PDA

View Full Version : Let us take 5 minutes to celebrate my pale American heritage.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Once again it is that time of year again when we true Americans gather together for 5 minutes to celebrate our American heritage. If one is just visiting with a pedigree that isn't American but would like to join in, then please feel free to fetch oneself a fresh glass of water to drink along with a jar of peanut butter and a package of saltine crackers to make sandwiches.
Yes, I know about peanut butter being invented by George Washington Carver and that his pedigree was African. While the eating of peanut butter and crackers has become a tradition, the eating of corned dogs next year is a possibility.
When celebrating my heritage as a true American, I generally spend the first minute contemplating my mongrel culture while spreading peanut butter onto the crackers. Unlike other people with predigree cultures in the United States, like Jews or Mexicans with duel citizenships, my culture is an unsightly blend of French Poodle, German Shepherd, Jew, Native American and Greek ancestries.
Not much happens in the next 3 minutes of my celebrating because it generally involves chewing up the peanut butter and crackers sandwiches before washing it all down with the fresh glass of water.
The final minute of my cultural celebration involves belching while sitting back with a full stomach. It is during this time that I observe that Jesus Christ was a white man. After this bit of recollection, I'm empowered during the next year to once again work hard and behave myself as Jesus might.

yongrel
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

yongrel
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/thisthreadsucks.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 02:08 PM
http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

"Mmmph . . . crunch crunch"

pcosmar
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
"Mmmph . . . crunch crunch"

I prefer peanut butter and pickles.
Let's see, French, English, Serbian and American Indian.
Pure Yooper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoopers

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan : the people from there (Yoopers).
Weather today,

Late Afternoon: Rain and snow. Steady temperature around 34. East wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 11pm. Low around 32. Breezy, with a east wind between 15 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
http://www.umich.edu/NewsE/JULY05WORDSinside.jpg

ItsTime
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
http://zapfu.com/files/fxjwyvhvdbmhnb3jae0w.gif (http://zapfu.com/)

LittleLightShining
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Italian, Dutch, Jewish, English on the one side. Hungarian and German on the other.

I will share my babka with you.

nate895
04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
1/2 Irish, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Ukrainian Russian.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
http://zapfu.com/files/fxjwyvhvdbmhnb3jae0w.gif (http://zapfu.com/)

It appears to me that the long haired fellow dropped his peanut butter and crackers.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I prefer peanut butter and pickles.
Let's see, French, English, Serbian and American Indian.
Pure Yooper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoopers

Weather today,

http://www.umich.edu/NewsE/JULY05WORDSinside.jpg

All Yoopers are invited to celebrate with us during our five minute observance of our American culture. Are there moose up there? Can one eat moose meat? Flying squirrel?
Are you also allowed to keep a dual citizenship like Mexicans can?

LittleLightShining
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Can one eat moose meat? Flying squirrel?

I can't vouch for squirrel but moose is good food.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Italian, Dutch, Jewish, English on the one side. Hungarian and German on the other.

I will share my babka with you.

Perhaps our diverse nation of ethnicities will allow you to aquire Italian, Dutch, Jewish, Engliah, Hungarian and German citizenships in the future?

LittleLightShining
04-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Perhaps our diverse nation of ethnicities will allow you to aquire Italian, Dutch, Jewish, Engliah, Hungarian and German citizenships in the future?Maybe. I'm pretty happy as an American, though, if we could just put her back on the tracks.

pcosmar
04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
All Yoopers are invited to celebrate with us during our five minute observance of our American culture. Are there moose up there? Can one eat moose meat? Flying squirrel?
Are you also allowed to keep a dual citizenship like Mexicans can?

All road kill is edible. And yes there are moose.

I also have a dual citizenship. I am a citizen of the Conch Republic.
http://www.conchrepublic.com/history.htm
http://www.roqueweb.com/images/conchflag.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
1/2 Irish, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Ukrainian Russian.

Congratulations on your Slavic and Irish heritages! The derogatory word slave (the "S" word) originated from the word Slav who suffered a long history of bondage to the Arabs, the Vikings, the Mongols, the Turkish Ottomans, the Germans during WW2 and the Soviet Union afterwards. Yet, the Slavs still don't complain as their women get kidnapped off the street to be thrown into world wide prostitution.
You have a very unique Slavic culture indeed.
Your Irish culture is equally fascinating with its contributions of James Joyce, Irish whiskey and potatoes.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Maybe. I'm pretty happy as an American, though, if we could just put her back on the tracks.

