thrown on the trash heap of history.

http://presupposetheism.blogspot.com/

hotbrownsauce
04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
This is having the impact Ron Paul wanted... we are making them scared... this is why they are challenging people like me who are delegates or alternate delegates all across Missouri.