My menial American culture is the only one that I have to depend on. I really don't have a pedigree nor a dual citizenship as do other Americans who are just visiting here with their away from home r-r-rich heritages. Like the African Americans who were peacefully enslaved in Africa before they were so horribly ripped away to be violently freed in this nation.
Yes, indeed. It is certainly a privileged to have had these noble foreigners lower themselves to come to this poor nation as volunteers to teach us of their rich cultures. Yes. Thank you very much.
"Crunch"

nate895
04-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Congratulations on your Slavic and Irish heritages! The derogatory word slave (the "S" word) originated from the word Slav who suffered a long history of bondage to the Arabs, the Vikings, the Mongols, the Turkish Ottomans, the Germans during WW2 and the Soviet Union afterwards. Yet, the Slavs still don't complain as their women get kidnapped off the street to be thrown into world wide prostitution.
You have a very unique Slavic culture indeed.
Your Irish culture is equally fascinating with its contributions of James Joyce, Irish whiskey and potatoes.

I learned about the slave and Slav thing a few years back, and there is nothing that can beat corned beef and potatoes.

The Irish side of my family has been in America for a long time, since before Independence, but the Slavic only since the turn of the century.

constituent
04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
part german, part cherokee...

all texan.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I learned about the slave and Slav thing a few years back, and there is nothing that can beat corned beef and potatoes.

The Irish side of my family has been in America for a long time, since before Independence, but the Slavic only since the turn of the century.

The only thing I know about my culture is that one side of it climbed its way out of the swamps of Louisiana; while, the other side of it made its way down to Texas from Kentucky after spending some time in California.
I really don't care about researching my heritage. I'm like an offspring of the new nation of Zion. I find German culture and rap culture equally significant when compared to my American culture.

kyleAF
04-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Let's see...

Scottish, Irish, English, (in that order) and a little bit of Sioux to spice things up!

nate895
04-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Let's see...

Scottish, Irish, English, (in that order) and a little bit of Sioux to spice things up!

Hail fellow Briton.

amy31416
04-11-2008, 06:49 PM
This seems like a bizarre joke that I simply don't get. Weirdness abounds.

PennCustom4RP
04-11-2008, 07:27 PM
German and Frisian (Dutch) c.1689

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 09:09 PM
This seems like a bizarre joke that I simply don't get. Weirdness abounds.

Not a bizarre joke at all. I just lack that specific away from home heritage, that dual citizenship, that kind of r-r-rich culture that many Americans celebrate as visitors in our nation. Instead I have so many heritages that I've been mongrelled to the point that I amount to just an American with a menial American culture. In other words, when all goes to hell in this nation, I've got no place to flee to. Like the indegenous native Americans, I'm a true American.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Hail fellow Briton.

We shouldn't down play the importance of the Brits in the development of civilization and social contract theory!

amy31416
04-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Not a bizarre joke at all. I just lack that specific away from home heritage, that dual citizenship, that kind of r-r-rich culture that many Americans celebrate as visitors in our nation. Instead I have so many heritages that I've been mongrelled to the point that I amount to just an American with a menial American culture. In other words, when all goes to hell in this nation, I've got no place to flee to. Like the indegenous native Americans, I'm a true American.

Okay, well, pretty much look at a map of Europe and I've got a little bit of all of it. My family (on the paternal side) has been here since around 1730's I think? My mom's side is much more recent, but still pretty mongrelly.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Let's see...

Wow! Congratulations on your great British heritage. Still, the Sioux in you really impresses me. Have you ever built a tepee?

nate895
04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Wow! Congratulations on your great British heritage. Still, the Sioux in you really impresses me. Have you ever built a tepee?

It'd be funny if he hadn't since I have.

Cowlesy
04-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Uncle Watkins,

Ron Paul supporters are not just Americans, but understand there are supporters worldwide.

Our supporters, like you as a Ron Paul supporter, support a diverse population comprised of immigrants. Unless you're a native american, you're an immigrant!

I hope you join us in celebrating how diversity in the American population has contributed to our success as a nation.

Thanks.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Uncle Watkins,

Ron Paul supporters are not just Americans, but understand there are supporters worldwide.

Indeed, the American Enlightenment was part of a civilized movement which started with the philosopher Socrates of ancient Greece -- father of Western Civilization.
Socrates represented a major pivot point in history between a prior natural disorder and a more modern unnatural order. As teachers before trained the children of kingdoms to take their rightful place as future rulers in place of their parents -- an accepted natural disorder at that time -- Socrates argued that the children of the poor could improve their impoverished condition if teachers were willing to serve them as midwife philosophers -- an unnatural order.
This movement was later recognized and expounded on by both Jean-Jacques Rousseau, the father of Social Contract theory, and political scientist John Locke, the political scientist who developed natural rights as an undeniable "self evident" science.

Our supporters, like you as a Ron Paul supporter, support a diverse population comprised of immigrants. Unless you're a native american, you're an immigrant!

Indeed, according to a legal precedent determined outside of the Constitution, I'm considered an immigrant; whereas, according to the civil purpose designed in the Constitution all men are created equal. The civil purpose always takes precedent over legal precedents.
In other words, as an American, I have no specific pedigree, no dual citizenship and no idigenous status as a Native American. While citizens with such legal status can flee in times of peril to their foreign cultures, to their foreign nations or to their indigenous reservations, I have no place to flee to other than the United States of America.

I hope you join us in celebrating how diversity in the American population has contributed to our success as a nation.

Thanks.

I am willing to celebrate for 5 minutes. Look, there really isn't that much to observe and celebrate. We have the greatest nation on earth because we have the greatest Constitution. Any legal wealth created outside of the Constitution is only excrement when compared to the civil wealth within it.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay, well, pretty much look at a map of Europe and I've got a little bit of all of it. My family (on the paternal side) has been here since around 1730's I think? My mom's side is much more recent, but still pretty mongrelly.

Well, I guess like me you have no pedigree, no dual citizenship or indigenous status as an American. Go fetch a jar of peanut butter, some saltines and a fresh glass of water to join in with the 5 minute celebration of our menial disignation as Americans. Cheers!

scotto2008
04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I can't believe you played the "peanut butter" card.

We need to be uniters, not dividers. And deciders.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I can't believe you played the "peanut butter" card.

We need to be uniters, not dividers. And deciders.

I knew the eating of peanut butter crackers and the drinking of pure, fresh water would cause a lot of envy and division amongst the other cultures. But the purpose in celebrating our cultures is to display tauntingly to others what we feel are superior aspects about our own. Like what is done in the more pagan societies when they prance about naked around a maypole. I really envy such celebrations.

The One
04-12-2008, 12:47 PM
It appears to me that the long haired fellow dropped his peanut butter and crackers.

LMAO.....seriously funny, dude.:D

kyleAF
04-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Negative, but who knows what my future holds?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Negative, but who knows what my future holds?

Ahem.
In regards to our future, either we could continue to advance the Social Contract of our civilized government; or, we could allow our civilization to erode back to an ancient caste system.
In regards to the future of the United States, we should continue advancing the vision of our forefather's enlightenment by better understanding the order of how government is dispensed.
As an example, let us use this meal we are enjoying right now while celebrating our menial heritage as Americans. Such a metaphorical "meal" should be served to us by dividing authority into two parts with one tending to our primary civil need to quench our thirst by drinking and the other tending to our secondary needs for the basic sustenence by eating food. While offering fresh water as refreshment tends to our primary need for contentment, the sustenence of peanut butter and cracker sandwiches represent our secondary needs for education, wealth, health, security and so on.
So, we should have a pitcher of water on hand to go with our peanut butter and cracker sandwiches.
The Katrina disaster was an excellent example of how government should be dispensed. Of course, hurricane Katrina was a disaster because it messed up the celebration of life in that city. But then the government sent in the national guard with bottles of water to take care of the people's thirst which then restored their contentment. After they were celebrating again, then the government tended to the people's secondary needs.
So, when the proper order of dispensing government is observed, the people have total liberty and they celebrate life.
Good government becomes a tyranny when the dispensation of secondary sustenance takes precedent over the people's primary need to have their thirst quenched. While the lucrative business of creating legal precedents deal with the dispensation of secondary sustenance to the people, the less lucrative business of observing the primary civil purpose in the Constitution guarantees the primary dispensation of their collective contentment.
In other words, if we aren't careful with how our government is dispensed, we could end eating in a vain attempt to quench our thirst.

scotto2008
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I think that says it all. I totally agree.

Huh?

jpa
04-13-2008, 01:37 PM
1/4th italian 1/4th portogeuse 1/8th welsh 1/8th irish 1/16th english 1/16th cherokee 1/8th unknown :-)

American white mutt

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I think that says it all. I totally agree.

Huh?

I used the metaphor of a meal to help describe the people's prerequisite need for collective contentment. In other words, the dispensation of authoritive "power" to move people around meaninglessly is not a quality of government but a negative abstract of how people interpret government while they are having to suffer under the rule of a tyranny. In contrast, real authority dispenses government in a proper order. Explaining this proper authority as one would explain the order of how a meal is dispensed, the proper order of authority serves the thirst of the people first before it tends to their secondary need for the sustenance of food.
Not observing this simple order could have people eating to quench their thirst with their "thirst" representing the civil value in the Constitution while the sustenence they eat represents the legal precendents outside of it.
The civil purpose of collective contentment in the Constitution, the people's thirst, should supercede the legal precedents necessary for its implementation, the people's hunger. As collective contentment represents a refreshment which quenches the thirst of our being, the legal precedents represent the sustenence necessary to deliver and support the refreshment. These legal precedents are secondary needs like education, security, wealth, health and so on.
So, while tyranny moves people around meaninglessly with an abstract use of "power" to obtain sustenence, proper authority is nothing more than dispensing government in a proper order.

Nirvikalpa
04-13-2008, 02:03 PM
1/2 Italian, 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish. 100% American.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2008, 02:16 PM
1/4th italian 1/4th portogeuse 1/8th welsh 1/8th irish 1/16th english 1/16th cherokee 1/8th unknown :-)

American white mutt

When encaged in the dog pound, try smiling as much as possible.

Of course, like a mutt in a dog pound, your rich heritage of diverse cultures is despised when compared to Americans with pedigrees, dual citizenships and indigenous designations. Cheers!